Servers are Down

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Entropia Universe servers have been taken down to address issues with current Version Update. Thank you for your patience during the unexpected downtime.

Originally Posted Here

ETA? (tooshort)

I have a feeling this might take a while :eyecrazy:

Bertha,

I had a lot of claims as I was doing some mining. Does the timer keep going on these claims? Do i need to camp my computer so I can log back in and extract? I was in the middle of extracting one of the 30 ish claims I had.

Sam

By the look of things there are major issues. Did MA ever do a VU roll-back? Are they capable of doing so?

Bertha,

I had a lot of claims as I was doing some mining. Does the timer keep going on these claims? Do i need to camp my computer so I can log back in and extract? I was in the middle of extracting one of the 30 ish claims I had.

Sam

Your prolly F**ed

Bertha,

Sam

Just file a bug report via website, I guess?

Skills messed up, auction messed up, claim coords messed up... it could take a while to sort this all out :(

The Universe has collapsed on itself......

Skills messed up, auction messed up, claim coords messed up... it could take a while to sort this all out :(

Hell yeah but if the skills are doubled they can keep it that way for me plase. :yup:

and again... and again... and again.... hope i dont get stuck in space again now...

Bugs happen, but I find it really encouraging they are communicating it the way they are. It is much better than it was in the past.

There will be a rollback (I only remember 2 rollbacks in the last 5 - 6 years or so)

Its gonna take all night to fix.

I heard rumors of people selling to orders for a million %
Maybe even exploiting the skill bug.

Im off to bed.

Hell yeah but if the skills are doubled they can keep it that way for me plase. :yup:

Not everybody had double skills afaik (like me for instance...)

lol I never even saw the servers come online, on my client says for Server Status all morning:

The system is currently offine

Yes, my skills were roughly the same as before the VU, only the HP was rounded down.

same
if it were rounded up... that'd be a nice gift

but tbh I think the figures/bars in the skill list are fake. Some have huge increased skills, without having increased hp...

So we are going to have to remember every item, skill point, etc before each vu for now on lol. Everything is open game.

There will be a rollback (I only remember 2 rollbacks in the last 5 - 6 years or so)

Its gonna take all night to fix.

I heard rumors of people selling to orders for a million %
Maybe even exploiting the skill bug.

Im off to bed.

With a clusterfuck (no other description that fits for what is happening here) of this scale a roll-back seems the only way to get going. This does not look like a single stupidity but more like serious mistakes across the board.

Developers are going to need lots of time to debug, and support will have their hands full with all the support calls to trace back the peds that oozed out the wrong way.

Sleep well, I'm going to watch a movie...

With a clusterfuck (no other description that fits for what is happening here) of this scale a roll-back seems the only way to get going. This does not look like a single stupidity but more like serious mistakes across the board.

Developers are going to need lots of time to debug, and support will have their hands full with all the support calls to trace back the peds that oozed out the wrong way.

Sleep well, I'm going to watch a movie...

It depends on what happened. If it was say fields of some things not getting intialized and garbage being read from memory, then they just need to (re)fix db code and it could all be over soon. It need not really big a big bad fuckup behind the scenes despite the way it seems to have looked in game.

LOOK OUT INFORMATION BELOW IS MEANT IN A HUMOROUS WAY

We at Mintark are very sorry to inform you all, that our database crashed which held all the old skill values.
In short we can't restore your old skill values. We have decided that everybody will have level 100 in all occupations

We at Mindark are very sorry to inform you all, that our database crashed which held all the old skill values.
In short we can't restore your old skill values. We have decided that everybody will have level 100 in all occupations

Nah, you got it all wrong, they said that everyone will start over from scratch at lvl 0 :girl:

We at Mindark are very sorry to inform you all, that our database crashed which held all the old skill values.

I don't know how you spell it correctly in english, but:

isn't 'impersonating' a criminal offence?

I know this is ment to be a joke, but u may confuse some simple-minded ppl with your 'statement' :d

I don't know how you spell it correctly in english, but:

isn't 'impersonating' a criminal offence?

I know this is ment to be a joke, but u may confuse some simple-minded ppl with your 'statement' :d

Sorry, I will edit .

It depends on what happened. If it was say fields of some things not getting intialized and garbage being read from memory, then they just need to (re)fix db code and it could all be over soon. It need not really big a big bad fuckup behind the scenes despite the way it seems to have looked in game.

From countless previous releases and re-appearing bugs I get the impression that MA code is like the "butterfly in china causes hurricane in Kansas" chaos.... so you might be correct that this is root-causable to a single bug. Nevertheless, having seen more than a fair share of releases in my own professional experience (and got the scars to prove), I expect a re-roll and a shitload of overtime. The Goteborg pizzeria will have a nice boost in revenue :wtg:

/Slupor

Can someone send me an sms when EU is back up? :laugh:

Back