Should Anti-Semitism be Tolerated in Entropia?

Should racism be allowed to flourish in Entropia Universe?

• Yes, freedom of speech should reign, even racist speech.

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • No, Mindark should ban racists whereever they are found.

Votes: 42 54.5%

• Total voters
Status

humbll

Alpha
Society
Delta Force
Humbll Grasshopper Bug
Should racism of any kind be tolerated in Entropia and on Planet Calypso?

In this thread players were viewed at the rig making Anti-Semitic jokes.

Is this type of behavior being tolerated by Mindark? We shall see.

Should Mindark condone such Anti-Semitic or other racist behavior in Entropia Universe? Vote now and lets see what the population says.

Racism is not tolerated. not in EU

not in EF

not in the world tbh.. not to mention that its illegal and an lawly offence in many countries.

But its of course allowed to joke. a world without humor and beeing able to laugh about things is an black and white and grey rainy place where people go depressive.

The joke sammy said was from Jeff Dunham, so basicly banning Sammy will be the same as arresting Jeff Dunham for makin an standup comedy...

ffs people...

EDIT: Is EFD camping like this thread legal or against the rules on EF? incase its not it better fucking should be..

this thread is pretty stupid IMO :scratch2:

of course racism should NOT be tolerated, but its a GOD DAMN JOKE! get over it :rolleyes:

EDIT: Should also point out that racism is everywhere, and a little of it has to be allowed to exist, because hunting down racists everywhere is just shutting down free speech and therefore attacking the racist :silly2:

That said, I do think that everyone is a bit racist (yes, you too!)

Last edited:
There is a difference between jokes and hate. I make black jokes, but have had crushes on many black girls. I found Jehovah's Witness jokes funny when I was one. Of course it is a matter of perspective. What I can tolerate will be different from what others tolerate and there are people that are really easily offended.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnHYCbCnsf4[/YOUTUBE]

Jake Rogue gets the award for best trolling thread of the month.

This forum needs more mods.

racism sexism... is forbiden in EU

Now there is things called joke...
You can laugh about everything , but you can not do it with everyone.
If the guy made some joke with a friend, well its some dude having some fun... if that guy tend to say always bad joke about jew , every time there is jew around , i guess that antisemitism...

Finally , it seems to me , often , the "minority"... just tend to want attention , and over complain for everything...
Make a blond joke , and everyone laugh , even blond...Make Jew joke , and you are antisemit...
Maybe blond are more clever than jew , and know to laugh at a joke...

Should Mindark condone such Anti-Semitic or other racist behavior in Entropia Universe? Vote now and lets see what the population says.

Minus repping me with the word ignorance is about as ignorant as it gets! I am jewish!!

wow dude, i wish i could say all the bad thing i got in mind i want to tell you just for making a stupid thread like this one and those saying it deserve a ban wtf keep in mind there is real money involved here

Poll choices are invalid.. You are missing "Fuck you and your Troll Poll!!"

If you had that option, it would have been my choice.. :rolleyes:

Edit: Kinda figured you'd neg rep me but was kinda hoping you could do better than "lame"..

Last edited:
Minus repping me with the word ignorance is about as ignorant as it gets! I am jewish!!

If i could i would +rep you again, cant belive that someone actually -reped you(was it for your coment in the fu*ktarded "Anti-semites hold the rig" thread?)

OMG lol

there is a big differenct between jokes (rascist or not, they are still funny) and being rascist, i've been at the front of may rascist comments and i can honestly say that there is a big difference.

:scratch2:

Come on! Really no need for this poll, I have been playing EU since February 2004 and I only once saw ingame racist chat that was inappropriate, the rest were just jokes about blondes/brunettes/blacks/whites/chinese/fat/skinny/smart/stupid/*insert nationality here etc. But that's just what they are JOKES! I'm from The Netherlands and we often tell jokes about people from Belgium, and I know that people from Belgium tell jokes about us Dutchies :D That doesn't mean I don't like Belgians! In fact I have some good friends from Belgium and I consider Belgians to be very nice neighbors. It's just a bit of friendly competition i guess :)

Don't take everything too serious, it will ruin your gameplay, just enjoy playing and ignore if you don't like the joke ;) Or reply with an even better joke :D

Anyone read Salman Rushdie's new book?

Buddha's a Fat Fecker.

It was a joke hardly genocide, but just plain abuse or continued and directed disrespectful stuff would be bannable i guess.

CONTEXT!

I wouldn't call someone anti-semite or racist based on 1 line of text... if the same person is seen over and over making similar comments, that's a different story.

A while back, a certain so-called taxpayer used to harass anyone who'd listen at Fort Argus. It was a daily thing, and many must have complained, as well as learning to ignore him, and one day he was gone and that avatar has not been seen on Calypso since.

All that being said, racism should not be tolerated anywhere for any reason. In fact, the European Union and most civilized countries have laws against racism and discrimination.

Sammy should never have made that joke in public chat imo.

If you post a joke that is literally 500 years old and not very funny, you can't expect everyone to know you are joking.

Feels like most people screaming "racism" are never part of the group that is the supposed victim btw :yay:

and they probably just try to hide the fact they are racists themselves by (maybe proving to themselves) saying other ppl are ;)

QUOTE=Darkaner;2114224]Sammy should never have made that joke in public chat imo.

If you post a joke that is literally 500 years old and not very funny, you can't expect everyone to know you are joking.[/QUOTE]

:lolup: most stupid comment i've read since reading first post.
So nobody's allowed to joke unless everyone gets it?
Are blond jokes allowed?
If im racist against whites (norwegians in my case :laugh:) am i a bad person?

:locked::locked::locked:[ please

What a borring life you may have .......

No jokes

pfffffff

Try make a good joke about a dane and if it is good
i will lol my ass off

There is a huge difference between racism and jokes based on ethnicity/sex/etc.

At least, that's what some Nazi skinhead once told me.

:lolup: most stupid comment i've read since reading first post.
So nobody's allowed to joke unless everyone gets it?
Are blond jokes allowed?
If im racist against whites (norwegians in my case :laugh:) am i a bad person?

:locked::locked::locked:[ please

No one is offended by blond or norwegian jokes because you know the person telling it isn't serious.

Which one of the following have you heard of: Anti-norwegian, Anti-blond or Anti-semite?

When you grow up you might understand this.

Congrats you get the ultimate EF award!

Have this fun icon to use
whore.jpg

way to re spawn a locked thread

Not. MA should not tolerate, however...

i believe not only anti-semitism, racism in general!

:D

Should posts about anti-Semitism be tolerated in Entropia-Fourm?

Rule 3.6 ;)

Please don't be a troll and someone :locked: this thread, please

Dialing 711 :wtg:

Since the whole joke thing popped out, I could make fun of black people and laugh on their expense. Would that be cool?.. I could also draw toon of ("Prophet") 'Mouhammed' portrayed as a dog.. ya know, for the laugh of it. Would that be o.k?, sure they won't burn down half the country and threaten me and my family's life?.. Whats the difference between a Jew and a Pizza? - Pizza doesn't scream in the over :yay:.. woohoo, "hilarious".

Apparently Racism and Banalism go together hands in hands. Cut the whole joke argument out. Warn him, and tell him to keep his profile low.

I truly believe that racism has now plummeted. But we must distinguish between racism and the jokes. Racism must be fought with the union. The jokes are fought with personality.

I remember a film with Eddy Murphy, where someone said about him .. "ah .. but he's black .." .. Eddy, surprised, looks at his hands and then says, "God! Negro... wow...I am Negroo!.. God!!".

That movie, showing to us, the way that we can fight against jokes about current racism stupid ...: personality ;)

Good luck friend
:D

Racism/ Homophobia/ and Anti-Semitism in public chat should totally not be tolerated... For that matter, let's talk about the word "!!!!" as a gaming term...

This doesn't mean that anyone who ever told or laughed at an ethnic joke is a bad person or racist, and I'd hate to see MA reading PMs or soc chat to try to censor stuff...

But seriously, the place for humor like that is where the only people who can hear it are people who know that it is only a joke.

you wouldn't scream an offensive joke across a restaraunt... it's just poor taste...

what if the person hearing the joke lives in a different part of the world as you and feels genuinely threatened/ HAS actually experienced racism firsthand?

What if the person hearing it is actually a racist fuckhead who now thinks it's okay to speak rather than shooting himself in the head like he should be doing? What if, in speaking, he finds another racist fuckhead and they go breed little Hitler Youth?

Bad for the community...

Status
Back