Question: Should i go with longblades or blp pistoleer?

GolluM

So, first i wanted to go the swordsman way...and now, after a while, got a few tips that i should take the blp pistoleer...

As a newbie...i don't know wich is cost effective in the long run and survival oriented

Right now my weapons are - longswords - SI Psy Sword and a Falcata
- BLP Pistol - Herman ASI-TT R

So...if i choose this path....what can lead me where :D
I heard that Swordsman in the longer run is bad because there are less high end weapons compared to BLP Pistoleer....

Melee for hp, fastest way to get HP in-game. Disadvantage = more defense costs since you need to get close to target. Your defense skills will increase faster this way though.

BLP for dps (damage per second). BLP have the best DPS, but lower ECO.

Rifles (blp) or Laser Carbines (laser) offers bigger range. Advantage = less defense costs since you can do more shots before mob reaches you. Disadvantage less defense related skills since mob will hit you less.

Laser weapons have better eco but less dps compared to BLP weapons. Also the available amps from laser gets very costly really fast. A101 (3 dmg boost) = +150 PED MU. Very eco though. If you wanna go bigger can get a104 (14 damage boost) +140 PED MU. However anything above that goes from +700 PED MU to 30k PED.

BLP amps are less eco but offers more dps, plus they are really cheap compared to laser amps. Depending on what you plan to hunt in the future you need to decide if wanna go BLP or Laser. I highly recommend that you combine blp or laser with melee. This will make your avatar more balanced, the hp boost won't hurt either.

A example how you can combine blp or laser with melee. Use rifle or laser carbine to get a few shots before the mob gets within range of melee weapon to finish it off, pistol works too.

Hope this helps you.

You will find melee to be more expensive up front because you will always be getting up close to the mob and suffering more decay. What this means is you will progress through mobs slower because you cannot leverage range to your advantage, unlike a rifle where you can hunt some mobs without them hitting you once (thus saving on repair costs). However, on the flip side of things of going melee, you will gain HP and defense skills much faster than with a ranged blp/laser weapon. This will make you stronger and you can take on bigger mobs because you will be more beefy. Melee weapons are very cheap compared to ranged weapons due to them being less popular, and people not wanting to have high repair costs. The new set of melee weapons are very eco compared to their predecessors, so the choice is not as easy as it was before.

TLDR: If you want to do more damage to mobs early, but pay more up front go melee. If you want to do less damage up front but have range and save on some repair costs, go ranged BLP/laser.

Do both! ;)

Swords are fun for reasons explained in this thread already. However, it does get old after a while of looting tons of ammo and not being able to use it right then and there as you loot it if you only do swords....

Therefore, use other stuff too. Always take at least one gun for each ammo type out there with you so you can use them for tagging and/or final kill shot that won't do overkill. Do stick with 'starter weapons' for the most part or stuff you are in sib max on as much as possible. That way you won't be using junk you have no Hit Ability on. TT ark weapons are ok on sib, but other stuff might be more eco. However, for starting out they are ok. Sounds like you are already using ok sword type weapons. if you are using opalo, you are probably ok on regular ammo loots. For explosives, even though it's not very eco at all Rocktropia's TT weapon the NGL grenade launcher can be fun from time to time. Other stuff for explosives is much more eco, but they aren't necessarily UL like it is.

Eventually, if you do stick with longblade, you'll want an archon sword. They are a little rare, but not super rare... tt+k or so ought to get you one pretty easily. However, you won't want to use it til you are skilled enough for it, which can likely take you a very long while, so that might be a long term goal instead of a short term or intermediate goal for you.

Last edited:
I'm level 63 Swordsman, and it's true, above about level 40 there are no L available, the UL are expensive, and the old UL are uneconomic and underpowered. So I also skilled BLP Pistol to level 54 so I can kill bigger mobs when I need to.
But that is several years away for you, so don't worry, just get the extra HP and Evade skills (and fun), from using melee weapons

If you want to go UL sib weaponry, then going blp is expensive.
the skill road with longblades misses a few levels, but you can easily skill up to the shagadi sword which does 66 base damage at 54 reload unamped at 2.9 eco. This weapon only costs around 1000 ped, and you can kill a lot with it. An Unlimited sib blp weapon will put you down for 5000 peds at least to get the same dps.

skill route: tt-sword, greek sword laconian, falx, labrys some L swords, philosopher sword, hero sword, archon sword, shagadi sword.

When the melee amps arrive in the coming vu's then the shagadi sword may become a real semi-uber weapon, if you can add 20 dmg through amping then its 85 damage at 54 reload at tier 0. (at tier 3 with dmg enhancers you're looking at 104 dmg/54 reload)

Last edited:
Id go blp if you can depo or work for some ped.

You only need 35k for an amp and calytrek mkII ten, fap will be cheap, you can buy some mah' khetta, and with like 10k ped as float you would be set!

This is a good setup and will last basically all your play, plus it is eco!

While most wont work for this ped ingame as it takes time and dedication, I hope you do!

Melee has an ok range of weaponry and gear is cheap. This aside you add unnecessary armor decay etc :/

Melee may be nice on a tight budget though.

:)

Thanks for all the tips till now :)

BTW...hunting some q mobs...i had a ton of laser weps drops, but nothing that used BLP...so i was starting to wonder if a laser pistoleer won;t do better...at my low level, i can change easily

SInce i like swords, i will keep it as a finisher rather than a killer

ABout donations...will put in some PED from time to time, but not drop 100$ in a second in my first year :)
Long ways to go yet little hobbits...

Back