Question: Should MindArk bring back the Cyrene Armors?

Should MindArk bring back the Cyrene Armors?

• Yes - Rebalance and bring back all those armor upgrades

• Yes - You have to bring them back or it's not fair to all who grinded for mats already!

• No - It wouldn't be fair since people got them way cheaper before

• No - It's all messed up now, can't bring them back

Results are only viewable after voting.

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
I understand that there is already a thread here with a lot of discussion on this topic but I was hoping to get more clarity through a poll such as this one. I'm beginning to think that maybe the reason MindArk is unable to make a decision as to whether they should bring those Armors back to Cyrene or not is probably because they don't want to make the wrong move, i.e. do something that the community disagrees with.

I can see that this is quite a dilemma, on the one side, if you cancel the whole thing and discontinue those armors, you will upset all the people that went to Cyrene and started gathering the materials to try and get those armors. But if you bring them back, you risk an uproar in the community when they see the new 'price' and everyone cries out that it's unfair that all those people were able to get those armors much cheaper initially. So what to do? Hence this poll.

Although there are 4 possible answers in this poll, all I'm trying to find out is whether the majority feels the Armors should be brought back or not. So the possible answers are as follows:

1. Yes - Rebalance and bring back all those armor upgrades
In other words, once MindArk has 'rebalanced' the costs for each armor upgrade, they should bring them back so that everyone that wanted to get them can still do so. The community will understand and forgive.

2. Yes - You have to bring them back or it's not fair to all who grinded for mats already!
Too many people had already begun gathering the materials and it wouldn't be fair to them if you didn't bring back those armors, you have to.

3. No - It wouldn't be fair since people got them way cheaper before
You can't bring back the armors at a different 'price' it wouldn't be fair because lots of armors have already entered the market at a much lower price.

4. No - It's all messed up now, can't bring them back
MindArk screwed up. Just cancel the whole thing and forget it, better to walk away now before this situation gets any worse.

If, after reading this you have changed your mind, you can change your vote.

Thanks for voting,
Legends

At this point MA need to show integrity, going back on their announcement and apparent plans would undermine that.

I hope that they focus their efforts on righting the wrong and do what ever they can to improve the moral of the player base.

These poll options leave out considerable number of people who want existing armors removed. (They haven't yet begun advocating banning some random people to make the 'community' feel better but that probably won't take long.)

Moi, I prefer 1, with an added note that 'rebalancing' should include competing missions/systems on other planet(s) so that servers don't get broken.

Modified Imperium is arguably the best armor for competing in Mayhem events, with the right equipment combinations. Several (M) sets were been created, but no (F) were created. This means that (M) avatars now have an inherent advantage in Mayhem above (F) avatars.
I would like to see at least a balance of (M) to (F) armors, comparable to the (M) to (F) avatar ratio.

I know they arent fastest nor brightest. But MA had 2 months to balance and reintroduce that mission chain. Feels like they arent even trying anymore.

Instead we got the silent treatment for that period, maybe they were busy activating that copy&paste mayhem event.

Modified Imperium is arguably the best armor for competing in Mayhem events, with the right equipment combinations. Several (M) sets were been created, but no (F) were created. This means that (M) avatars now have an inherent advantage in Mayhem above (F) avatars.
I would like to see at least a balance of (M) to (F) armors, comparable to the (M) to (F) avatar ratio.
Maybe its time to scrap this system with fixed F and M armor, and let people chose what they need.
Ofc not for free but not at a pathetic high price either.
There will be all kind of reactions but after a year non will put much energy in to it anymore when people have got used to it.

MA should not listen to the advice of interested players. Some are interested because they started doing the quest. Others are interested in the opposite, because they themselves are not going to do it and they hate it, they envy active players who are trying to execute such quests.
But MA must be fair.
The poll is generally incorrect. Because the quest cannot be canceled, at least not the way it is done.
If they decided to cancel the quest, then the players should have been warned, there should have been some kind of transition period, some kind of published cancellation dates. So that players can make a decision.

As screwed up as this now is, nothing is likely to be a great solution. My solution goes as follows: reduce all armours held by whoever back to component mats, then attach mob counter missions to various stages and reenable the loots required too, balanced at not quite getting enough mats off the required number of mobs on average. This way, anyone already with the mats will need to do the mobs like anyone else, BUT will have approx. 2x what is required at the end of it and can sell the mats on the market to others who have completed the mobs too but still need a certain amount of mats. It could also be worthwhile to consider whether the missions should be one-time only, or repeatable.

This means the early ones still have some advantage, but others can also get at the armour. The gap between the two 'sides' is narrowed.

Maybe loot qualities (cost to kill?) would play a role too, but that is something for MA to decide.

index.php

So at 30 votes so far we have these results:

~77% say: Yes bring back the Cyrene armors
~23% say: No don't bring them back

Please vote in this poll if you haven't already.

Cheers,
Legends

Remember what happened to the original stolen imperium armor (it was even called something else that I forgot). NPC was active for 2 days I believe before it got disabled. It could be traded for 250 ped of shrapnel, provided you had enough a.r.c badges to talk to npc I think and you could buy more than one of them but they were not tradeable. I was one of the lucky ones who got his hands on one of them.

Also with improved imperium armor you could give your old stolen imperium armor + mats for the improved one.

I quite quickly realized that (on second day) of the armor upgrade release VU. That these armors would be too easy to get and that they would be removed pretty fast because they are too good. So I overpaid mats at the time in order to get the improved imperium (got discovery) and mod imperium armor. It was a gut instinct plus from years of experience seeing how MA deal with these types of things.

It took over 5 years for them to add the upgrade mission to stolen imperium armor. So I'd say don't hold your breath about any worthwhile resolution coming this year. At best they'll add new mission like they said but it won't be a guarantee that it will be same armors with the same stats as before, until they confirm otherwise.

Like paper hands above said. You're in denial.

This thread is what we call the Denial stage in the 5 stages of grief. You restarted the cycle.

For me it's not about the armors or missions themselves, I'm not holding onto any materials, I didn't even go to Cyrene when it happened... I just want MindArk to be better and to do better for it's loyal players.

I could sit back and say nothing, probably should, after all I do have a couple sets of Improved Imperium and a set of Paneleon Spec I bought for less than what they are going for now, but I think that would be a disservice to the rest of the community. I'm not here just thinking about myself, I'm here thinking about the big picture and the long-term; what's best for everyone.

I think MindArk needs to learn to listen to their community if there's any hope for Entropia to continue to get better for everyone and that's what this is about.

I'm not saying that MA never listens, I actually made a list mostly for the fun of it, of all the things MA did over the last few years which were changes or features that had been repeatedly requested from the community and found the list to be quite insightful:

- Making Viceroy armor tt'able
- Protect items so they cannot be TT'ed by mistake
- Compet Deeds buy-back
- Naming rights on Shared mobs killed solo
- Waypoint for Death location
- Non-PvP space around Ark Moon
- Eliminating Planet entry fee
- Making Mayhem Event accessible from other planets
- Customizing/naming waypoints
- Removed Quad-wing speed exploit in space
- Sharing of creature kill points in team hunts (introduced with Codex)
- Drag and drop enhancers
- Loot sharing no longer based on damage dealt (exploitable using pill buffs)
- Making it possible to stack limited blueprints together
- Adding loot to creatures killed by turrets
- Adding less-than-one-pec returns to crafting of 1 pec crafts
- Enabling sell orders for AG shares despite initial offering not sold out yet
- Added Attribute rewards to Codex
... etc

So actually MindArk does listen, there's the proof. But on certain things I find that they often seem to think that they 'know better', when in fact, they don't really.

The purpose of the poll is to show MA what the community actually thinks about this, and what they really want.

If you want to accuse me of something, you could accuse me of being too optimistic or hopeful that MA will do right by their community of players, and that might be true, perhaps you would be right. But I don't think I'm in 'denial' as you say or the 5 stages of grief (grieving what? :scratch2:). I have been around long enough to know what to expect of MindArk, and I don't really expect anything really from this poll except to maybe help open some eyes as to how the majority of people actually feel about this.

And what's wrong with demanding that someone be better and do better? Are you saying I should just shut the hell up and do like you and just lie down and be defeated and not demand anything to be right in the world? Sorry, no can do. Everywhere I go and everyone I meet I expect to listen and do the right thing not just for themselves but for everyone that their decisions will affect.

You on the other hand are defeated already, you have given up, you are in apathy and have become cynical about it all. How is that going to help anything? It won't.

You actually haven't contributed anything to this, you haven't voiced your actual opinion, haven't even voted in this poll. Instead you go insult or make fun of those that are still trying to do something about it. Why is that? :scratch2:

Please, if you don't want to vote, that's fine, you don't have to (same goes for you too Sub-Zero), but at least have some respect for those of us that are trying to help MA see the light so that they might actually find it within themselves to do the right thing for it's loyal community of players.

Legends

index.php

Last edited:
I will reply to your wall of text. Won't be another.

For me it's not about the armors or missions themselves, I'm not holding onto any materials, I didn't even go to Cyrene when it happened... I just want MindArk to be better and to do better for it's loyal players.

I think MindArk needs to learn to listen to their community if there's any hope for Entropia to continue to get better for everyone and that's what this is about.

You are pissing in the wind. This entire forum is full of people trying to get Mindark to see the light, listen, to give a shit - it's marginal at best. Their response to fixing support was to cancel all old support cases and say it was to better their side and yet nothing improved or changed.

I'm not saying that MA never listens, I actually made a list mostly for the fun of it, of all the things MA did over the last few years which were changes or features that had been repeatedly requested from the community and found the list to be quite insightful:

Many of which took years. They already said they will do something with these materials. Took Cyrene 5 years to do something with the Stolen armor only to botch it. Rather than bark at Mindark, maybe look at behavioral patterns?

You on the other hand are defeated already, you have given up, you are in apathy and have become cynical about it all. How is that going to help anything? It won't.

Being wise and realizing what was going to happen before it happen and being aware of surroundings is not being cynical. I am not defeated. I am not in your war. You will not win a "battle" against a company with a historically AWFUL PR and support track record that has very little care to fix it. Yes, there are "small" changes. They are changes you would get in a company that is really a hobby, not a significant one pulling $150,000-$200,000 a week in revenue at a minimum, by my estimations (in a previous thread).

You actually haven't contributed anything to this, you haven't voiced your actual opinion, haven't even voted in this poll. Instead you go insult or make fun of those that are still trying to do something about it. Why is that? :scratch2:

I have said all I needed to say in relevant channels - not in this forum that is not relevant to the planet partner it effects. This thread is one month too late.

I will leave you with this: A young man greets an old lady at the corner of an intersection and helps her across the street. When they get across the street, the old lady takes her purse and beats him with it. Why? Because she didn't want to go across the street. Lesson: You can't help people who do not want to be helped (e.g. you can't help a company that doesn't want to help itself).

These are the words of the start of that version update:

A long time coming, it appears that A.R.C. Scientists have finally been able to crack the code of how the Stolen Imperium Armor works, allowing players to turn in items to not only improve upon this iconic armor set, but allow players who didn’t have the opportunity to start this upgrade mission.

----
Basically its saying that anyone who already has a stolen imperium armor can turn in items to improve the iconic armor set, and also players who didnt have the opportunity, can start the upgrade mission.

And this is the reaction from Mindark:
Due to a configuration issue, it was possible to complete the Imperium
Armor upgrade missions much more easily than intended, which resulted
in vastly more sets of upgraded armor sets being acquired than
warranted.

Unfortunately, this situation requires that these missions be disabled
until they can be removed in an upcoming Version Update.

-----
So on the one hand you have Cyrene Kris telling us, every owner of stolen imperium can turn in their non tradeable armor + items for improved armor And new players get a chance to get the armor too.

And on the other hand Mindark states that vastly more sets were being acquired. As can be read on Cyreneforum, Kris has been taken off the forum and there now is a guy called Alexandar (who also made Mindarks statement). Kris has been sidetracked.

There are a lot of players who still have their unimproved stolen imperium set. Since the system works that you turn in your untradable stolen imperium only the player who owns the set, can change his armor into improved armor.
Mindark claiming that there are vastly more sets of upgraded armor is a false statement if the original idea was that players could turn in their stolen imperium.
I don't believe there are many sets of improved/mod imperium armor that came from doing the entire chain of getting paneleon, paneleon, spec, adjusted imperium and then improved imperium, most of the sets came from the stolen imperium turn in way.

Also it can simply be witnessed ingame, that there are still way more stolen imperium owners than there are improved/mod imperium owners. I have seen maybe 10-15 different players total with improved imperium and around 3-5 with mod imperium. I see stolen imperium everywhere.

I will reply to your wall of text. Won't be another.

You are pissing in the wind. This entire forum is full of people trying to get Mindark to see the light, listen, to give a shit - it's marginal at best. Their response to fixing support was to cancel all old support cases and say it was to better their side and yet nothing improved or changed.

Many of which took years. They already said they will do something with these materials. Took Cyrene 5 years to do something with the Stolen armor only to botch it. Rather than bark at Mindark, maybe look at behavioral patterns?

Being wise and realizing what was going to happen before it happen and being aware of surroundings is not being cynical. I am not defeated. I am not in your war. You will not win a "battle" against a company with a historically AWFUL PR and support track record that has very little care to fix it. Yes, there are "small" changes. They are changes you would get in a company that is really a hobby, not a significant one pulling $150,000-$200,000 a week in revenue at a minimum, by my estimations (in a previous thread).

I have said all I needed to say in relevant channels - not in this forum that is not relevant to the planet partner it effects. This thread is one month too late.

I will leave you with this: A young man greets an old lady at the corner of an intersection and helps her across the street. When they get across the street, the old lady takes her purse and beats him with it. Why? Because she didn't want to go across the street. Lesson: You can't help people who do not want to be helped (e.g. you can't help a company that doesn't want to help itself).

Yep that's fine, I don't disagree with anything you have said here.

I'm not sure it's too late. In the other thread Killahbee quoted some convos from Discord and someone from Cyrene (Kris?) was quoted as saying that there was no firm 'Yes' or 'No' from MA yet on bringing back these specific armors.

And even if it is too late, this is for the record and I think it will show that a solid three-quarters of the player base want MA to bring them back. To me, that alone is worth the thread and poll being created. It shows hard evidence that the player base very clearly stated their demands/expectations from MA.

What MA then decides to do about it is up to them of course. All we can do is just make it very clear for them. If I accomplish that, I'm happy, I think it was worth my time and effort.

Legends

Beside the fact that Stolen has no buff which is unfair, those who have the armor supposed to have a way to upgrade it before any1 else, and we were left aside, simple as that, plenty ppl see in this more than appear to be.
Stolen has to be the base for the upgrade and who have one should be able to still upgrade until the fix.

Not trying to rain on anyone's crusade, nor do I have any skin in this particular issue, but generally speaking and in my humble opinion, until there is any serious competition from some other viable sci-fi mmo rpg rce, then you can expect to see a continuation of the same ole, same ole that we've come to know and hate over the years - bait-and-switch, overpromise but underdeliver, fool me twice..., communication/customer service shortcomings, foot dragging on important issues affecting players'/customers' wallets and enjoyment of the game, etc, etc.

When you're "the only game in town" so to speak, then you can happily shit on your customers - loyal or otherwise - and just shrug off the blowback. Just give some flim-flam excuses and throw in yet another shiny new object or event and you're golden. Customers are still going to deposit and play because again, "the only game in town." Where else are people going to get their sci-fi mmo rpg rce fix?

That other sci-fi mmo rpg rce game that is planned to come out on Steam whose name starts with a "V" and rhymes with "dirtuverse" seems promising. If that game turns out to be halfway decent, then I think we might notice things improve significantly with EU in all aspects. However, if that new game turns out to be shit, then well.. say hello to same ole, same ole. That's the beauty of competition and the ugliness of a monopoly.

Polls are something, I guess, but... meh, see above.

Maybe the new punching bag, er, Alexandar can help.

Saturday Bump - if you haven't voted in this poll, please do

Back