Scam solution

MKDX

Mature
Society
Freelancer
DanMKDX
I was reading the scam post´s and read one thing that stayed in my mind(sorry i can´t remenber the person that said it first).. why not create a ownership for item´s just like the minig claim´s? I know that would make alot of "little paper´s" in your inventory but they could create something like a ownership´s book... And even a button to re-claim the item so that wen you wanted you can take your item back... That would solve most of the scam´s if not everyone of them...

Yeah, but i can easily imagine a little trading bug with the re-claiming, you know what i mean ;)

Well if that happens you would trade the ownership paper instead of the item.
Ofcourse this would mean a big change in terms of the trade sistem but i think it would work

i see more posibilities to scam with this system than to scam with the old system lol

MKDX said:
I was reading the scam post´s and read one thing that stayed in my mind(sorry i can´t remenber the person that said it first).. why not create a ownership for item´s just like the minig claim´s? I know that would make alot of "little paper´s" in your inventory but they could create something like a ownership´s book... And even a button to re-claim the item so that wen you wanted you can take your item back... That would solve most of the scam´s if not everyone of them...

Because it does nothing to effect the GNP of PE. It only benefits the players.

look at it this way...if everyone could just borrow what ever item they wanted to, then would be no reason to buy one, therefore no reason to deposit to buy one...

Morg said:
Because it does nothing to effect the GNP of PE. It only benefits the players.

look at it this way...if everyone could just borrow what ever item they wanted to, then would be no reason to buy one, therefore no reason to deposit to buy one...

This meens that you agree or disagree? lol :D

MKDX said:
This meens that you agree or disagree? lol :D

I agree 100% that it is a good idea (for players) to impliment ANY type of a borrowing system. I even have quite a few of my best itmes "borrowed" out at the moment.

But, whenever i borrow something from somebody, they want it in the condition it was, so basicly there still is a need to deposit and have your OWN stuff... I doubt everybody repairs their equipment after a hunt/mining run, as they would if their eq. was borrowed.
But to that "item deed" system, im not sure how F1r3 sees more possibilities to scam this way...

KUBINY said:
But to that "item deed" system, im not sure how F1r3 sees more possibilities to scam this way...

the eventual/potential "bugs" and exploits (of a new system) would be my guess.

Best way to stop scam is to stop being naive, stupid or careless. Problems solved ;)

Witte said:
Best way to stop scam is to stop being naive, stupid or careless. Problems solved ;)

great advice....add this one too, best way not to lose $ in PE is not to deposit.

...equally as helpful.

An easy solution can be found in my current signature :D

KUBINY said:
But, whenever i borrow something from somebody, they want it in the condition it was.

When I've loaned things from/to people, the method I use is this:

I pass you my gun ( for example ) with a current TT of 50 ped, you give me 50 ped.

You then return the gun to me and it's decayed to 20 ped, so I give you 20 ped. Or perhaps you have repaired it to 80ped, so I give you 80 ped.

This does balance everthing out and removes repair terminals from the equasion.

It does not help removing scamming of course, but I just mention it as it makes lending things to trusted friends a little simpler.

Dirk said:
When I've loaned things from/to people, the method I use is this:

I pass you my gun ( for example ) with a current TT of 50 ped, you give me 50 ped.

You then return the gun to me and it's decayed to 20 ped, so I give you 20 ped. Or perhaps you have repaired it to 80ped, so I give you 80 ped.

This does balance everthing out and removes repair terminals from the equasion.

It does not help removing scamming of course, but I just mention it as it makes lending things to trusted friends a little simpler.

Yeah, thats a good way to do it, Its similar to wanting the market price of a GSI when trading skills... that way you can ditch off lots of scamers right away.

Back