Question: Shops that are never open (are they willing to sell then ?)

Bearlover

Dominant
Society
Perserus
Michael Bearlover Deede
Have you ever checked out shops and found that they dont have items to sell and that they are never open ?

Over the past 12 months I have tried to keep a eye on most shops and now im wondering if any of you players in game have a shop simply for resale at a profit. Or maby you just bought the shop and havent bothered to open it up.

The auctions are not the greatest for lots of listing of shops, so the question to all is : do you know of shop owners that would like to sell ? I'm sure their are a few that might be willing to sell in this forum and save the fees in auctions. So come on list you shop in here and you never know I might just buy it or some one else might. I'm always looking for another good location :)

Hi, i have a mission.

I have some ped to spend, i got a ATH this weekend, where should i go to spend some of it.

Shops? It's nice to see items (live).

My shoping list was:
Rifle: VAT 117 or 120
Gun EP 41 or Delta + amp 104-105/Beats/cause
Armor, Jaguar (L) or Tiger or Lich
Skills courage, rifle, prospecting, etc

Nothing in my list was found in any shops for even close to market price, it was WAY above the market, Plz give me one reason why io should buy anything in a shop if i can get it sheaper in auction?

Ok, i was in Twin mall, PA mall and the other one in Amethera. i checked all floors, all shops and also shops in ametheras buildings, and i was pretty disepointed over how shop owner taking care of their buisness (but thats NOT my problem). All i can say is, shop owners maybe need to follow the market if they even want to sell something.

I saw that most of items 20 - 300% above market price, 90 % of all shops was way Over the market and therefore they will not recive 1 single PED from me. I really don't care if the shops cost PED for maintaince/rent/deed. If they want to sell to me, they need to lower their price equal or under market.
If they don't want to follow the market, all i can say good luck!!

A complete Lich armor in Twin mall for price x2 that same armor in PA mall, but Lich in PA was 100% above the median market.

Guns for TT+900 when the market tells me that i can buy that same gun at auction for TT+250 and auction has 5 of that gun atm.

I see a problems here, as clear as i saw it when the shops got introduced.
The first problem is, TRADERS or day traders, Buy something at shop cheaper than market and put it at auction, this is exact how the traders do if they find something in your shop below the market price.

So the shops need to have prices equal or above the market.

I think the solution is that MA need to connect the shopowners items to the market. exact as they did in SWG, you put a thing in a shopkeeper and select to show it avalible at the global market. If you buy something for auction at a shop you need to go there to pick it up. In this way you get benefits from, more visit your shops and maybe someone buy more from you when the are there for a pick up of their purchased item.
This way will for sure get your sells way up!!!
:yay:

The conclusion of this story is that i purchased almost all items on auction.

I will continue to look in stores for equal or even better prices, but for me because it's my PED's i will spend them where i get the best prices, atm, thats not at shops, it's at the auction!!

Oh, one more thing, when i saw TT items like Opalo for +300% or even TT BP's value 0,01 in shops for prices 300000% above market, i get realy upset. that is NOT a serious buisness for me, i will newer visit them again.
Shame to anyone that scams newbees!

Best regards
Raul Moneyman Lipshit

As a shopowner (my shop is located in PA mall, close to TP, "the good buy") i have to say it is not always the case. I believe all my stuff is at market rate (weekly MA rate or below), although i dont really have high level stuff .... currently trying to skill up in crafting, but still not quite there....

One of the reasons why you only have expensive stuff in shops is due to the effort of keeping shops well stacked, i believe. The number of items you can have per shop is limited, so if you put some items up for a good price then they go quickly, and as you cant always log on to replenish the shops, this gives the feeling sometimes of the shops being half empty (im on holiday at the moment, for example, so for one week i couldnt log on, meaning my shop is now prob half empty, or that the "bargains" have gone).

Anyway, there are some good shops out there, run by people or socs (mining socs and the like) which give really good value, you just need to find them in between all the others.... like in RL really....

I bought my CND shop now around 6 weeks ago.

Originally wanted to open it at first of december, but got several issues with it.

1.) The display area of my shop (maybe general of all shops on CND actually ?) is bugged so that I can't place armors anymore on the mannequins

2.) The RWII luring a lot of people usually playing on CND back to Calypso.

3.) After the Eomon and the RWII Event lacking hard on cash.

Hope to be able to finally open it after christmas, maybe on new years eve :)

New Oxford Large Shop (01) + 4 Shopkeepers

Hi Bearlover,

I have mine currently for sale - see below:

----------------------------------------

Selling one of the Best shops in Entropia Universe...

New Oxford (L) Shop (01).

180 items points
20ped a month rent
(Cheapest Shop rent in Entropia Universe for its size by a long way)

Shop is available without the shop keepers:
  • Shop 48K
Shop available with the Shop keepers:
  • 70K (Shop +4 Shopkeepers)
Shop Keepers - (hold 20 items each)

Please see the Shop link in my sig & the Shop directions below.

Thread link here Click

PM/post or chat in game if interested....
Mf.

Oxford_shop_map_prelim1.jpg

The auctions are not the greatest for lots of listing of shops, so the question to all is : do you know of shop owners that would like to sell ? I'm sure their are a few that might be willing to sell in this forum and save the fees in auctions. So come on list you shop in here and you never know I might just buy it or some one else might. I'm always looking for another good location :)

Hiya Beralover, and a BIG Grattz to your ATH. I have to agree with you that its most frustrating to try to find bargaindeals in the shops. However there IS actually some that offers bargains, especially on crafted guns, amps and even armour. But its a living Hell to run trough ALL the malls and shops to try to find what you want. I noticed the same "developement" in shops to as you did, with "daytraders" that seems to think its fun to try screw our asses off. Its a shame. But i guess we all have to be very careful with how we spend our peds. And what you did. Buying off the auction is still the way fastest way to find what you need, maybe not the cheapest way but not as frustrating as running around in shops for hours and hours. GL and hope you find all you need out there.

I shop in malls on a weekly basis.

This is my formula.

First off, I check out what I want to buy. Lets take my last venture. I wanted Ghost armour and a P5a. I first check the MU and then head out for a day of shopping.

I started in PA, and went from shop to shop through-out the 3 levels, and recorded where I found the top deals. While in there obviously keeping an eye out for other "great" deals on other items I might not normally buy, or for other Soc mates that I know are looking for stuff.

Then onto Twin mall, following the same formula. Ect, ect. This usually takes me about 2-3 hours in one night a week, but highly effective and well worth it.

I would say 8/10 times I find my item I am in need of under weekly MU!
:wtg:

u can visit also Excalibur society shop owned by Radiance
all items u can found here are looted or crafted by soc
u can find mostly amp for mining but weapons tools too
emerald floor 2 shop 1
prices are all day adjusted to be slightly undermarket :D

shops are only nice if u want to buy crafted (L) guns
i got a nice shop to buy my guns if my "personal"-crafter is not online.
and that shop got rates below market price... sometimes the guns are even cheaper than those i can get in pvp trade from the crafter

Keep looking around...

I know I've seen some shops in the Selling part of entropiaforum.

Also, if you find an empty shop, sometimes, but not always, you can enter the shop owner's name in to the search here on entropiaforum, and if they have an ef avatar and actually took the time to enter their in game name, you should be able to find their ef avatar pretty quickly so you can shoot them a pm and make some inquiries. I did something similar to that when I first started up my business, looking for shop owners - not because I wanted to buy their shops, but because I wanted to become their supplier of items since I was buying up, and still am buying up lots of stuff at TT prices. I usually do one of two things - I either buy at TT price and sell at TT price if someone offers me something in exchange for TT price (even if it's a little loss on my end - for instance trading oa101s for animal oils so that I can TT those animal oils in to crafters in my socieity that make the oa101s want me to pay them in oils for them, etc), or I sell at a cheap rate to shopowners (typically tt+20-25% of current market value markup to shopowners unless there's a consignment deal in place that sets up a different rate). Lately, I've been getting more in to EFD Growth Fund and STTS, so STTS takes a lot of my TT items at the moment.

Back