Should MA switch back?

I demand they switch back the look of my zero legend suit so it doesn't look like it came from the 70's, and it makes my butt look big.

In all seriousness though, I can understand where some people are coming from on both sides of the fence on this argument. Being someone that hates change in every form it was a lot for me to adjust to all the new features, styles, and everything in between.

My only complaint really is the hunting changes. The regen and addition to mob HP really killed my style of hunting. I suppose with all the L guns that felt like a good option for MA. However, not everyone wants to use L guns. I'm quite content not being 100% efficient with my Mk5 and urban. In fact anyone who knows me well knows that the mk5 is my baby and I've had it for probably 7 years now. As an example, mk5 was a great combination of speed and damage at CP, now it's utterly useless. There are many more mobs that I can no longer hunt efficiently but that is the first one I encountered post VU.

Now on the other side, limited guns are great for people who don't want to, or are unable to make a bigger investment and perhaps only want to use a big gun when they want to hunt a certain thing. I get that spending 200 ped is easier than making an investment of 20k ped, as an example for one of the DOA series guns. But to me, that's what made PE exciting. Having to team up with your friends to take down that bigger mob made things very enjoyable, now people rarely hunt together, there is much more solo mentality now that just about everyone can do everything with a few hundred dollars.

However, now it feels like I'm being forced into using L guns. I understand the need, it was a good way to attract more players, but in the process they've screwed every low-mid level hunter along the way. Sure if you had a mod merc, imp/mod fap the change was great, the prices hit the roof. There needs to be some sort of balance between L guns and UL guns, it feels like everyone with a medium range UL gun got the short end of the stick, and then MA proceeded to jab it into our eyes. The reason why I say forced, is because we now have zero incentive to use an UL gun, unless you are using the highest level of guns and also have maxed out skills with 10/10 on HA. (or somewhere close to)

My feeling is they just shoved too much in, too fast. For instance people who bought armor or weapons, or heal kits at 2x the price they are now, and only a year later the prices are cut in half because of everything they've implemented. I really feel for those people who thought they were making a good investment.

I feel they just need to find the perfect balance again. In my opinion a good start would be to adjust weapons so that at a certain point, you can max out an UL gun. Perhaps make it somewhat higher than the L counterpart, but make the goal attainable for the average player. You could still have the UL guns always achieve the max damage at any given level, without the SIB, but let people max the HA/CA at a level in comparison to the level of the gun. For example, why does it make sense to max a Jester D-1 at the same time you max an imk2. Give people the "option" to use L guns, don't force them into it. That's just one example of a change that would not hurt anyone at all.

I wont nitpick at the smaller things, everyone else has already covered them numerous times in this thread. I'm also not complaining about all the changes, at least in one aspect of my life I've learned to grow and adapt to change and enjoy it to the best of my ability. There are clear advantages and disadvantages to everything they've done over the years, some that take a larger toll on players than others. Lose 500 gain 1000 sounds good on paper, however if those 500 were more loyal to the state of the game than the 1000 who came to see new shiny things, you may just end up losing all 1500 after a few months. I've been torn on this subject for a long time, and they need to address it soon as I can see the frustration throughout the community.

Hi,

The best information we have is the annual reports from MA and looking at the in game sales, it will give a clear "hint" about how much the number of players have decreased/increased.
Now it becomes complicated. Just I have linked this thread in another thread, now I should link back ...

Anyways, may I kindly ask you to read this? A very short excerpt from the important:
[...] For me it's obvious that we have just a fraction of the population now compared to the times of the early 8.* VUs, just judging the amount of street trade. And this heavily hits the in game economy.

It has become kind of "insider trading" meanwhile. A few big, old, established players are creating gigantic turnovers, but mostly trade among each other. Uber hunter sells his oils to uber crafter, as does Uber miner with his ore, and both then buy uber amps & gear from uber crafter.

"Joe 'Average' Player" doesn't find a place in this circle. He just cannot hunt/ mine enough to get the amounts of loot needed by the big crafters, the stuff he's able to craft is crafted by many others like him, and the auction fees are prohibitive for the amounts of low TT loot he gets. [...]

Means: The economy has shifted, IMHO. Instead of many ppl trading all over the place, the few that can afford 100's of Ped for a single hunt/ mining run now get immense amounts of loot at a lucky strike. A single small Proteron global can yield more muscle oil then I ever could loot in days.
For sure the Proteron hunter (or the big Amp Foma miner) is a ways better trading partner for a high end crafter then me - he can sell the wast amounts of stuff the crafter needs, and he has need for the high end stuff the crafter makes.

2 separate economies meanwhile, my opinion. One driven by few high profile players, flourishing, the other declining and killing the forthcoming players.

The overall numbers don't tell us about this. The number of street traders does, IMHO.

Again, my opinion. No hard proof.

Would be interesting to hear from a Uber crafter where he gets his materials? Or from a Uber hunter/ miner to whom he sells?

Anyway, have a good time!

MA finally addresses the old LAG problem and all anyone can do is complain ;)

Lag is fixed? I played last night, first time in months, and had plenty of lag. :scratch2:

There are also far smaller percentage of people using street traders, and instead an increasing percentage of people who gather reasonably sized stacks and selling these via auction or selling to auction orders for fast cash. And increasingly running into traders who offer to pay worse than what I would get from selling to auction orders (and after taking out auction fee), I'm not wondering about this.

Street trading is not dead because there are not any people, its dead because traders killed it.

There are also far smaller percentage of people using street traders, and instead an increasing percentage of people who gather reasonably sized stacks and selling these via auction or selling to auction orders for fast cash. And increasingly running into traders who offer to pay worse than what I would get from selling to auction orders (and after taking out auction fee), I'm not wondering about this.

Street trading is not dead because there are not any people, its dead because traders killed it.

I'm trying to think back to what the traders popularly traded in, fruit, hair gel, foul bones, molisk teeth, the markup has totally crashed on all of those (there is no need of fruit until taming returns) - even pixie is very hard to loot now (1 pixie shin per 500-1000 shinkiba I think I looted recently as an example)

Add also to the redesign of Port Atlantis (Hadesheim 2) which no longer resembles the market square of Olde Port Atlantis - see pics above.

Add the death of Swamp Camp (its there, but the sweaters have moved far away to Limnadian)

So although street trading is dead (in PA - it still goes on at Twin Peaks as it always did) I still think the Entropia economy is pretty healthy. If just the improvements from the 7 months of this year were removed there would be riots, let alone the 23 months from VU 10.0

Let's see what the mentoring redesign, taming (need for newbies to go fruit picking again) and beacon return will do.

Back