Shelving Mining

PkmX

Stalker
Society
Art of Mining
PkmX
Just had a discussion about summon claims in-game earlier which led to me digging up this historical screenshot from 8 years ago which I thought I should share here :)

What do you do about a claim on a steep cliff when you have no summon claim and vehicles? Stack wally shelving and use them as stands so you can extract your claim! Always had to carry a pair of those while mining in certain areas with some 195% niksarium and 160% narcansium *cough*, new miners these days have it too easy with their shiny summon claim button! :laugh:

Just had a discussion about summon claims in-game earlier which led to me digging up this historical screenshot from 8 years ago which I thought I should share here :)

What do you do about a claim on a steep cliff when you have no summon claim and vehicles? Stack wally shelving and use them as stands so you can extract your claim! Always had to carry a pair of those while mining in certain areas with some 195% niksarium and 160% narcansium *cough*, new miners these days have it too easy with their shiny summon claim button! :laugh:

Good screenshot! It was only way to reach these claims, because all claims which you cannot reach counted as lost in old times (This was MA rule).

I remember trying to fall off the top of cliffs and trying to land on top of the claim. Sometimes you got lucky others you didn't. Sometimes you would get a single pull as you fell past it..

wash, rinse, repeat

Good screenshot! It was only way to reach these claims, because all claims which you cannot reach counted as lost in old times (This was MA rule).

True. Many claims were lost due to claim rods spawning inside trees, rocks, etc. :(

Once I had a "strange signal"...a robot ship... spawn half way up a nearby hill which was impossible to reach and as you say with no Summon Claim button I ended up Teleporting to land on top, took a few tries but I did it.
Sad we lost robot ships.

Photo of ship in Misc images.

Last edited:
Back