shops advisor NPC

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
I love shops, malls etc.
It is a great way to not having to re-list your stuff over and over again due to the 7-days max auctioning, and sell your stuff at an acceptable tax.

However, having to check every shop, apartment, and every shop in the malls, is more then enough to get epileptic, or at least dizzy for the rest of the evening.

How hard can it be to
- either make a separate NPC for shops, all around the universe
- or integrate it into the auction NPC

This does not change the functionality of the shops, however it increases its accessibility and desirability. Maybe you cannot buy it from the NPC and still have to physically go to the shop, or maybe you can have it transferred to your location at some extra fee (of which half goes to the seller!)
And the other half to hangar owners :p

We have more shop connectivity irl then in the digital world of EU...
time for updates. Not crazy new buildings that nobody uses, but bug-free functionality!

Last edited:
I love shops, malls etc.
It is a great way to not having to re-list your stuff over and over again due to the 7-days max auctioning, and sell your stuff at an acceptable tax.

However, having to check every shop, apartment, and every shop in the malls, is more then enough to get epileptic, or at least dizzy for the rest of the evening.

How hard can it be to

This does not change the functionality of the shops, however it increases its accessibility and desirability. Maybe you cannot buy it from the NPC and still have to physically go to the shop, or maybe you can have it transferred to your location at some extra fee (of which half goes to the seller!)

time for updates. Not crazy new buildings that nobody uses, but bug-free functionality!

Just spoke with a friend exactly the same thing this week.
Would be much easier and MA could charge a fee for who wants to show their shop in that NPC. Like nowdays almost every store have a website with the items for sale and you can choose to be delivered or collected...
For me sounds a good idea.

I agree, they should definitely add something like this, even if it would make owning a shopkeeper pad slightly overpowered, and maybe it could only display items, if they're worried about the market crashing from something like this

Nice idea :)
Maybe an customer service NPC at the front of each Mall and you can search for an item, it then lists the location, in that Mall only, of any that are available.
By restricting it to each Mall and priced items only, the use of the shops and shopkeeper pads remains unchanged, but the time lost searching is much reduced.
It will also reduce browsing time for those that have nausea/migraine issues if they spend more than minimal time in a Mall. It may even allow some to use them that are, in effect, currently excluded.

MA could charge a small fee for any shop owner to be listed, and would in any case gain ped just from getting player back to in game activity sooner.

Players would still need to go to each Mall and so the 'shopping experience' would not be totally removed, just improved.

I love shops, malls etc.

How hard can it be to

Discussed in 2010 and implementation for 2060 I believe :laugh::laugh::laugh:

+rep and I suggested this before. Shops have no viable in-game discovery option for their content, and especially unfair is that in a shop you can check every item's auction prices but not the other way around. Integration with the auctioneer would be the easiest and preferred solution i.m.o., just put a clickbutton for giving a landmark instead of the bidding interface. Commercial estates and shopkeepers could get a checkbox for the owner to choose whether they want its content to be publicly listed or not.

As others had said this idea (or similar ideas) have been mentioned before with a lot enthusiasm from the community, but it always seems to fall on death ears. On smaller planets shop play important part of economic structure. If run right they can be very profitable, i should know i been running a mining business for several years starting out with a booth then expanding on to small shop. I have even considered to expanding to buying another shop just for hunting loot, but running one shop is time consuming enough. On Caly its a lot more complicated at you have so many malls, shops, bank, booths etc. It just to much to run around every shop looking for certain item.

MA seems over the years to have decide to leave the main core of player investments and entrepreneurs. They seem to rather focus on getting players to focus on non-stop grinding and events. Filling loot-pool with crapnel and non-stop events. Instead of expanding on shops, stables, hangers, space etc where players want to invest and take some incentive to build a business in game. This is what brought people to the game and why people have left.

Land owners have no unique mobs, shops struggle to compete with convince of AH, Stable have little use, etc etc.

Shop Directory
shop directory

Shop directory - HEY, LUDVIG @ MINDARK, YOU CREATED THIS THREAD!, so now that you are on the 'other side' why haven't you got this thing put in game yet?!?!?

Good point, this really needs to be added already, at the very least for items if they don't want to do it with stackables, where their market could be significantly hurt from this.

It would some value to Shopkeepers and estates, but I don't think is a bad thing at all, it would also get people exploring the shops and housing areas, and would get people buying/selling a bit more as well perhaps?

Back