Share your beacon experiences

Common sense: Old beacon was sold at high MU, which was the accepted average price that beacon hunters felt fair. Therefore, loot must be usually higher than the TT spent, could be less than TT spent+Beacon MU, but it's a nice gamble for both beacon sellers and hunters.

If current beacons give less loot than TT spent, the beacon is worthless atm. I think they would change soon in the future, so do not sell your beacons atm :D

Old beacons almost always gave back equal or more in tt than was spent in tt (yes, including ammo/weapon decay). And sometimes a LOT more. I'd come to the conclusion that beacons were a tt giveaway, on average.

So if these observations hold, the beacon loot is different than it used to be. At least for the 23 ped variety, which is what we always ran.

Don't limit that to beacons - loot is different now in hunting as well (can't say much about mining or craft but i hear the same)

If current beacons give less loot than TT spent, the beacon is worthless atm. I think they would change soon in the future, so do not sell your beacons atm :D

Surely, you meant - sell your beacons NOW while you can, cus after everybody discovers the tt profit is gone, they'll become worthless? :rolleyes:

I like how the "Breakable Glass" actually break according to where ya hit it :)

Too bad loot is so bad tho :(

Really sucks if loot is bad. I remember if we bought one 23 pedder at TT+170 till TT+180 it was usually a small gain in the past. If that changed they are kinda useless atm...

Really sucks if loot is bad. I remember if we bought one 23 pedder at TT+170 till TT+180 it was usually a small gain in the past. If that changed they are kinda useless atm...

Especially with Warlocks and Legionaires dropping the once-unique Beacon loot still roaming around 24/7.

So we tried one too loot. Was indeed very disappointing I had like <6 ped loot at 4th place or something and 6/8 boxes looted in total by team.

Atm indeed they are totally not worthy.

They looked nice with some effects I made some vids I'll try to publish. The corridors are quite narrow making it very hard to shoot bots when others are present as well. That does save yourself ammo though.

Loot definately needs improvement and for starters 5 minutes to loot boxes seems short, also coz u need to find the route still as total nib again. That will change but seriously 8 boxes ?!
We used to loot 8 boxes avg a person x 5 ppl. Some ppl had to loot 11 each.

Will edit for videos if it worked out a bit.

Barrels to shoot at:

Consumption of beacon:

The boss mob:

A Container:

Contestants:

Electric field area:

Electric mines:

Breaking glass and Laser emitter:

Laser emitter:

Killing bots:

Looking around:

Lost trying to find previous level:

Meeting bots:

Opening a container:

Running around:

Checkpoint reached:

Last edited:
So we tried one too loot was indeed very disappointing I had like <6 ped loot at 4th place or something and 6/8 boxes looted in total by team.

What size beacon did you do? (we got about 12ped each for 7/8 on a 23pedder, and 25ped each for 8/8 on a 29pedder)

I am pretty sure that your kill count has nothing to do with how much loot you get, it is evenly split by everyone.
The guys that had a kill count of 40-50 on our missions got the same amount of loot as the guys with a 1-5 kill count.

Please let me know if your team got different amounts of loot.

narfi

8 boxes? is that it?

Whats the opposite of "The Midas Touch" as MA sure seem to have it.

(or whoever the hell is responsible for beacons... i cant keep up with the musical chairs anymore)

Last edited:
8 boxes? is that it?

Yep. No tps between different levels either - Omega said it was like one long corridor with rooms.

Old beacons:
on a 23,25,29,or easy 35 you could (If running an eco team) expect the following-
10% chance- complete fubar
40% chance- amo & cost back
45% chance- amo, decay, cost and a per player profit of 10-70 ped (5 man team)
05% chance- globals= all costs paid and 200-350 profit each

That's killing everything and looting all boxes
I don't know what people were talking about losing on most missions
This is all based on 5-10 run per week for 2 years

NEW BEACONS:

Visually stunning, great set up, nice system, great new levels, tricks and traps, and still loads of fun
However; unless you actually loot one, you WILL lose ped, unless the loot is significantly increased they will become a tt+25 Ped item in auction. :(

uhhhhh
I been on beacons before this and lost alot more then TT spent this all looks normal to me...

Visuals :thumbup:
Destructable enviroment :thumbup:
Fun :thumbup:
Beacons becoming cheaper to buy :thumbup:

It goes with the new policy of making things more widely available for everybody. Maybe they will make them less rare so the change in MU due to the low loot gets balanced.

I am primarly a miner so I understand the desire of make them a sweeter find, but It is a game after all, it can`t all be for the profit.

So we tried one too loot was indeed very disappointing I had like <6 ped loot at 4th place or something and 6/8 boxes looted in total by team.

Atm indeed they are totally not worthy.

They looked nice with some effects I made some vids I'll try to publish. The corridors are quite narrow making ut very hard to shoot bots when others are present as well. That does save yourself ammo though.

Loot definately needs improvement and for starters 5 minutes to loot boxes seems short, also coz u need to find the route still as total nib again. That will change but seriously 8 boxes ?!
We used to loot 8 boxes avg a person x 5 ppl. Some ppl had to loot 11 each.

Will edit for videos if it worked out a bit.

Barrels to shoot at:

Consumption of beacon:

The boss mob:

A Container:

Thanks lucky for the videos! :)

Great to re-live the memorys and alot cheaper this way also :)
-----------------------------------
In reply to everyone elses comments

I always remembered beacons would be liker a miners HOF cause they sold for good MU
and the reason they sold for good mu is cause they on average paid that much back in return.

Inno

GloryHounds did a 35 pedder. 6 of us, and we got roughly 39 ped each without MU, a big loss on what was originally paid for the beacon, but still we had a great time.

I recommend anyone who isn't too worried about losing ped try this out, it is great fun.

MA did a good job on the system, maybe not such a good job on the loot though!

GloryHounds did a 35 pedder....

How much ammo+guns+amps did the team consume doing the mission?
(also just double checking you got 8/8 of the boxes?)

thanks for the info,

narfi

what weapons did mindark use to test these beacons for aprox. loot returs? marcos gun? the one that consumes 1 ammo and does 9000 damage per shot, wearing mod shadow that doesnt decay? using mod faps that also dont decay?

they realy need to retest these things with the average persons gear, maybe a setup similar to a player groupe that is level 35 - 55? with martial armor prehaps.

I haven't done a new beacon yet.... but from what I recall.... the Avg. Markup of the beacon equalled the average return of the beacon.. If you spent 250 PED on a beacon... you could expect an average of 250 PED return. You pissed away your ammo/decay in the name of fun and gambling (for that special *every box globaled* run).

Menace

Just finished a 29 ped'r that I got for +259 two years ago. V9 that would have been a steal and profit for sure. Total loot with mu was 163ped. This is unacceptable. Personal loss of 175 ped, total team loss over 400 not including decay.

This must be a loot programming error, Kim u need to make this right for all the beacons run today

so glad i'm not on Calypso right now. I seen this coming.

What i dont understand is why the whole game doens't play like this? Why are we paying a pretty heft premium to have the game this entertaining. I"m really dissapointed that they made these a rare premium gameplay again like it was before with the last beacons? I dont think instances and gameplay like this are this rare and as much of a premium in any other MMO.

These poor returns do not surprise me. MA is doing this to the whole game...most will see poor % returns with the rare person getting something uber to tease the rest of us.

How much ammo+guns+amps did the team consume doing the mission?
(also just double checking you got 8/8 of the boxes?)

thanks for the info,

narfi

This was an "easy" 35 pedder (level 4, I guess it's considered) and total loot was 379(including MU). All 8 boxes were looted. I did not calculate my ammo/decay on the beacon... I rarely do.

Beacon gateway was a robot ship under water in the lagoon WNW of Atlantis Archipelago TP. Took a bit of swimming about to actually find the spot we needed to enter the downed robot ship.

Once we all entered the ship, the 30 minute timer did not start until we opened the first doorway... so you have a minute to regroup, make sure everyone is there. Not sure if everyone had a countdown timer... I forgot to ask. I was the beacon holder, and I had a countdown timer on my screen.

Most of the levels were rather easy... just lots of bots, stairs, etc. Had to scout about to find those red dots when the level was just about clear. Had one or two dicey areas, loaded with legionnaires, and we were being shot down as soon as the door opened (even the guys in hermes).

Once you fully enter a level, it seems the revive is just behind that level's doorway.

Boss- Okay, so we got to the last level, legionnaires, drones, troopers, you name it, we got it. Unlike old beacons, where you could kill the other bots, regroup and create a strategy, this boss appears when the last underling is dead. And it was a mean bastard. Apparently, he didn't like being disturbed. Our boss was a big harbinger, level 57 or so, hit hard, lots of HP. All of us died multiple times on the boss, needless to say.

Once the 5 minute countdown started, we all just ran like hell. There was confusion, mayhem, all that stuff. Since we didn't have time to strategize before the boss, and we had never seen the inside of the ship before, well, we had no plan as to who was assigned to what level, etc.

Again, we did manage to get all 8 boxes, took out all the bots, and then got booted outside the wrecked ship... am pretty sure I hadn't reached the end, since I didn't see the televator looking thingy that said exit, but I ended outside with full health, instead of dead and at nearest revive as it used to be with old beacons. All of the team ended outside the ship, healthy as horses... which, was probably a good thing, since the razortooth decided to investigate what was going on while we were in the ship. :silly2:

Overall, lots of fun, and we are hoping ot recoup our losses on the freebie beacon we will be getting. :cool:

Last edited:
Overall, lots of fun, and we are hoping ot recoup our losses on the freebie beacon we will be getting. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thats what im hoping is making the loot so crap:scratch2:

If not WTF 8 boxes & crap loot way to go MA , f@%kUp the last fun thing we had to look forward to :mad:

So I've been as well to 25 pedder beacon. The system is neat. That was not any challenge for guys with apises. Mobs were dying in super fast speed. Looted 7/8 boxes. Financial result: -25 ped each (11 people in team) and thats not counting the cost of beacon itself.

Back in the day I did over 400 beacons. Mostly all 23's and 25's. They were great because even after paying for everyones gun and armor decay - about 85% of the time you would make a little ped. This was a four man team with one box runner.

Out of all the beacons we only got uber once - Tiger thighs UL which we got 4200 ped for.

Used to feel like it was a skilling deal, free skills and a little ped, but nothing big.

Doubt it will be that way again.

Just skimmed the thread so far but I must say I am dissapointed about all the bitching going on here by players. What do you all expect? Beacons to be a free giveaway?
And for the love of god. They were just implemented in any case. Give it a bit of time will you?

/Sbi

Back