Question: Should Launchers have misses?

ArieJVW

Old Alpha
Society
Apocalypse
Jimmy Inno Felix
I dont know bout the rest of you but when I am hunting,
alot of the time I will shoot at a mob to hit it, but then the rocket etc will go right through it and not hit, some times lag alot of the times the game glitch is the problem.
Or even when a mob is standing still then you fire a long range rocket at it and it moves.

Launchers have stuff ups all the times they should remove misses from them completely....

lets not mention the times you have to shoot ground cause mobs like hirryu you cannot hit with launcher so they take reduced damage due to non direct hit.

seems like the dmg/pec are not great on them eaither considering they if used as finisher do ALOT of over damage.

or the reduced use of them hunting in pvp zones cause you damage yourself and team mates.

and after all these problems we have to pay a % on there ammo.

I just think its stupid when you use 7000 ammo per shot and miss due to glitch lag or unnatural mob movement.... and then they give you misses when you actually hit.

Obviously MA will not want to change this as it will be taking decay/ammo burn away from them but I think its needed, when was the last time you heard someone missing a rocket or grenade thats blown up? on them

There does seem to be some odd behavior with launchers. Aside from firing at point-blank range and being told 'MISS', which seems odd, my main gripe is that occasionaly I fire and get neither a 'MISS' nor a damage report. It is as if the shot never happened.

OTOH, with careful aiming I am amazed at how often I can hit a mob at a remote range!

Of course, the other counter-intuitive behavior is to shoot into the ground beside you and *only* the mob gets damaged! You try that with a real one!

Of course, the other counter-intuitive behavior is to shoot into the ground beside you and *only* the mob gets damaged! You try that with a real one!

that's one of the first leasons to learn in a normal PVP game or atleast to shoot at the ground under the target and not at target. This was especially true in UT as people could jump over the missles or dodge sideways if you shot at them.

Removing Miss would be a balancing problem.

The Miss are there to balance out the crits.
In the end your average damage is always (max_dmg+min_dmg)/2.

My idea to solve the problem of shots in the air:

They should count the shots in the air as Miss.
To prevent abuse only count max 5 shoots

no worries, shots you miss that system dont register as a yellow line MISS are not wasted.

regardless of how often MA state there are no personal loot pool.

have faith.

that's one of the first leasons to learn in a normal PVP game or atleast to shoot at the ground under the target and not at target. This was especially true in UT as people could jump over the missles or dodge sideways if you shot at them.
Yeah this is what you have to do, but you have a set ammo of ammo burn and a set amount of decay.
My point being when you hit the ground especially on these larger mobs whit there hit boxes higher up your damage is reduced quite significantly! So aim at them and have rockets pass through or aim at feet and your dmg per pec is reduced... And MA has said its about eco
no worries, shots you miss that system dont register as a yellow line MISS are not wasted.

regardless of how often MA state there are no personal loot pool.

have faith.

What do you mean? These shots still cost me 0.7 peds + decay and 3 or more seconds of mob regen on the high regen mobs

It is very annoying to fire a rocket and get no result, regardless of the cost or lack of cost. Things should work correctly, yes?
And while we are at it: Hey MA! Where's our rocket guidance enhancers? The ones that make a rocket track a moving target. After all, we had this capability on Earth 5000 years before we went to Calypso.

I love when I shoot a rocket at a Leviathan, and it passes right through without hitting :laugh:

Either I'm a terrible shot or MA needs to take a look at rockets vs. hit boxes.

Back