Should enhancers be changed?

Should adding an enhancer not make the item decay faster?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Some should, some shouldn't.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Magix

Alpha
I hate enhancers, let me say that first. To me, enhancers are the worst item in the game. The reason is that the benefit comes with a price. When you amp a gun, does the gun decay faster? When you amp a finder, does the finder decay faster? Of course not. The additional cost is taken only by the item added. For a weapon amp, the higher damage is taken from the decay of the amp only, not the gun. When you lose an enhancer, you pay not only the cost of the enhancer, but also additional decay on the item.

That being said, the weapon economy enhancer is the way it should be. The only additional cost is the cost of the enhancer itself, not additional decay on the item it is added to.

Should all enhancers do this?

I don't use them very often, and definitely not while mining, but they do have their use in PvP

The wording of poll question is probably going to confuse some people, others might even be dettered from choosing an option alltogether.

Should the item decay faster when adding enhancers? would have come accross better me thinks.

The wording of poll question is probably going to confuse some people, others might even be dettered from choosing an option alltogether.

Should the item decay faster when adding enhancers? would have come accross better me thinks.

Ah, I knew I the negative was a bad idea. :( Thanks.

Back