What's new

Security App and changing phones

Fforest

Dominant
Society
Project -X-
Travis Fforest Cutter
Hi,

Has anyone found a trouble free way to move the Authentication App from one phone to another without needing to involve the Support Desk?

Rgds

Ff

girtsn

Marauder
Society
YippikayeeMF
Girts Smilgs Niedra
if the phone is rooted (Android), the settings can be exported with a backup app like Titanium then imported on the other device
Hi,

Has anyone found a trouble free way to move the Authentication App from one phone to another without needing to involve the Support Desk?

Rgds

Ff

Edward-James

Old Alpha
Society
SHOOT ´N LOOT
Edward MrEddie James
When you have installed the app..you got also a security code...with this code on the Eu website you should be able to transfer it to a new device...

Eddie

Killahbee

Elite
Society
Silly Underground Family
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
I got a new phone like a month ago. when I signed in with my Google account it automatically downloaded and installed all the apps including pocket.
It worked right away, didn't have to do anything to activate it.

Fforest

Dominant
Society
Project -X-
Travis Fforest Cutter
Hi. Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I used a Samsung account to port apps and data from old to new phone. While it installed the app, it didn't seem to include the underlying data for Entropia Pocket.

So, I tried the MA method:
1. Logged into my account on the web using a security code from my old phone
2. Entered the de-activation code to remove 2 factor security.
3. Immediately followed the link to generate a new QR code
4. Scanned the QR code and entered the verification number and all seems ok :yay:

One thing to note. On my new phone, although the App asked for access to Storage it didn't ask for permission to the camera, so when i first tried to scan the QR code nothing happened. This was fixed by going to Apps on the phone, reviewing permissions and allowing the camera. Then worked like a charm.

Rgds

Ff

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
Hi. Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I used a Samsung account to port apps and data from old to new phone. While it installed the app, it didn't seem to include the underlying data for Entropia Pocket.

So, I tried the MA method:
1. Logged into my account on the web using a security code from my old phone
2. Entered the de-activation code to remove 2 factor security.
3. Immediately followed the link to generate a new QR code
4. Scanned the QR code and entered the verification number and all seems ok :yay:

One thing to note. On my new phone, although the App asked for access to Storage it didn't ask for permission to the camera, so when i first tried to scan the QR code nothing happened. This was fixed by going to Apps on the phone, reviewing permissions and allowing the camera. Then worked like a charm.

Rgds

Ff
Just wondering did you have a gold card before? I've always run into trouble when switching devices always had to give ID scans to support. It always goes back to me needs ng a gold card.

eragon

Alpha
COWlifornia, In your closet trying on your Undies!
Society
Natural Born Killers
orik eragon knurla
Just wondering did you have a gold card before? I've always run into trouble when switching devices always had to give ID scans to support. It always goes back to me needs ng a gold card.
Hi. I had a GC on my account... and even though they said it was not supported anymore I had to create a support case to remove it and submit personal ID info. Also that code generated when activating the 2 factor app on my phone makes switching easy. Previously I would have to remove 2 factor from my account - log in with my gold card - activate 2 factor app... Was so confusing.