Help: Should I enter Merry Mayhem?

Should I enter Merry Mayhem?

• Total voters

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I'm unsure if i should enter the merry mayhem. Just can't seem to make my mind up...

my ped balance has taken a nose dive recently! So if i enter it's with the intention of winning a position in the top 10.

currently my pistoleer hit profession is 54
and damage 48

I am thinking of using imp m2870 and a204 amp (however i only have one a204 so would need repairs often or use e-15amp as well or a lower amp)

Do you think i would stand a chance of being in the top ten with this set up? Should i enter?

No you stand no chance of winning.

well, the enswer ir probably no, but I'm gonna enter and I'm 20+ levels below you.

hmm maybe, your gun 'only' has 70 damage per sec. So people with HL18 (l) will outdamage you with 35%. So with that setup you would really need a miracle to win.

Ofc there are only so many big guns in the game, so availability of limited guns might drop, and only a few players will be able to use them.

I'd say not a chance for the top 3, but top 10 should be possible with some dedication

Last edited:
Sure you have a chance, the key will be finding the most mobs when everyone else is hunting them, not so much the most damage weapon, so work on your strategy and don't stress too much about the set up.

If you have enough doubt to ask, then the answer you probably know already. If it's to win a top ten place then maybe a small chance but better than many others, if it's for fun then go ahead. :)
I have little chance, but i'll shoot some all the same. :D

I think efficient use of the available 36 hours is key to success, more then a couple of % back or forth in dmg/s.

Ofc, you need to be in the high range, but the main problem will be to keep your gun fed, and not waste too much time running or reloading.

And make sure you won't get disqualified...

Why not id say, join, have fun, dont have to much hope and just do your best, next year, do better.

I think efficient use of the available 36 hours is key to success, more then a couple of % back or forth in dmg/s.

This is the key, if you really want to go for it you should have a friend that brings you ammo, can take an amp for repair or run mobs for you. Just some examples but those are the things that safe you a lot of time. And this is all about time. And ofcourse a decent dmg/sec is preferable.

Im going to enter, hunt the 36hours straith and if and i will probably not be in the top 10 , at least i hope to get some good loots to suport it, if that happen its a Win - Win get a chance to enter a nice event with a 0.0000000000000000000000000001 of be in the top 10 and get profit :)

Optimistic mode off:(

Im going to enter, hunt the 36hours straith and if and i will probably not be in the top 10 , at least i hope to get some good loots to suport it, if that happen its a Win - Win get a chance to enter a nice event with a 0.0000000000000000000000000001 of be in the top 10 and get profit :)

Optimistic mode off:(

Even if it weren't against the rules to do the full 36 hours at once, I wouldn't advise it for the obvious health reasons, and simply because you'd get sloppy with your hunting going that many hours ;)

Good luck to both of you... I know I'm not ready yet this year, but may consider it next year.

hehe my bad, i now i cant do it straith, the point is im going to make THE 36 hours lol

If you're thinking of taking the event seriously, you need to spend the 6 hours/24 hunting non-stop. This means having friends bringing you ammo, repair your stuff "on the go", and take your loot from you.

If you are dedicated, you can win; this strategy beats dmg/sec "big guns", IMO.

GL!

I calculated the cost of weapon/ammo/amp alone would be 27k ped with an apis/dante, I'd imagine it's very similar for the I2870/A204, though might be a tad more considering your skills. I'd go for it if I had 30k peds, but it's all up to you :D

No one should enter the mid-lvl. It's too hard. You can't win. Everyone stay away from my, um, I mean the agro spots during this contest that you have no chance of winning.

:D

Reactions: Ozi
Don't bother, the prize is mine :D

I stand no chance in the top category so i'll chip down and blast the med category away :laugh:

Reactions: Ozi
i would have entered if the period would be other then this ..... I hate it when MA does events when ppl are usually away on hollydays

dont know your chance to get in the top 10 but what I do know is that in addition to friends taking your loot and run to repair for you, you also need runners and taggers, so that you can shoot close to non stop all the time, dont think your setup is bad if you can get the help needed.

Just my 1/2 pec ( broke after the robot war ;) )

S V :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone with the feedback.

in talks with my society at moment to see support arrangements...will see what develops. We may have one hunter and the rest supporting him/her...

If you're thinking of taking the event seriously, you need to spend the 6 hours/24 hunting non-stop. This means having friends bringing you ammo, repair your stuff "on the go", and take your loot from you.

If you are dedicated, you can win; this strategy beats dmg/sec "big guns", IMO.

GL!

The problem is those with big guns are probably not only able to afford a good game plan but they are also probably more dedicated to doing so. If they can afford big guns I'm sure they can afford some helpers or whatever it will take to have a good showing.

Maybe next year MA can give out temporary "event guns" that everyone has to use within each class so the playing field is even.

I'm unsure if i should enter the merry mayhem. Just can't seem to make my mind up...

my ped balance has taken a nose dive recently! So if i enter it's with the intention of winning a position in the top 10.

currently my pistoleer hit profession is 54
and damage 48

I am thinking of using imp m2870 and a204 amp (however i only have one a204 so would need repairs often or use e-15amp as well or a lower amp)

Do you think i would stand a chance of being in the top ten with this set up? Should i enter?
Just go play, hunt as much and as efficiently as you know how, don't focus too much on the end goal but just have fun and loot loot loot. :D There's no way of telling how many will actually participate and with what gear, and so there's no way to say what chance anyone has.

Just play. ;)

Back