Shaolin wants YOU!

kygon said:
150k are NOT impossible in 1 year, 80 agility may just be a little more maybe 15months of hardcore hunting

FYI:

I'm at about 120k total skill and coming up to 70 Agility in about 12 months.

AkiranBlade said:
FYI:

I'm at about 120k total skill and coming up to 70 Agility in about 12 months.

Pretty much supporting Kygon's point then! :laugh:

dbelinfante said:
Pretty much supporting Kygon's point then! :laugh:

I don't know that I will gain 10Agility in 5 months though. However, I am a regular non-9-5 player as many are also, due to IRL paying the bills commitments.

AkiranBlade said:
I don't know that I will gain 10Agility in 5 months though. However, I am a regular non-9-5 player as many are also, due to IRL paying the bills commitments.

spend 5 months at cp and hunt 2k peds / day and you may ;)

kygon said:
spend 5 months at cp and hunt 2k peds / day and you may ;)

Yawn, been there done that, I just fed everyone else' loots up there :laugh:

Everything in life is relative to what you know !!

Now for me, members of Shaolin are part of the Elite. The ones who will be Eon'd up shooting other at the LG's. In my mind, I'll always be noob, as that will always mean I still have goals to complete, ambitions to fullfil.

If the requirements were anything less than stated in this thread, my whole outlook and aspect of Shaolin would be tarnished. For me, in my mind, Shaolin will always be out of reach. If i get 150K total skills, they'll want 200 etc, and that how I like and want it to be. Whilst I'm joe avaerage, I'll always want to better myself and improve. If I ever think of myself as part of the elite, what challenge have I got. I appreciate that if everyone had this mentality, there'd be no Elite, but maybe it's because I'm slightly pesimistic

Remember, Optimists can only be disappointed, whereas Pesimists can only be surprised !! :laugh:

CAC said:
Everything in life is relative to what you know !!

Now for me, members of Shaolin are part of the Elite. The ones who will be Eon'd up shooting other at the LG's. In my mind, I'll always be noob, as that will always mean I still have goals to complete, ambitions to fullfil.

If the requirements were anything less than stated in this thread, my whole outlook and aspect of Shaolin would be tarnished. For me, in my mind, Shaolin will always be out of reach. If i get 150K total skills, they'll want 200 etc, and that how I like and want it to be. Whilst I'm joe avaerage, I'll always want to better myself and improve. If I ever think of myself as part of the elite, what challenge have I got. I appreciate that if everyone had this mentality, there'd be no Elite, but maybe it's because I'm slightly pesimistic

Remember, Optimists can only be disappointed, whereas Pesimists can only be surprised !! :laugh:

I'm kinda with you on this, except I DO expect to be uber too one day. And Shaolin members have always made a good impression on me, so that soc is one I regard as an option for 'when I grow up', :laugh:
You see, there is a limit to how uber you can be, and if you stick to it, you can stand 'shoulder to shoulder' with the likes of Skalman and such. Some here who've been playing as long as I have or even less are getting quite close.

For me, it will take another year easily, prolly more, but that doesn't bother me at all. The road getting there is at least as much fun.

CAC said:
CAC said:
For me, in my mind, Shaolin will always be out of reach. If i get 150K total skills, they'll want 200 etc, and that how I like and want it to be. Whilst I'm joe avaerage, I'll always want to better myself and improve. If I ever think of myself as part of the elite, what challenge have I got.
dbelinfante said:
And Shaolin members have always made a good impression on me, so that soc is one I regard as an option for 'when I grow up', :laugh:
dbelinfante said:
For me, it will take another year easily, prolly more, but that doesn't bother me at all. The road getting there is at least as much fun.
As a member I am amazed about the type of perception of the Shaolin society. I feel wrongful flattered... :dunce: and in the same way surprised about the commonly felt distance to the Shaolin.

My personal feeling is not that we are all "uber". I am definitely not one. :wise: I am proud to handle some large mobs, but I see me border lines to handle the largest mobs in game, too.
More important for me is that the Shaolin are one of the socs with the best behaviour (ok, apart from some bad personal days :)) and the very good family feeling. Login in is like to come home. :girl:

These two points and to have the possibility to go for team hunts with nearly similar skills sets makes the Shaolin to the best soc in Game for me.

Gratz and thanks to Orion for all his efforts!!

Good luck on the recruiting.

I would love to join but just dont have enough skills atm :mad:

Am working on the skills real hard but quite a way to go yet awhiles ;)

Archangel said:
As a member I am amazed about the type of perception of the Shaolin society. I feel wrongful flattered... :dunce: and in the same way surprised about the commonly felt distance to the Shaolin.

My personal feeling is not that we are all "uber". I am definitely not one. :wise: I am proud to handle some large mobs, but I see me border lines to handle the largest mobs in game, too.
More important for me is that the Shaolin are one of the socs with the best behaviour (ok, apart from some bad personal days :)) and the very good family feeling. Login in is like to come home. :girl:

These two points and to have the possibility to go for team hunts with nearly similar skills sets makes the Shaolin to the best soc in Game for me.

Gratz and thanks to Orion for all his efforts!!

Arch, you'll notice how I said Elite and not Uber. If someone has mod merc or imkII, mod fap, full shadow etc (I appreciate some members of shaolin have) they are, in my opinion uber, because they have Uber items.

To be in the Elite is a different kettle of fish !!

The Elite, by definition is the best of the best, the top echelon of avatars and everyone knows buying items doesn't make you that!

Take it all as a compliment mate as thats how it's intended and you and all your soc mates should be proud of what you have.

I'm still noob... and no doubt i'll still get holes in my a$$ from your rockjackerme at the rig lol

Stryker said:
Shaolin is a great society for anyone, yet I also agree that the age stipulation is rather unfair; Im sure there are quit a few 16 year olds who act well beyond their years, while there are 45 year olds who still think they are 12 :D

Hmm, you are not saying this because you are only 20, are you? :D j/k, don't want to give the other Warants members a heart attack lol... ;)

Another good argument for a soc such as Shaolin to restrict agility, is that low agility players are very slow. Take your 46 agility on a team hunt with them, or worse a robot beacon, and see how torturous it can be(for all)

CAC said:
Take it all as a compliment mate as thats how it's intended and you and all your soc mates should be proud of what you have.
Thank you very much for your warm words and your encouragement. Hopefully it helps to attract potential candidates for joining the Shaolin! :beerchug:

Oh, the things I would give to be THERE in order to be an elgible candidate for this soc.

Sadly, only about 7 months playing and only about oh, I dunno... 68 or so agility. :(

Orion, just keep me in mind, cause at the rate I am going, I will be there next time you are recruiting though. lol

Anyway, for anyone who meets these guidelines for membership, you'd be silly not to want to be a part of this soc.

I've not yet met a single Shaolin member that hasn't impressed me as being a good person always willing to visit with others and pass on their knowledge and experience to others who are newer to the EU.

It is often with awe and admiration both that I watch this soc interact with each other in team hunts or other events, as well as how they interact with the community in general. They have earned my respect and someday I hope to be one of the few that is among them.

(Of course I do have loyalties of my own to my current soc as well. :) )

After receiving the 1st applications i would like to admit one thing.

Some of them sound very very nice and symphatic. And i so much already regret that we will probably reject most of them for not hitting the soc average of 150k skills or other damn numbers...

Clearly said: We are a Top10 soc atm and surely we would like to stay there. I think thats quite understandable and thats the only reason why we (and other Top socs aswell btw) have to make some judges on plain numbers sometimes. Please keep that in mind in case you are one of the rejected ones.

Pity, but part of the game :)

Best wishes and thx for all that nice applications, V

Last edited:
Also don't forget the 'financially independent' requirement - translates to 'rich' - 9-5'ers look elsewhere ;)

waperboy said:
Also don't forget the 'financially independent' requirement - translates to 'rich' - 9-5'ers look elsewhere ;)
Not at all, we just don't want people who can't manage their IRL finances well enough to afford to play long-term. AFAIK most of the members of Shaolin are not rich IRL and most are not rich in game. Some of the ATH's recently are bigger than my annual income...

Bump for your thread, Orion. ;)

Orion said:
thank you for your input and best wishes.

where to start....?

requirements -
i know there are literally hundreds of nice people out there. even thousands eventually. if being nice would be the only requirement then there were only 2 socs ingame: Shaolin - and the others. a rather boring idea.
so since we cannot recruit all nice players, he have to select some of them.
we have to filter. which means we have to set up some restrictions which let only a few very special people pass.
therefore we set some requirements which reflect our soc's personality in social interaction and our average in countables. when we find someone suitable and matching he might be invited. so we maintain the status quo.
but we rather increase the intensity of our search than to decrease our standard.

the requirements (especially the countables) are set with intend. so please respect them.
as an example:
80+ agility ensures us that the applicant actually knows what he does ingame, because 80+ agility require him to do it quite long now.
we are not interested in a 200 HP chipper who we have to explain simple basics like where to position in a team hunt.

Shaolin recruits to maintain a certain constancy in quality.
it is an effect chain:
- we are more family like than some other socs around.
- therefore we like our familiar privacy.
- fast member fluctuation hampers this privacy.
- so we dont need players who join one day and leave 3 months later.
- chippers are fast in and fast out.

ergo: extensive chippers dont fit to us as good as ppl who know how much work handmade skills actually are.
extensive chippers fail on the agility.
therefore 80+ agility.

we are all adults. if you are too young, you wont feel comfortable with us and we could disagree on some aspects. yet we prefer harmony.
therefore no youngsters.

what i want to say:
how hard or unjust or arrogant or whatever it may seem. we are forced to filter.
eventually you may disagree with one or another of the decisions, but we have to draw a line somewhere.

however, keep going. one day you will reach the requirement. it is all up to you how intense you try.
take therequirements as a challange, not as a duty.

you say chippers are fast in and fast out.... well its a good thing noone in shaolin chips then :D

anyway.. bumpers for yah all..

Just checking in and I love the ad Orion great job.

Like many have said we cant accept every one; we do need to have some requirements.

Just because one cant make our requirements now does not mean they cant make them at an latter time.

Joining an society like Shaolin should be considered a long term goal.

due to the immense number of applications i sadly have to report that we do not recruit anymore at the moment. we still have a number of considerable applicants in the pipeline, who will certainly be handled though, but depending on how decisions about them will turn out we will reach a number of members, which really is a limit for us. after all we are family and want to keep it this way.

thank you for your understanding.

i am proud to announce that

Buckaroo Buck Banzai
and
Madge Mags Moran

found their way into our family over the past weeks (and managed to survive my extensive recruit chats. i think it was 6 hours of interlocution at the first meeting in each case).
we will see, who else from the pipeline may be invited later.

regards,

- Orion

grats to both

Buckaroo Buck Banzai Madge Mags Moran

and Shaolin :)

i think it was 6 hours of interlocution at the first meeting in each case).
we will see, who else from the pipeline may be invited later.

Uh-oh... I think you just scared the others away... ;)

And yes, ppl... Orion is the only living person I know, who says "interlocution"... He must be ooold... :silly2:

Well, i can say Grats
Buckaroo Buck Banzai & Madge Mags Mora

-Zap

Think
Meditate
Act

I want to continue this old tradition and like to introduce some fine and selected players to the public, who are new members of Shaolin.
In order of appearance:

Welcome to Shaolin, Bogie:
shaolin_member_signatur_bogie_signatur.jpg

Welcome to Shaolin, Vana:
shaolin_member_signatur_vana_signatur.jpg

Welcome to Shaolin, Einar:
shaolin_member_signatur_einar_signatur_399144.jpg

Welcome back to Shaolin, Bibi:
shaolin_member_signatur_bibi_signatur.jpg

Welcome back to Shaolin, Damian:
shaolin_member_signatur_damian_signatur.jpg

Welcome to Shaolin, Darksky:
shaolin_member_signatur_darksky_signatur.jpg

Shaolin. We are here.

Last edited:
Yay! I got emotional reading my own welcome post, from 11 years ago. 11 years continuously Shaolin ...

Good to see you guys are around and staying strong

Reactions: Zap
ssssst i am back..

Happy to be back orion

-the1-

[whispering sound from the off:]
your homework is to get your signature up and running!

Welcome back home to Shaolin, Blondie!

shaolin_member_signatur_blondie.jpg

Think
Meditate
Act

It is nice to have you around again!
Blondie often can be found in the Feffoid wave pit near Fort Fury, reinforcing our american time zone.

Kill some Feffs, wave and say 'Hello!', when you see her!

- Orion

Last edited:
Back