Info: Secret leaked CDF Robot Decoder to prompt questions

wizzszz

Marauder
Banned
Society
Jurai Blood
Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
An unknown calypsian computer hacker has forwarded an application to us just yesterday, according to him originating from the PDA of a high rank CDF member.

The application has been examined thoroughly, and it turned out to be a next generation robot decoder, including key breaker - an alarming find, as we are confronted with an unexpected threat from within now:
Either CDF were lying to us about their code breaking abilities, or, even worse, a high rank member of the CDF is in cahoots with our enemies!

We have reconstructed the application to make it available to every colonist, in memory of Shelly Nakajima, who risked her life time and time again to keep all of us informed about the robot menace!

Restored version of the decoder can be found here:

http://jdegre.net/pe/harbinger/decode.php

We'd like to thank jdegre for hosting the decoder, despite it's questionable origin.

amazing

I will be sure to keep my ped card safe knowing there are skilled hackers on the planet. Hopefully now we can get a upper hand on any robot communications.

IT WAS "WIZZSZZ" I TELL YOU! HE MADE THE DECODER! HE IS THE TRAITOR! :laugh:.

Anyways good job on the decorder mate ;)

I will be sure to keep my ped card safe knowing there are skilled hackers on the planet. Hopefully now we can get a upper hand on any robot communications.

If some hacker would put his target on your ped card you would know that. Just remember those days when some dushbag cracked some accounts and was running in old PA dropping weapons and armours.
And with MA's promptitude im not sure if they got back anything (im not assuming anything with this, im just saying).

+rep. Though You really deserve more.

Nice work Bro.

Sorry cant rep ya "Must spread" yadda yadaa yadda....

BTW when ya coming back in game? or are we just missing each others play times?

oh cool, well done! :D

This would be a second decrypter. Tamlin's command line version is here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ol-to-decrypt-intercepted-robot-communication

Nice work, both of ya!

It is actually the third decoder, you forgot to count the one aia made.

Not trying to compete with the others, but this one has some special features, i.e. you can copy and paste a snippet of your chat log into it, and the decoder will replace the codes with it's decoded counterparts, inline, no need to pick and format the codes somehow - the command line tool doesn't even support c&p, and in both other decoders you can only decode a single line.

The ability to decode several lines at once will come in handy when they change the key next time, easier to see which characters may match - and, if you input the entire intercepted transmission, the decoder will try to find out the key (well, the first 9 chars of it).

And, you can use it to decode stuff using a normal hyperlink, so you can use it from other forum or tool pages like entropedia.

And last but not least, i guess many people are not too keen on running an exe on their 'puter, just to decode a few lines.

BTW when ya coming back in game? or are we just missing each others play times?

Been playing odd times lately, but not only - where'd ya hide? :D

Thanks for the tool :yay:

Now let's make this thread sticky to be easier to find in the future. :yup:

Been playing odd times lately, but not only - where'd ya hide? :D

They jammed it in me soo deep this last few weeks I can no longer sit up to play..see ya after all this event bullshit stops.
Pissed me off enough I took my card off the site for at least a year maybe 2.

nice job Wizz +rep :cool:

the command line tool doesn't even support c&p
Huh? Copy and Paste are functions of the console. Have been probably since 1992 (first public release year of Windows NT 3.1).

So while technically you are correct, the command-line tool I wrote does not support any other form on input/output than stdin/stdout (as all non-interactive command-line tools), if you're using a console shell replacement for cmd.exe not supporting copy/paste/editing/<whatever> I can only present my condoleances.

That said, I think it was a good idea to do the plain-text attack for the beginning of the keyphrase against "endofline". I was thinking of doing it myself, but it was simply out of the scope for the tool.

And last but not least, i guess many people are not too keen on running an exe on their 'puter, just to decode a few lines.

So long as the source is available, so people can recompile their own exe (to make sure it's no malicious binary), I don't see a problem with it. Now running a random exe for which source code is not available on the other hand - that's something I'd too strongly advice against.

Cheers!

I may me dumb but without the key the encoders doesnt work right ?

and then if somebdoy makes the or disovers the key wont he be posting here then with all the decoded messages ?

So is there some program or method to get the key ?
*would love a thread where somebody explains how to get the key / decode maual

It is actually the third decoder, you forgot to count the one aia made.

By popular demand or something, I added a few more features to my decoder.

Not in the decoding routing itself, more added some more bells and whistles to the HTML-interface.

http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/convert/convert8.html

Note though that the window only accepts the code, so remove any "Intercept: " or other extra characters in the text. (To remove "Intercept: " you can paste it into notepad, do search & replace and paste text back in.)

Here is a sample text to try with it:
0xFE131CC68E313B5FADDB2EB55FBDED7666D
0x5480F630FFF7FCDD97CC6F94660EEDE155BB
0xCB55FBB498FFFE
0xEEA6DADB66B

To try it out, paste in the above text in the upper box.
Then check the box "Autoupdate".
Now enter the keyword, "forerunnerofthebanefulstorm" (without ´"´ of course).

Huh? Copy and Paste are functions of the console. Have been probably since 1992 (first public release year of Windows NT 3.1).

So while technically you are correct, the command-line tool I wrote does not support any other form on input/output than stdin/stdout (as all non-interactive command-line tools), if you're using a console shell replacement for cmd.exe not supporting copy/paste/editing/<whatever> I can only present my condoleances.

Well yes, Ctrl+V doesn't work, Paste does :)

That said, I think it was a good idea to do the plain-text attack for the beginning of the keyphrase against "endofline". I was thinking of doing it myself, but it was simply out of the scope for the tool.

That's why i designed it to decode several codes at once - the last line is very likely the one we're looking for.

So long as the source is available, so people can recompile their own exe (to make sure it's no malicious binary), I don't see a problem with it. Now running a random exe for which source code is not available on the other hand - that's something I'd too strongly advice against.

Cheers!

Not everyone has a compiler at hand, i'd even say most who do could write a decoder on their own - and while it is always good to have the source code of an exe, it is very likely that people do not compile it again when the exe is included.

However, i didn't try your tool, but i am sure it works fine - i didn't mean to compete with anyone, i was just a bit curious - FPC made indeed compression of the encrypted text, rendering the compression pretty much useless - and well, once i had the huffman tree set up, adding a regexp and a bit of layout... you know the result. :)

I may me dumb but without the key the encoders doesnt work right ?

I.e. the blueprint names and the weapons looted from harbinger (and their description) doesn't make use of the encryption and therefor do not need an additional key for decoding, but all the current interceptions do, yes, but the key is already known.

and then if somebdoy makes the or disovers the key wont he be posting here then with all the decoded messages ?

That is always possible, yes, but i think the intercepted messages are seen by dozends, if not hundreds of people - one of them will share them with the rest of the community and post them on one of the forums. :)

So is there some program or method to get the key ?
*would love a thread where somebody explains how to get the key / decode maual

The key is obtained by trial & error, ad that is exactly one of the things this tool addresses - the last line of each message is known, and the first nine characters of the key can be extracted by looking which key would be needed to get this message line.

From there on you can do nothing but guess, but, having 5-6 lines of code decoded at once will show you which keys won't work on first glance, so i think everyone can find out the new key within minutes now.

However, i didn't try your tool, but i am sure it works fine - i didn't mean to compete with anyone

I just wanted readers to be fully informed that the console command shell included with Windows (cmd.exe) indeed interacts with the Windows clipboard. Your comment could have been seen as suggesting it didn't, which would have been false. That was my only concern.

As for competition, it seems to be good. Not only did aia update to include the current "protocol", now you automated what people would do manually everytime (start of keyphrase from known plaintext attack).

I just wanted readers to be fully informed that the console command shell included with Windows (cmd.exe) indeed interacts with the Windows clipboard. Your comment could have been seen as suggesting it didn't, which would have been false. That was my only concern.

As for competition, it seems to be good. Not only did aia update to include the current "protocol", now you automated what people would do manually everytime (start of keyphrase from known plaintext attack).

The version I use myself is really a "console" application, written in vbscript and run using "cscript.exe". To see how it look like (well previsous version) see here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-intercepted&p=1887713&viewfull=1#post1887713 .

(For someone who wonder why I use "setkey" and "setprotocol" in the code on the webpage, well that's the reason - setkey and setprotocol "commands" in the vbscript file makes it easier to read and maintain when the key changes and agan the web version is just the wbscript with some HTML code on it to call the vbscript code, for an example with lots of text with one key see the eaerlier version https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-intercepted&p=1664277&viewfull=1#post1664277 )

Gratz wizz

gratz nice tool :D

Did i hear someone say *BUMP*?

:laugh:

Back