shop directory

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
ok, I know I know, it's all been suggested before.. but may be it's been forgotten.

A shop directory: an extra tab in the auction, which lists all the items in all the shops with markup and at which shop it's available, so players can easily browse what's for sale in the shops and have a true alternative next to the auction.

Yes. This is definitely needed! It also might be nice if there the 'transport fee' was re-added to the auction for this sort of thing as a way for buyer to buy from shops they may not have the tp for yet, etc... Maybe make it a pec or two transport fee above and beyond tax cost at the shop for buying from auctioneer on the same continent as the shop, a few more for buying from shop via auctioneer where auctioneer is on another continent on same planet, and maybe more if it is possible to buy from other planets shops, etc.

Even if the option to buy from other planets is not added, at least a directory on each planet is needed.

It is something Mindark thinks is a good idea based on replies I've seen about the idea in other threads, but they don't have it a priority. I think if they want the interplanetary economy to thrive eventually, they need to make this more of a priority.

The only thing I'd like to request if they do this is that shop owner is given an option on if the item should be listed in auction or not at the time markup is set, or that there be at least a few minutes before the marked up item in shop is 'live' in the auction because it's easy to accidentally markup stuff in shop too low, causing a need to change the markup. They would have to add this to the markup system since some shops just have signs and things as furniture that have no markup - wouldn't want those listed.

It would suck if those little accidents caused the item to instantly sell at the too low price due to an accident and a lot of auction snipers.

This sort of thing would give owning estates have a real purpose, above and beyond what they already have at the moment. If Planet Partners want to do huge sell offs of stuff similar to the Medusa Head sell, Treasure Island sell off, etc. this sort of thing would make those sort of estate sales actually something worthy of some higher bidding wars, etc. That's good for Mindark. That's good for the future estate owners. That's good for the Land Deed owners.... The ability for more price comparisons would be good for buyers shopping around, etc. Win. Win. Win. Win. No idea why Mindark and Planet Partners are not making this a higher priority?

Last edited:
just a lil bump

/SIGNED.

I suggested this as well many years ago. A player shop listing was implemented very successfully by SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and was quite fun - as we could search various all player shop items for the desired goods, and then plot our multiple waypoints and then hunt these objects down across vast distances and dark and dangerous neighbourhoods, and sometimes find amazingly decorated households, guild halls, and even underground bunkers!

Please implement this, Mindark. Please, please, please!

Why MA should do this?
with auction MA make money from sold and not sold items
so why they should do it?
dc

Why MA should do this?
with auction MA make money from sold and not sold items
so why they should do it?
dc

1 because they love short term cash. They have quite a lot of empty shops in their hands, which could easily sell for 15-20k if the shops start to really compete with the auction. They could even create some more for example in fort isis, which is a copy of medusa's head.

2 it would mean less empty shops, which gives a better image to people compared to empty and closed shops.

3 more travel to shops means more oil spent in vehicles

4 happy shopowners are happy customers

5 happy players who buy at shops or auction are happy players

6 they nag less at the forum because they found the item that couldn't be found at the auction

Last edited:
1 because they love short term cash. They have quite a lot of empty shops in their hands, which could easily sell for 15-20k if the shops start to really compete with the auction. They could even create some more for example in fort isis, which is a copy of medusa's head.
Point is: how much do you gain doing this and loose in auction???? i guess MA made his calculation about.

2 it would mean less empty shops, which gives a better image to people compared to empty and closed shops.
well, about this there are tons of bugs in the game (starting fro the loot balance and finishing with taming) that should be a shame for MA. But MA has no shame.

3 more travel to shops means more oil spent in vehicles
really ?

4 happy shopowners are happy customers
MA has never show a big sensibility about this issue

5 happy players who buy at shops or auction are happy players
like above

6 they nag less at the forum because they found the item that couldn't be found at the auction
items that are not in auction are rarelly present in convenient prices in shops.

but pls don t get me wrong. i think that your suggestion is fine. I just think that the shop system in game was not created to make happy owners, influence the economy, etcetc it was just a fast way for MA to make fast cash. That is all.
In effect the 2 systems auction and shops cannot coexist. The auction is just so much supported, fast, economic etcetc by MA to allow the shops to make their business.
Like i said remember: MA make money from sold and not sold auction!!!!!!! a not sold item in a shop at the contrary doesn t make any income for MA.
I don t think we will see any change in the shop system any soon.

A bit of good news: A friend is working on a solution for this problem. Hopefully it will be up to the mark - and solve these issues.

but pls don t get me wrong. i think that your suggestion is fine. I just think that the shop system in game was not created to make happy owners, influence the economy, etcetc it was just a fast way for MA to make fast cash. That is all.
In effect the 2 systems auction and shops cannot coexist. The auction is just so much supported, fast, economic etcetc by MA to allow the shops to make their business.
Like i said remember: MA make money from sold and not sold auction!!!!!!! a not sold item in a shop at the contrary doesn t make any income for MA.
I don t think we will see any change in the shop system any soon.
ah, but in the past, unsold items in shops did used to make MA money... indirectly sort of... Rent did that back then since rent had to be paid for owner of the estate to have access (owners are no longer called owners now, just manager)...

pricecheck1_211019.jpg

MA woke up and realized that the rent was a silly thing to do so they stopped forcing it after the community asked them to.

so yes, the system was flawed, and they started to realize that and fix it a little with a quick fix (remove the rent), but there is still a lot more they can do...

MA has indicated in some forum quotes that they do realize this shop directory idea is something they need to do. Now it's just a waiting game... Will it take them 2 years or 22 years? Hopefully the former rather than the later.

Yes. This is definitely needed! It also might be nice if there the 'transport fee' was re-added to the auction for this sort of thing as a way for buyer to buy from shops they may not have the tp for yet, etc... Maybe make it a pec or two transport fee above and beyond tax cost at the shop for buying from auctioneer on the same continent as the shop, a few more for buying from shop via auctioneer where auctioneer is on another continent on same planet, and maybe more if it is possible to buy from other planets shops, etc.

No. This would make the location of shops irrelevant, destroying value of high profile mall shops as individuals could simply browse an easily accessible NPC for all shops.

If you have a shop in a bad location, it sucks to be you. Sorry. I sympathize. My shop is on an island in the middle of nowhere. But it is my shop, and how I run it attracts customers or does not.

I do not want to undermine other players asset values simply because mine is not five star. Start tweaking the value of players estates and there will be no faith in those asset values. No faith = no value, as the PED is a fiat currency based off another fiat currency. Its make believe, and only has value because we the participants believe in it.

It is unfortunate that your desire for money in your own pockets clouds your judgement here, and that you make so many requests that ignore this basic principle.

Take a few economics courses, or read a few books on economic theory at the very least. :wise:

No. This would make the location of shops irrelevant, destroying value of high profile mall shops as individuals could simply browse an easily accessible NPC for all shops.
I think you might be overestimating the 'perceived' worth of mall shops, etc.

As someone who visits, and used to visit many shops in game in both good and bad locations quite often, I can tell you many items in a lot of the mall shops sit on the shelves for months with not being purchased, just the same as happens in other locations.... and some of those items are priced much lower than the same exact item in the auctions while the items were sitting in the shops at those prices.

Part of the reason for that is that folks can just hop over to an auctioneer and buy the stuff in a few seconds and not worry about it any more since they have obtained what they wanted quickly.

All of the shops, both those is spectacular locations and those that are in the worse ones in game don't stand a chance vs the brown coats...

Start tweaking the value of players estates and there will be no faith in those asset values. No faith = no value, as the PED is a fiat currency based off another fiat currency.

It was nice the MA finally removed the monthly rent fees, but that action alone changed the 'perceived' value of all of the estates since they were all placed on more of level playing field...

Adding a shop directory would increase value on all estates, not destroy them since there would be more demand I suspect. People don't want to take the time to visits the shops since time=money, etc. It's a hassle to look for items in shops as things are now. a directory could help get rid of that hassle a little.

Mindark has tweaked the value of estates over and over and over again, almost to the point that they have no value as things are now because tomorrow they can introduce another bug and break things again in any estate... some estates that were bugged at one point in time got fixed, and then bugs come back now and then only to be fixed and then broken again later, etc. Values of estates can't stay stable in markup if nobody knows if tomorrow that particular estate will break... or get changed dramatically...

Just a few things MA has done to lower value of estates over the years...

- shops, booths, and apartments not allowing any items to be placed in them at various times in various locations since vu 10's implementation... (I think Medusa Head might be working right finally?). Some places that got fixed stopped working again a month or two after the fixes, and then started working again later, etc. Some were left broken for many months, or in some cases over a year or more, etc.

- shops, booths, and apartments not working prior to vu 10 at various times https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...opkeepers-5k&p=1514504&viewfull=1#post1514504 so it's not just the new game engine that caused the problems... it's the database itself...

- moved all estates to new locations at vu 10 by turning around the buildings backwards or rearanged the building locations vs where they were previously, etc.

- didn't sell off all estates in game that the estate broker holds prior to making new masses of estates to sell off (classic example is introduction of Medusa head, etc. while shops in some of the apartments/shops that existed back as far as 2006 or 2007 still have not been sold by the estate broker even though selling off of those pre-existing estates that was 'promised'/hinted at in a 2007 q&a, etc.)

- huge screw ups in the deer mall and all of the changes it's undergone over the years

- massive screw up in max number of items allowed in various locations

- tweaks in what parts of estates can hold items and what cannot

After all that stuff, and more, which they did to lower estate values, wouldn't it be nice if they just put in a directory to increase the value and usefulness of estates a little bit?...

Last edited:
So youre using unintentional oversights to justify an intentional action? Yeah, I dont think I have to point out why that's a big flaw in reasoning. Besides, even if I did you wouldn't get it because you simply dont want to get it. So why bother?

I'm not against Shop Directories. I am against your interpretation of what a Shop Directory is.

I think you may be reading alot into the Shop Directory concept. You seem to think that this directory will list every single item in every single shop with a price attached, and an option to buy. That's absurd, and requires a mess of coding for conditions, and makes walking into any shop obsolete. Why buy decorations? Why worry about location? Why even have an actual mall at all?

Here's how I see a Shop Directory actually working:

In front of every mall you have a "Directory" image. This may be used, in which instance a map will pop up. Shop owners will have the option to have the theme of their shop, and perhaps a short statement, included in the map.

For example: Port Atlantis Mall Floor 3 shop 2L: Bob's Healing Supplies - Lowest Prices in Town. Hedoc-20 always in stock!!!

The player is still required to walk to the shop itself, and still required to purchase within the shop. They just have a better idea of where they might want to go beforehand.

Once upon a time, only a few intrepid fools purchased stuff online - consequently, brick stores didn't suffer too much from this competition. Now, so many people shop online in such volume that once mighty chains of stores have folded and many others suffer; this was long before the current climate.

In EU, we have a parallel, where the auction is easy, we can shop around through our fl and in soc for items; where, in short, going to an actual shop is a random and depressing event ( too few active, the wrong stock etc ).

A directory is naturally a good idea that loads of players would want, no doubt. Fundamentally, shops in EU - save for a well-placed few - are hugely at a disadvantage from the alternative means to get an item. The motivation to go running around town irl looking for stuff has dropped off a great deal. In EU, it never was huge in the first place - except as a novelty or as a last resort.

I dunno, a level field via a directory would take the randomness out of trawling the tps, but it still wouldn't make it a first or even second choice means for most people to get a hold of that gun, fap, or coat. Shops in EU are just in need of a lot more help if they are to be viable for more people. Always was like that.

In effect this discussion is very interesting as well as useless.
The two systems cannot work together.
Shot down auction and shops will prosper.
Have the auction and shops are useless.

Sad but true "playing'' :headbang:

Anti-signs :(

Sorry, I love the feel of shopping at malls and finding deals you might not find in the auction. Intelligent progressing in Entropia is done by weighing time versus money. Shops can be a great options to save some money when you have a little extra time. This is my view as a non-depositer, anyhow.

Anti-signs :(

Sorry, I love the feel of shopping at malls and finding deals you might not find in the auction. Intelligent progressing in Entropia is done by weighing time versus money. Shops can be a great options to save some money when you have a little extra time. This is my view as a non-depositer, anyhow.

very good
i cannot resist: did you try www.entropiabay.com?????

Back