Server Downtime for Release

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Today our servers will be temporarily made unavailable while we implement Entropia Universe Release 12.8. The servers will be taken down at 2012-10-09 08:00 UTC, and we estimate a downtime of at least 4 hours.

Originally Posted Here

Today our servers will be temporarily made unavailable while we implement Entropia Universe Release 12.8. The servers will be taken down at 2012-10-09 08:00 UTC, and we estimate a downtime of at least 4 hours.

Originally Posted Here

Let me just say min. 10hours

good luck... hope all goes well and hunting will be balanced...

Any chance of a breakdown of how much data we'll need per planet and for space? I'm currently on a dongle as a temporary measure while I await my home being made internet ready and as a result I have limited data to exhaust.

Thanks.

Originally Posted Here

Seriously Berta, if teh developers pulled an all-nighter, they should go home, sleep, then come back, review the stuff and then do a release tomorrow ... otherwise there will be extra weird bugs.

Any chance of a breakdown of how much data we'll need per planet and for space? I'm currently on a dongle as a temporary measure while I await my home being made internet ready and as a result I have limited data to exhaust.

Thanks.

Just a suggestion, but use the Tools button on the client loader, and deselect EVERYTHING other than the planet you're on. After the update you can then go back and add things selectively as you have the bandwidth available.

This is the ultimate curse for many australians (queenslanders not effected) we now have daylight saving time along with the northern world yet to revert back to standard time. So looks like it will be around midnight for all of us by the time servers back up , so aussies get some sleep NOW ! lol :)

Depends on if they know now what UTC is ;)

Lol.. they will get it right ..just to fuck us aussies over ..:)

7:08 Tuesday (GMT) - Time in Coordinated Universal Time

Current MA Time - Servers still up no warning yet.

All summer for the northerners and MA have had servers down 1 hour early (good for aussies) .. seems they forgot its still summer time but we will fuck the aussies over anyway. hahaha :)

Last edited:
Depends on if they know now what UTC is ;)

I'm getting confused all the time. I would have expected servers to be down now... as previous two updates where one hour too early... so my mind has just adjusted to that. :confused: Ha, it means offcourse now it will still take an hour, right? :eyecrazy:

Lol.. they will get it right ..just to fuck us aussies over ..:)

Wouldn't be the first vu where the servers were still waiting to come up when I woke up in the morning. :laugh:

Isn't it 8 utc now?? :scratch2:

4 hours! Hope they make it sooner :cool:

4 hours! Hope they make it sooner :cool:

Even if they would It may not be that sensible to bring the servers back up sooner. They said 4 hours and from a perspective of creditability they should not shorten it.

let's NERFFFFF em ALL!!!!!

Good time to make some Improvements on Loot. (REDUCE It to 20% Returns)

:yay::yay::yay:

Even if they would It may not be that sensible to bring the servers back up sooner. They said 4 hours and from a perspective of creditability they should not shorten it.

Well, I'd rather they say 4 hours, and go up after 2.. then saying 2 hours and going up after 4.. ;)

Just a suggestion, but use the Tools button on the client loader, and deselect EVERYTHING other than the planet you're on. After the update you can then go back and add things selectively as you have the bandwidth available.
Yep, will do that but I'm in space. Knowing my luck it will be expanded to a thousand times its pre-VU size. :laugh:

Yep, will do that but I'm in space. Knowing my luck it will be expanded to a thousand times its pre-VU size. :laugh:

good to see im not the only one thats slightly paranoid about things like this, last thing i did before logging off last night was get my avatar out of space :p

good to see im not the only one thats slightly paranoid about things like this, last thing i did before logging off last night was get my avatar out of space :p

No paranoia here, just a concern that I'm gonna have to pay for more data before I have proper internet.

That's ok, there's not an awful lot of objects to render out there - it's likely to be the smallest download of the lot :)
Unless ofc they put in actual proper spinning planets and moons and suns and starsystems...

oh dont get me worried!!

No space nerfs please!! (just lots of nice fixes :D )

And when I wake up... Someone will have washed my make up off :( :( Awful! Bye Bye smokey eyes and purple sparkles :grumble:

Unless ofc they put in actual proper spinning planets and moons and suns and starsystems...
That'd be ace.
It won't happen.

La Forge: Yeah, well, I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.
Scotty: How long will it really take?
La Forge: An hour!
Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?
La Forge: Well, of course I did.
Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.

:smoke:

Back