FYI: Scripters are sadly back ingame!

Bleppen

Old
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Stekhuset Blobb Bleppen
i bet most off u already seen this scripter but if u havent u can go to zychion almost any time any day and he will be there inside a ruin repairing a car that his 2nd avatar is smashing into walls by a script.
His soc kicked him out when they found out what he was upto.
Sent supportmails 5 times in 5 weeks about this but still he is there!
Time 4 the community to act, i told support i wont deposit anymore until this obvious scripter is taken care off properly and i suggest more ppl put some preasure on MA to act on this kind off behaviour.

Ya, I have seen him doing that for many months, not even sure how long anymore lol

my response

Thanks for being diligent about this. I too saw either this person or someone else awhile back. For some reason it makes me angry. It's because it's stupid, annoying, skill farming, and there is nothing I can do about it. I even considered running an event just to kick him out of the zone (just a thought)
But I too have submitted a support case.
Here is the info.
Case Summary
Case #: 15043-9737
Email Notification (Contact Info): Yes
Date Created: Dec 3, 2010 12:22 AM GMT
Last Updated: Dec 31, 2010 1:03 AM GMT

Case Description
Category: In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Abuse or Harassment
Deposit method:
Summary: Auto-skilling
Details: I have seen this avatar several times doing this. He drives his car forward, then backwards to get some damage to the car, then hops out and repairs then hops in.... and repeat

It is obvious that he/she is AFK and it is in auto-mode or using some sort of macro. I don't feel like this should be allowed.
Position: Zychoin Citadel
Time of incident: 00:12
Sensitive details upload:
Attachment:
Attachmentdave.jpg

Here is the reply:

Solution
Solved:
(Dec 3, 2010 1:02 AM GMT)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us. You did exactly the right thing and it will help us to ear mark participants that engage in actions that violate the EULA.

Unfortunately these unscrupulous characters do exist within Planet Calypso and we must remind you to always remain vigilant for these type of participants.

We are committed to make Planet Calypso an enjoyable and fairer experience for all and we thank you for helping us reach that goal.

Kind regards,

Gabriel| Planet Calypso Support

I sent in a support case probably a month ago about the very same person doing the exact same thing at Zych. Looks like they really took action against him :rolleyes:

thats rn flying red-s second avatar!

same bullshit answers i have got from support :handjob:

I made an event 4 that purpose like 2 weeks ago called something like "kick the scripter out":laugh:

I'm sure the authorities like him decaying his tools 24/7. More money for them :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that guy doing that crap to. I asked him what he was doing and he ignored me. Whether it be against the rules or not its still wrong and we should hang him up. Who's got the gibbet?

MY GOD THEIR STILL AT IT!? I saw them there months ago, he must b lvl 50 repair by now 0.o

i saw that he and his buddy are selling those tainted skills they are getting for next to no effort, on the auction :/

wasnt there a HUGE stink when those people back in the day were "skill farming" in the acid pools with the mod faps?

is this not the same? those repair tools are extremely cheap to use...

i sent a support case my self, a while ago but i got the same BS answer as every one else :(

not too happy that these guys has been doing this for so long with no punishment :mad:

When I first saw them, I tried everything I could think of to "help them redirect their stuck vehicle" (as friendly and caring neighbors). Oil barrels, mobs, furniture, you name it, I tried (Most of you already know that I have an abundance of free time and nothing better to do ... :laugh:).

After a while they seem to wake up and torrent me with insults :mad:. Fair enough. So they are human after all.

But actually ... how can one guy driving a jeep (wasting fuel) and one guy repairing that minuscule amount of damage be an effective way of gaining skills when the fuel cost must outweigh that little bit of skill the other guy gains?

I still wonder what is the benefit from doing that? And why people repair vehicles for free in Twin? You get repair skill and so what? :scratch2:

I still wonder what is the benefit from doing that? And why people repair vehicles for free in Twin? You get repair skill and so what? :scratch2:

You get a ton of crafting skills which you can sell for a nice markup, that's what.

People in Twins repair for free for perhaps one of the following reasons:
- To be able to eventually skill up to the RK-20 and to see and feel what that is like
- To feel wanted and have a purpose in society :laugh:
- Out of boredom
- To annoy the heck out of people on vehicle crash sessions

Well I do it just to be nice, the very small skill gain is really not worth my time but I always have time to help out a fellow entropian, well the good ones anyway ;)

Kind of dumb since you can do that without scripting or a second avatar...

Kind of dumb since you can do that without scripting or a second avatar...

But then you actually need to be at the computer..

With scripting, you could get it to do this over a full day without even being there

but what is the problem with him doing that?

epotpia has a point...... since they added the auto use and auto craft...... or atleast for his auto repairing, but if they wrote a script to have an av smash the vehicle back and worth then it a problem.

Interesting, I didn't know people were actually botting....

This is going to get out of hand and cause problems for what I want to do..... Allow me to explain, you guys all know me.

I have an mining map lets say, I know when minerals spawn, where they spawn and where my claim rods are going to be.... If I have this knowledge, I cant be banned for it as I am not acting on the information myself.

Problem comes in when I script that sequence of events. I get a free lunch so to speak but even worse is that Mindark is dragging their feet , set the example MA, do something about it.

With auto use tool and run feature, I seen no proof from a pic that it is scripting. all i can see is the use of a feature auto use tool.

Or omg all the forum trolls, ban all users that do something out of what the masses do. Everyone that profits in this game does not do what the masses do.

This is one that we know about... just think about all the botters we dont know about.

...and this is one of the reasons skill prices will not go up...

a bot that survives all the disconnects, updates etc for months? cool =)

I hope the guy did not actually die behind the keyboard...

they say that some hunterz got banned for constant botting. maybe that's not an issue any longer as the neto skill prices have dropped several times since 2007? =)

anyway, interesting...

J.

There's at least one individual using bots to spam chat channels in certain locations in game...

Then there's this thread showing that guy listed in the first post here...

and another thread recently showing someone from Entropia Marketing botting.

Does not sound good... Hopefully MA does something to fix the problems soon.... otherwise this mmo is going to get just as bad as the spammed out bot filled other mmos out there.

If anyone gets an offer to beta test a script, DO NOT DO IT. Despite what the programmer or whoever owns the script might be saying, it very likely DOES intefere with the ToU, and it might very well have something bad in it that will end up taking your login info or god knows what else.

But then you actually need to be at the computer..

With scripting, you could get it to do this over a full day without even being there

Well, you can do it for about 100 minutes without using scripting.

There's at least one individual using bots to spam chat channels in certain locations in game...

Then there's this thread showing that guy listed in the first post here...

and another thread recently showing someone from Entropia Marketing botting.

Does not sound good... Hopefully MA does something to fix the problems soon.... otherwise this mmo is going to get just as bad as the spammed out bot filled other mmos out there.

If anyone gets an offer to beta test a script, DO NOT DO IT. Despite what the programmer or whoever owns the script might be saying, it very likely DOES intefere with the ToU, and it might very well have something bad in it that will end up taking your login info or god knows what else.

Funny you mention ..:EntropiaMarketing, they are currently the society supporting ClubCalypto and we all know thats just a big scam ring. They also have a member that creates dozens of avatars everyday just to collect the maybe 2ped worth of materials you get for free from the gateway. This is not 100% confirmed yet but he makes it obvious. He stands on the dock all day and about every 10-15 minutes a new avatar comes through the TP stands in front of him for a minute then immediately logs out. Then 10 minutes later another then another and another all day long. Maybe not a fast way to make ped but the way I figure it he making about 12ped per hour like this. Hey he making more then the honest sweaters. No wonder we have almost a million register members and only about what? 25k that actually play?

You ever get sick of the low life TRASH individuals in this game and wonder why MA/FPC/SEE whoever wont do anything about any of this non-sence? Just saying that is the point where I am at. I have so many warnings from support for language, harrasment and other crap related to stopping the bullshit that goes on in this game. I always reply back to the warnings "Well if you do your fucking job I wouldnt have to" they have never responded back to any of my responses yet. Screw them, let them keep the trash and ban the good guys, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Such a great game being destroyed by hate and greed that it almost makes me sick. People do realize its just a game dont they? Why do people want to ruin it for everyone else. STOP Fucking our game up, to all the low life pieces of shit out there.

i bet most off u already seen this scripter but if u havent u can go to zychion almost any time any day and he will be there inside a ruin repairing a car that his 2nd avatar is smashing into walls by a script.
His soc kicked him out when they found out what he was upto.
Sent supportmails 5 times in 5 weeks about this but still he is there!
Time 4 the community to act, i told support i wont deposit anymore until this obvious scripter is taken care off properly and i suggest more ppl put some preasure on MA to act on this kind off behaviour.

I just noticed that same guy yesterday...Was looking for Hugh's Ticket and kept hearing this "noise"...Wondered what it was but left it, then about 2 hrs later I was back around there and heard again so decided to find out wtf it was....That's when I saw him....Landed my VTOL on him and hopped out...

Didn't think about a bot, but thought he and his pal musta really had nothing to do that day to keep doing it for so long....
Ima check auctions to see if repairing skill is being sold by that dude...Though he could easily just give to diff ava....

===========================

I have so many warnings from support for language, harrasment and other crap related to stopping the bullshit that goes on in this game.

You do? That's suprising.
Hell I've never seen ya go off on anyone.

Not that means you haven't but I've a pretty foul vocabulary and have verbally BLASTED assholes (imo. ;) ) on pub chat in front of a FULL PA several times and never received anything from MA.

Maybe MA has me confused with a bigtime depositer and let's me get away with it?

Tippin'

Last edited:

epotpia has a point...... since they added the auto use and auto craft...... or atleast for his auto repairing, but if they wrote a script to have an av smash the vehicle back and worth then it a problem.

At some points they are not scripting and are active, that is when you show up and talk to them.
But I'd say with 99% certainty that in the way they are doing this they are using a script/bot (call it whatever u like) and that is what makes this a problem!

I suggest grabbing your vehicle repair thingy and "help" him with the repairs or at least take up a position right in front of him to protect him against harmful shrapnel and such. I should think that he'd be extremely grateful for the effort and in return will take his business somewhere else.

Just an update. Red is no longer there. So maybe MA finally decided to take action?

Back