Akbar

Stalker
Banned
Society
ViaDolorosa
Shinkiba
shinkiba.jpg

Description :

The Shinkiba is a very bulky animal with a distinctive appearance with two huge saber-shaped tusks.
Originally a quite peaceful herbivore and a quite popular pet, it was bred into a more aggressive species for illegal pit fights.
The Shinkiba is related to the Daikiba.

Creature Type :
Ak_Ico_Animal.jpg
Animal

Damage Type : Impact 100%

Maturities

Young
Mature
Old
Provider
Guardian
Dominant
Alpha
Old Alpha
Prowler
Stalker

Curiosities

Kirakiba

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a good non taxed spawn for young-old maturity shinkiba? the one at PA became fully daik(never a problem, they are original :D), Cape corinth has almost none.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Daikiba was partially converted into the Shinkiba. It seems like such a bizarre, pointless thing to do. Do we have any information on this development?

I'm still trying to figure out why the Daikiba was partially converted into the Shinkiba. It seems like such a bizarre, pointless thing to do. Do we have any information on this development?

My speculation is when FPC or SDS was still in charge they wanted to created their own unique creatures on Calypso. Instead of the Daikiba they created the Shinkiba. A lot, perhaps even all Daikiba specific items/loot, but certainly the Daikiba skull was converted to the Shinkiba skull. (I still have Shinkiba skiulls, not any Daiki skull). But in the end SDS ceased to exist or was kicked from developing Calypso by MA. After which the Daiki came back...

My speculation is when FPC or SDS was still in charge they wanted to created their own unique creatures on Calypso. Instead of the Daikiba they created the Shinkiba. A lot, perhaps even all Daikiba specific items/loot, but certainly the Daikiba skull was converted to the Shinkiba skull. (I still have Shinkiba skiulls, not any Daiki skull). But in the end SDS ceased to exist or was kicked from developing Calypso by MA. After which the Daiki came back...

When SEE was in charge of Calypso they were to create unique mobs to Calypso... hence the Shinkiba. During this time MindArk, no longer in charge of Calypso, dubbed some mobs as "universal" Argonaut, Daikiba, Osseocollum, Ambulimax, Atrox etc... (as seen on ROCKTropia). After the "pullout" of SEE, ownership of Calypso reverted back to MindArk and they re-introduced Daikiba at that time while still retaining Shinkiba on Calypso..

~Danimal

Are there any good Shinkiba pastures for the Bronze mission? Without youngs-matures and preferably without anything above Dom-Alphas, to not waste too much ammo and time on rather useless loot-wise mobs :)

Was unpleasantly surprised that daiki don't count towards the Bronze :(

Don't know of any good spawn to exist of medium shinkiba but would say the stalkers aren't that bad...almost every one of them loots some colonizer armor and they can global often enough...

Yep, hunted them several times at OLA65 and always brought back tons of colonizer parts and chikara guns and faps, but those hardly cover the expenses.

Another unpleasant discovery: the "definitely no Young ones" words in the mission's brief are to be meant literally - killing youngs decreases the count!

Last edited:
Is there a good non taxed spawn for young-old maturity shinkiba? the one at PA became fully daik(never a problem, they are original :D), Cape corinth has almost none.
Were you able to locate a place for this yet? I located a pure Shinkiba spot along the lake to the west of Twin Peaks (non-taxed). Many Young to Old.

Were you able to locate a place for this yet? I located a pure Shinkiba spot along the lake to the west of Twin Peaks (non-taxed). Many Young to Old.

That's where I'm currently struggling to avoid youngs and matures :). We could make great team, you take those, I take bigger ones :D

Maybe someone could talk the owner of Amethera Outback Land #15 into increasing his spawn and making them old-guard.

[SUB][/SUB]
That's where I'm currently struggling to avoid youngs and matures :). We could make great team, you take those, I take bigger ones :D
Sounds good! I am hoping to finish the 10k Shinkiba Iron Challenge Mission before the Oct 9 nerf, so Youngs and Matures for me :D

[SUB][/SUB]
Sounds good! I am hoping to finish the 10k Shinkiba Iron Challenge Mission before the Oct 9 nerf, so Youngs and Matures for me :D

FL request sent. Btw, I clicked on your signature and it turned out we share a wall at the Billtons - I own 2-7B :cool:

There's a good's a good spawn of prowler to stalkers (stalker lv 16) E of wolverine hope Teleporter @ OLA65

I like these better daikibas anyday ;).

Also, know any good places for alpha and lower shinkibas??

Oh Where Oh Where has the Shinky Gone

Ok one of my fav pass times used to be doing he larger Shinks among the smaller ones east of old Corinth. With the VU this location seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know or is there another spawn planned. I know there are large shinks on one of the LA's but its just a grind tax paying fest.

Also the very large Kirakiba were only ever located in one place that i found (apart from the boss at the hold the fort wave event) and that was north of Hadeshim between the crater and the beach. it was a very small spawn maybe 2 or 3 at a time but I used to enjoy doing those (in team) I havent been able to locate since VU but they may have moved. If anyone knows where please post in this thread

shink young-alpha and a shinki wave at/near 75231/76880

Status
Back