Suggestion: Shopkeeper Trade in program.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Allow shopkeepers to be swapped with Mindark avatar or via support ticket to allow shop, booth or apartment upgrades... so instead of 2k ped per shop upgrade of 20 item points allow avatars to swap a shopkeeper with the estate broker or via support ticket for upgrade and make this upgrade be for 30-50 item points instead of a measly 20 (maybe 40 item points per shopkeeper traded in if only one traded in, 50 per shopkeeper traded in if more than one was traded in in same deal).

The estate would then be upgraded and the traded in shopkeeper would then be auctioned by Mindark with start bid of 2k-2.3k ped and no buyout. Auction set to last one month or two weeks?

Simultaneously put a maximum number of shopkeeper limits per estate (maybe 3 - 5?) out there to keep certain individuals from buying up every shopkeeper and hoarding them as some currently do... or alternatively make it so shopkeepers only work on estates that aren't already shop points... for example only would work in an apartment house or something that isn't already a shop point instead of a mall shop etc. Maybe limit it on shops to only allowing them in 'display areas' instead of in main shop itself?

Some complain that estates take super long times to load sometimes. When a place has a lot of shopkeepers, that load time does seem to take longer... this could possibly be a 'fix' for that?

There were recently some threads about price hikes on shopkeepers. Thinking perhaps the hoarders and price manipulators may be playing a role in this?

Alternative would be to add a new option where apartment owners can buy shopkeeper (maybe a non-decaying, non-tradeable one) at a certain set price from webshop or something?... you know to encourage more folks to try to be shop dealers instead of limiting it to a few with megabucks that already are?

What would keep people from trading em in and then just buying again? Well... Mindark may have to have a think on this before trying something like this to keep that from happening.

Last edited:
Hoarders...manipulators...conspiracy theories...yes they got expensive because a lot of people opened new shops and need more space, I bought 18 of them myself and looking for a few more, people always complain about low mu, now one item gained in MU and again complains, im actually happy to see this price go up, isn't that what we all want in game? Now you just want to punish those people who bought them by not allowing them to put them in shops....look who buys those, from this what I see they are all shop owners I would be very far from calling them manipulators or hoarders.

I like the idea, but I do feel my shopkeepers bring some "life" to a dead room. It livelly ups the place. I would ofc love the idea if there were different type of shopkeepers witjh different item counts. On 20, 40, 60 item shopkeepers.

I would like to up my item count on Aakas Island Club-House shop. Its kinda rediculouslly low. Worse than Calypso LA shacks actually. I would trade a shopkeeper or two for space. I would even purchase more space with ArkCoin if its possible :)

Im good either way. Nice idea Mastermesh :)

Allow shopkeepers to be swapped with Mindark avatar or via support ticket to allow shop, booth or apartment upgrades... so instead of 2k ped per shop upgrade of 20 item points allow avatars to swap a shopkeeper with the estate broker or via support ticket for upgrade and make this upgrade be for 30-50 item points instead of a measly 20 (maybe 40 item points per shopkeeper traded in if only one traded in, 50 per shopkeeper traded in if more than one was traded in in same deal).

The estate would then be upgraded and the traded in shopkeeper would then be auctioned by Mindark with start bid of 2k-2.3k ped and no buyout. Auction set to last one month or two weeks?

Simultaneously put a maximum number of shopkeeper limits per estate (maybe 3 - 5?) out there to keep certain individuals from buying up every shopkeeper and hoarding them as some currently do... or alternatively make it so shopkeepers only work on estates that aren't already shop points... for example only would work in an apartment house or something that isn't already a shop point instead of a mall shop etc. Maybe limit it on shops to only allowing them in 'display areas' instead of in main shop itself?

Some complain that estates take super long times to load sometimes. When a place has a lot of shopkeepers, that load time does seem to take longer... this could possibly be a 'fix' for that?

There were recently some threads about price hikes on shopkeepers. Thinking perhaps the hoarders and price manipulators may be playing a role in this?

Alternative would be to add a new option where apartment owners can buy shopkeeper (maybe a non-decaying, non-tradeable one) at a certain set price from webshop or something?... you know to encourage more folks to try to be shop dealers instead of limiting it to a few with megabucks that already are?

What would keep people from trading em in and then just buying again? Well... Mindark may have to have a think on this before trying something like this to keep that from happening.

Until MA can fix the issue with shops, let's leave Shopkeepers alone.

Yeah let's push the price up more :) I have a couple sitting dust in storage

Bad deal, better pay 2k PED for a shopupgrade than trading in a shopkeeper for 3k PED to get the same.

Sorry, no thanks.
Please MA dont waste your time on that :)

Your description makes it sound as if there is a problem where there is none.

Lukasz is one of several prolific crafters who are expanding their sales operations. This is not something malicious. In fact it's a significant benefit to the community as it means that more equipment is on the market available at all times independent of the auction house.

Furthermore, this is precisely how the market is supposed to work, and is actually a sign of a flourishing economy.

The advent of the ArMatrix series weapons has resulted in a significant increase in the crafting industry independent of a few people who own unL BPs (who may go inactive for extended periods of time, depriving the market of much needed equipment).

This increase has resulted in an increase in the diversity of the crafters capable of opening up shop.

This increase has resulted in an increased demand for the ability to expand those shops, without sinking money into increasing item points in a shop which will never be recovered.

The liquidity and portability of shopkeeper pads enables a person to expand their operations without being locked into one shop, giving them more flexibility for interplanetary expansion.

These are good things, not bad. If there is any problem here perhaps it is in the drop rate of shopkeeper pads, but not in their function.

Ok... so mindark give us all 1 shopkeeper this Halloween?♤♡◇♧ :) too much, what about Christmas.... maybe a shopkeeper that looks like santa or a snowman or...?

If u make it webshop deal, maybe a bundle with x amount of crystal palace deeds... or moon deeds.

Or at least, yes, increase the drop rate....

P.s. if anyone wants to exchange my boxer pet for your shopkeeper 1 for 1 and your avatar is on rocktropia shoot a p.m.

Last edited:
Back