Server Downtime for Release

Maybe they've finally been jerked into action by other activites going on. If they don't want us running away virtually, they'll need to up their game somewhat.... like now?

- Mayhem Amps Are Not Longer Drop From Mayhem Strongboxes Instead You Have A Chance To Loot It's Blueprint Which You Can Craft For The Mayhem Amps .
- All Mayhem Amps Crafting Material Are Now ONLY Drop From Mayhem Instance BUT They Are Rare Drop Indeed , Good Luck .
- Adjusted Chikara Refiner Blueprint (L) Are Now Able To Obtain While You Crafting The Mayhem Amps , Is Extremely Rare Drop Too .
- We Been Receiving Some Complain About Some Players Abuse It's Eco-Ness On Mayhem Amps To Get High Loot Return , Will Correcting It On Future Update .
- Space Are Now All Non-Lootable Unless You Go To Restricted Zone Then You Will Get Kill & Looted By Another Avatar .
- Crystal Palace Cave Are Now Have Two Mode , Solo Mode And Team Mode Which Allow You To Have Some Privacy If You Prefer .
- All Space Vehicle Are Now Taking NO Damage At All While Passing Through Space Creatures With No Weapon Attached .
- Space Vehicle Are NOT Longer Allow To Change Seat While In Space With Weapon Attached .
- Due To High Demand Mayhem Token Trader Requisitions , We Are Now Fully Restore The Request , All Previous Mayhem Related Items Are Now Available Again On Mayhem Token Trader , And It Will ONLY Replenish ONCE A Year , Enjoy .
- Now The Robot Beacon Instance Key Are NOT Remove From Inventory Instead ONLY Remove It's TT Value While You Entered An Instance . And The Robot Beacon Key Must Be Fully Repair To It's Max TT Value Before Using It To Gain Access To It's Related Instance .
- All The Pets Are Now Spawnable On Others Planets Regardless What Level They Are , Except Some Exclusive Pets That Are Bound On It's Origin Planets .
- Auction Order Are Now Removed , Due To Order Abuse On Auction , Yet All Listed Auction Will Not Charge Any Auction Fee Unless It SOLD , Expired Auction Listing Are NOT Charge Any Auction Fee At All , But Initial Creating An Auction Sale Listing Will Be HOLD A Small Fee As Usual .
- From Now On All Shopkeeper Pad Are NOT Longer Allow To Put Into Apartment , Instead You Can Put Mannequin Pad .
- Due To Complaining About The Explosive Projectiles Crafting Abuse , We Are Now Set The Limit Of 100,000 Times Crafting Per Month For All Player .
- No Resource Found Are Now Remove From The Mining Finder , If You Don't Find A Resource Deed You Will Always Get 50% What You Spend Include Probes / Amp TT Value In Return Of Shrapnels .
- Now All Teleport Down To Planet From Space Station Are Now Charge A Fee Of 5 PED Instead Of 7 PED .
- Earth Shock Trooper Armor Set Are Now Available In Combat Token Trader , ONLY Allow To Obtain As A Set NOT Parts Allowed , 1 Per Avatar And Is Bound Item .
- All Range Weapon Are Now Have A Minimum Of 50% Efficiency Instead Of Under It , And Melee Weapon Are Now Have A Minimum Of 60% Efficiency Instead Of Under It .
- Currently Working On A New Space Capable Vehicle (L) , Will Be Released In Future Update Stay Tune .

* More In Future , When I Think Of Something *

Am I Reading Your Mind "MindArk" ? LOL , Well Welcome To Consider Some Of The Suggestion Above For The Next VU Of Course :)

Why do people drop extensive suggestion posts not in the suggestions folder way ahead in time of a version update, but on release day and under the announcement where only unimportant chatter is expected? No developer has time to read these today and won't find them again when they do. Use some instinct if you want to be heard ;)

Why do people drop extensive suggestion posts not in the suggestions folder way ahead in time of a version update, but on release day and under the announcement where only unimportant chatter is expected? No developer has time to read these today and won't find them again when they do. Use some instinct if you want to be heard ;)

I don't think they are actually looking for ideas from the community anyway.

Here are some of my Release Notes Wishlist Items for fun:
  • Dead Speak now has a ghost icon preceding it in chat for those who have it unlocked.
  • PED Flow Center account tabs are now removed when they are empty.
  • All items may be sold on the auction - many items weren’t permitted on auction prior to this.
  • An option has been added to view globals on all planets - to assist Entropia Life tracking.
  • "Teleport-to-Home" has been fixed to work with Land Plots.
  • "Pick up item with single click of item" has been removed from Estates.
  • All deeds now have zero weight - like ammo.
  • Added an option to lock the interface unless in "Edit Mode" so you don't accidentally drag windows around.
  • The computer's screen saver no longer activates in full-screen mode.
  • You may now PROTECT everything - pets, vehicles, blueprints, decorations, stacks, etc...
  • Shades/Sunglasses/etc... may now be worn under Ethereal Armor.
:thumbup:

All the Smog will dissapear and it will look like the Old Entropia Universe (y)
Any Space Ship Parked for more than one month becomes public transportation. (y)
Wearing a dress will be banned for all Male Avatars (Mankinis Exempt) (y)
The letters GRT&Z in any combination are automatically ignored (y)
Standing at a revive terminal for more than 10 mins gets instant log out. (y)
Any Mob Pulled from a player by a rifle puzzy pulls all the mobs. (y)
Any same First Nick and Last names not allowed for security reasons. (y)

Last edited:
I bet on a new version of the mayhem

Well the download had something on all planets it seems, so this will be interesting.

quickly, shut it down, we accidentally enabled instant withdrawals !

ohhh oooh my EP rocket amps are comin i can feel it meow

Wonder what they mended broken this VU...

Why do you reduce the loot returns each time, like 2 weeks before a version update ?

Do you save a little more than usual in anticipation in case something goes wrong with the VU ?

It's a real question I've wondering for a long time since I noticed that, but I don't really expect an answer... :rolleyes:
...this..

Why do you reduce the loot returns each time, like 2 weeks before a version update ?

Do you save a little more than usual in anticipation in case something goes wrong with the VU ?

It's a real question I've wondering for a long time since I noticed that, but I don't really expect an answer... :rolleyes:
Because they want to compensate for eventual cockups ?
I remember one VU where you logged in and there were globals for free :D
I think I had around 2k in globals within the 30 minutes until the server went into an emergency maintenence :D

On a serious note....before an event like Mayhem or migration there allways seems to be a slow down because people simply prepare there financials for the event. Or are bored and do something else after the one they just finished :D

Today's release of Entropia Universe 17.4.0 is taking longer than expected due to an unforeseen problem. We are working hard to fix the problem as soon as possible. The downtime is estimated to take another hour.

Not making it up...

You know, I reckon it could be shortened to: Today's release of A is taking B due to C. We are D. The downtime is E to take another hour.

Only thing we need filled in is the time they E - although we all know that another C can come along and change it again...

Wearing a dress will be banned for all Male Avatars(y)

why??

If any change, we should remove F and M from game altogether! Too much hassle and pricing issues.

Last edited:
Today's release of Entropia Universe 17.4.0 is taking longer than expected due to an unforeseen problem. We are working hard to fix the problem as soon as possible. The downtime is estimated to take another hour.

Not making it up...
Working myself in IT, I can really not understand it :D
Even though I am not a Trekkie, everybody knows that Scotty first estimate was allways way above what is needed and he fixed it "in time" way below his estimate.
Sometimes saying "this will take a 4 hours downtime" may sound terrible, but if one finishes in 2 hours makes you a hero. Saying "takes two hours" and ending up with 4 hours makes you incompetent.
And from my almost 40 years with computers..there is no such thing as "I have it fixed right away". If something goes too smooth, something is wrong in an area you simply have not considered.
I have never experienced that "it will take 2 hours" was fixed in that time...
hell... hardwareserver take over 10 minutes to reboot :D
And even a VM with enough ressources take at least 5 minutes to reboot (with the time implementing system updates).
Time to test that everything went fine and is according to the test servers and stays fine after a reboot..at least 2hours.
So unless MA want to become "heroes", simply mulply their estimate be 2-3x :D

Release 17.4 Secret RDI Lab o_O

index.php

Last edited:
Guess the release notes appear after downtime, because they have no idea which things that got implemented are actually going to work out on production (guess staging/testing environment is not even close to be reliable).

Guess the release notes appear after downtime, because they have no idea which things that got implemented are actually going to work out on production (guess staging/testing environment is not even close to be reliable).

:D

The Divine Intervention Chip was developed by the Research Development Institute (RDI). The chip was never intended for public release but was smuggled out of a secret RDI lab by technician Giles Bane..... so I could hazard a guess there might be some new items to obtain?

Back