Scientific Mode

Jimmy B

Indioni Jones
Society
Skillin' Villains
Oni
Let's have a setting in the Options page that turns all item tt values on an item's description/info page from 2 decimal places (as it is now) to 5 decimal places.

It's not going to matter to many people, but anyone who's ever fiddled around with fruit/dung/sweat/fragments in the tt machine would love it.

Doesn't add any functionality, doesn't change the game in any way, must be really simple to implement, most people won't ever notice it, and a few people will be very grateful.

Good idea,
I think being able to have a few more decimal places when selling an item would be just as useful.
Especially when filling an order. :tiphat:

I think it deliberately made hard. It is MA's policy to make participants figure out how stuff works themselves. It adds to the knowledge required to be successful, which offers both a challenge and makes it less of a game of chance.

I think it deliberately made hard. It is MA's policy to make participants figure out how stuff works themselves. It adds to the knowledge required to be successful, which offers both a challenge and makes it less of a game of chance.

Sure, but really now there is nothing hard about doing the decay test. Anyone who wants to work out decay can find out how to do it in about 60 seconds.

But it is time-consuming and gets a bit tedious after a while. Let's take determining mob damage as an example. The fun part that has some challenge is deciding what armour to wear and going through the process of eliminating damage types and then doing the maths to work out the distribution of damage. The fruit test is just a grind that slows the whole process down and delays my next hunt.

Last edited:
Sure, but really now there is nothing hard about doing the decay test. Anyone who wants to work out decay can find out how to do it in about 60 seconds.

But it is time-consuming gets a bit tedious after a while. Let's take determining mob damage as an example. The fun part that has some challenge is deciding what armour to wear and going through the process of eliminating damage types and then doing the maths to work out the distribution of damage. The fruit test is just a grind that slows the whole process down and delays my next hunt.

Not hard in the sense of difficult, but hard in the sense of time consuming. Anyhow, I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented either, I just think we will never get it because of above reasons. But you can always try ;).

BTW I heard that nowadays shopkeepers do give 5 decimal values. Never saw it confirmed though.

I also sign for this wish :). It would be way easier to test things but as Witte said - MA mayby do not want us to know everything that easy :).

Falagor
:bandit:

Back