Save the economic collapse of sweat

Do you think its about time to bring out more things to make sweat with?

• Yes.

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • No.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Not Sure.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Just in it for the EFD!

Votes: 20 14.6%

• Total voters
Lol, to the second post.... panic thread? look at the price for sweat now... a little while later and it will keeping going lower now, due to the flood of new people and still not as much demand as needed for it. Just browsing my old subscribes... sweat price today 1.60 ped to 2.00, avg 1.70.

Necro thread, but yeah OP's prediction seem to have been accurate.

Currently on Caly it's about 1.8/k and on Arkadia it's pretty firmly 2.0/k.

Nhaa. OP didn't predict anything, but guessed, which is quite different.

Nhaa. OP didn't predict anything, but guessed, which is quite different.

The OP seemed to have used past information to speculate on future prices. That's a prediction in my book.

A guess would have been just posting a random number without considering any data.

The OP seemed to have used past information to speculate on future prices. That's a prediction in my book.

A guess would have been just posting a random number without considering any data.

Looking at the first few posts quoting him you can see he altered the numbers in OP - He made a prediction based on the wrong numbers, then changed the numbers without changing the prediction --> guess.

and when did I edit the OP? lol, years ago. I'm not bothered about people who said I 'guessed' stuff or magically planed this post back, this is the internet, and yeah I Necro, had to after I reread the whole post again, it amused me strait after the second post...

and when did I edit the OP? lol, years ago. I'm not bothered about people who said I 'guessed' stuff or magically planed this post back, this is the internet, and yeah I Necro, had to after I reread the whole post again, it amused me strait after the second post...

Doesn't matter really, just pointing it out. Anyways, turned out your fears were correct.

Welcome back by the way!

Thanks its good to be back, I left mainly because of the spec update of the game, and life stuff, but im back for a while at least, re-establishing my trade lines and stuff, I was just trawling the state I left the forum In, checking my older posts.

Since the OP a lot of bps and other applications for sweat were introduced yet the price is still falling, because the number of sweaters fluctuates according to the demand, better conditions eventually backfire at the price.

And the whole fact that people still do sweat means that it's still worth too much.

I agree, im starting to think sweat price just simply depends on the amount of people in entropia, because everyone can sweat...

Sweat prices are only a reflection of the use and that number of uses is very little. They could do a number of things to increase the consumption of sweat (barf).

There are a few more factors that influence the value of sweat. Not talking about the actual value in xx.xx ped, but what newcomers atually can do with the mone nowadays. A lot of low level activity became cheaper compared to 2010
To name a few:
- Rookie Mining
- Puny hunting ( and entry level weapons are way cheaper compared to 2010, a lot of more eco options available )
-Newcomer mission chain
-Additional revenue streams ( e.g. Ark Deeds )

Overall i think to start EU on low budget or for free is not harder as it was compared to the time i started.
Actually it is easier, when i remember my first step i was just dumped into the newcomer zone without anything and was on my own. ( in 2009 ).

Sweat prices are only a reflection of the use and that number of uses is very little. They could do a number of things to increase the consumption of sweat (barf).

I've seen many ideas. For me, the most elegant solution I've read is to require sweat for explosive blueprints.

I've seen many ideas. For me, the most elegant solution I've read is to require sweat for explosive blueprints.

lmao

Not the worst idea :D

My observations indicate that sweat sells for around 2.5-3/k... Which is respectable.. For what it's worth 4ped/k would be better, but anymore than that discourages depositing, which hurts Mindark, and EU in the long run.. Sweating is great, but it shouldn't be a reliable way to build up thousands of ped..

For what it's worth 4ped/k would be better, but anymore than that discourages depositing, which hurts Mindark, and EU in the long run.

Where does the buyers PEDs come from?

What planet is this on?

Buyers around boreas..

And regardless of who pays for the sweat high swear prices discourage "new" depositing players.. Then you'll have everyone sweating and no one buying because everyone just sweats to make ped.

Hence oversaturation of markets

Buyers around boreas..

And regardless of who pays for the sweat high swear prices discourage "new" depositing players.. Then you'll have everyone sweating and no one buying because everyone just sweats to make ped.

Hence oversaturation of markets

If no one is buying the prices fall and we have the situation we have today.

The only thing higher sweat prices do is make Mindforce more expensive. Higher sweat prices have no effect on deposits on a universe wide level.

When the OP posted this thread was there still a cap on sweat?

Lol, to the second post.... panic thread? look at the price for sweat now... a little while later and it will keeping going lower now, due to the flood of new people and still not as much demand as needed for it. Just browsing my old subscribes... sweat price today 1.60 ped to 2.00, avg 1.70.

And yes prices are going down and will keep going down due to the overload of sweat out on the market these days with there being no upper cap on how much one can have at any given time. I have been collecting my sweat now for well over 4 years (yes love collecting stuff) and I have well over 2.3million. You think if I were to sell it all now I could kill the market even more?

Yes we need more stuff for sweat but at the same time not so much to break the bank of MA.

This isn't a bad idea since as of now sense we are more or less buying tokens from the teller to then craft and sell our winnings looses back to her. MA needs to add stuff to the BP so they can BS any legal issues that may arise from this.

Buyers around boreas..

Since I constantly see people at Icarus struggling to sell at 1.7-1.8, those who buy at 2.5+ at Boreas do it probably for the sake of charity. Charity isn't something that defines the market.

Also charity may do a disservice. One day I bought some sweat for 2ped/k from a guy who offered at 1.5 for hours with no takers (it was especially dead season last summer). A couple of weeks later I met that guy again trying to sell 15k for 30 ped. I asked him if he went into reselling, with a stack of that size, and he answered that no, he just offers now only at 2 ped/k after my example - and haven't actually sold any since.

When the OP posted this thread was there still a cap on sweat?

When I joined in '06 the cap was already an ancient history. From what I heard, removing the cap dropped sweat prices from 20 ped per 1k (or 2 ped per 100, it was common to sell in hundreds; once observed a reaction from someone returned from oblivion - "wow, still 2 ped! wait.. what?!" :)) to below 10. In mid 2006 it was 6-6.5 (with 6+ being what 2 is today - great but rare.

When I joined in '06 the cap was already an ancient history. From what I heard, removing the cap dropped sweat prices from 20 ped per 1k (or 2 ped per 100, it was common to sell in hundreds; once observed a reaction from someone returned from oblivion - "wow, still 2 ped! wait.. what?!" :)) to below 10. In mid 2006 it was 6-6.5 (with 6+ being what 2 is today - great but rare.

REALLY?! :scratch2: From reading the past posts over the years about how the market has crashed and all along with some bring up the cap is due to it all I was guessing it was like just a few years ago and all.:eyecrazy: My guess was maybe around '10 or so. So people still cry about the cap now 9 years later? heh

Wow I be a necro master! When i started this post the cap was long gone and I have never seen buyers buying for 3 ped at boreas since i have been back, all i have seen is 2.5 at most from the big industry event thing, and thats only 10 lucky people, and i have mainly been hanging at boreas for the last 3 months

More expensive sweat means more sweaters...it will be keeping such price even if we all will be shooting our guns with sweat.
Price of sweat is more dependant of electricity and internet acces costs than any action MA can undertake.
Combined cost of electrisity and internet acces lowered greatly in countries with least average number of depositors.

Having more of a market for sweat would be good but I don't think it would have much of an effect on the price. As shoti just stated, if prices started going up, then more people would do it and drive it back down again. It's supply/demand at it's finest..

So you are trying to say sweat didnt not cost much more when there was a sweat cap?

When there was a sweat cap you also got less sweat per pull, price was not much higher back then if you adjust for that.

When there was a sweat cap you also got less sweat per pull, price was not much higher back then if you adjust for that.

Ermik, when I pull now, i get 1-4 bottles per pull.. Back when the cap was on, I could get 1-20 bottles per pull.. my reccolection of the price was like 4-5 ped per 1K (with the cap) and once the cap dropped it dived to like .5 per 1K.. I still have a shitload of sweat in my storage from those days..

Back