Should Mindark update all the current Argonaut's visuals to the new model?

Should Mindark update all the current Argonaut's visuals to the new model?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • No, I think the previous version looks better

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • No opinion

Votes: 19 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Love it!
Tho they look so good and cute, id like the bosses to look like the old model, more feral and fierce! Grrrrrr

I don't think I had the time to check the aesthetics of a mob.I encountered once a level 55 argonaut and he did 700 damage non crit on modfied shadow + perfected incision.I decided not worth my time.
I am sure daikiba doesn't look better than recently designed Argonauts but everyone ingame hunt them.Wonder why.

I don't think I had the time to check the aesthetics of a mob.I encountered once a level 55 argonaut and he did 700 damage non crit on modfied shadow + perfected incision.I decided not worth my time.
I am sure daikiba doesn't look better than recently designed Argonauts but everyone ingame hunt them.Wonder why.
you need to skill more, you can never become uber by sweating :p

We are curious about your opinion regarding the visual update of the Argonaut that was introduced at the start of Mini Mayhem: Thanks Argonaut Giving. What are your views on the visual update? Did you like it?
100% Honesty. There's more important things you guys could focus on instead of eye candy. You guys could instead of asking about a model, ask us what we think you guys should prioritize in the foreseeable future.

For example, a very short amount of the playerbase even reads this forum let alone post. Making an official poll here is like asking 2% of your player base about a question. I've said it many times in the past, add an in-game poll system it doesn't have to be complicated, we used to have in-game support system.
Add an in-game poll system. You ask a question with different answers you want or custom answer. This message will show up infront of your screen when you first log in. This way every player can vote or decide not to vote, giving you a more real picture of overall feedback.

For instance, in the future of mini mayhems, and time between mayhems, consider improving the drop rate of pyrite (the cap should be raised) and improve output drop rate so that people can buy damage enhancers for a reasonable price and stock up before events. Ideally you should fix this before TWEN event...

There's too big shortage in the supply and it leaves a lot of people frustrated, leading to less revenue for you guys!
In the future mini mayhems why not add temporary spawns of "Mayhem <Insert mob name maturities>" that can drop output, tier components and mayhem tokens for example? Would be less impact on the economy as a whole, and help people get tier components to tier up weapons for mayhem and so forth.

About the model tbh my first vibe I got was an mutated Monkey with fangs and claws, I haven't read argonaut lore so I can't know for sure if that was what you guys were going for, though it does look "better" graphics than current one though.

As for replacing current models completely? I believe the old models should remain, but also the new ones (no option for that in the poll). In the mini mayhem it helped that the bigger argonauts with updated models are bigger and more visible since you guys decided to mix them up with regular argonauts on some spawns, this allowed one to avoid tagging the stronger argonauts with insane AOE dmg (Why did you decide to make them this way btw? I would've loved to hunt them but it just wasn't practical if you wanted to solo them).

Last edited:
Jesus you lot are more negative than a magnet
There's a justified reason for it, also at least in my case I provided some general feedback as honest as I could. We're their paying customers so it's bit hard to just comment on something we feel was unnecessary to begin with. Imagine you ordered coffee at starbucks but it tasted like shit, then they came to you with a poll asking you to comment about their brand new cup color would you be able to stay positive and just comment about their cup or would you tell them to improve their coffee instead of focusing on the damn cup almost nobody cares about?

We are curious about your opinion regarding the visual update of the Argonaut that was introduced at the start of Mini Mayhem: Thanks Argonaut Giving. What are your views on the visual update? Did you like it?
Can you post a picture of the 2 versions we are to decide upon?

Cough Cou-voting booths---ough cough

Wistrel

I mean they did announce a few months back what their plans were, so now the focus will be back to EU and TWEN and hopefully fixing things.

I appreciate this is the first time MA is asking the playerbase their opinion on how to proceed with something (apart from merch stuff), even if only visual, taking in the feedback about recent visual changes, nice one guys :)
Out of the two models, I like better the new one because it resembles more the original Argonaut, the one that looked like this:

beauty_beast.jpg

The fact that the new model was applied on a mob that couldn't be hunted solo, is another story. If your intention was for us to kill it in teams, for that to happen there should have been a decent reason for us to do so, but the loot table was the same so people preffered to solo the smaller ones especially since the chance for rare token would have been higher on lower maturities. And the spawns made it even worse, as usual, we struggle with spawns. I have yet to see a good designed spawn of mobs.

Last edited:
100% Honesty. There's more important things you guys could focus on instead of eye candy. You guys could instead of asking about a model, ask us what we think you guys should prioritize in the foreseeable future.
for fuck sake,

these guys told everyone they cannot focus on anything but UNREAL5, meaning they wont do shit by then, just small things here and there, and yet like a broken mechanism some ppl just do what they know best.. to say same shits over and over again, repeatedly till u bleed to death thru your eyes while u read same old same old complain

they want to see if ppl like something they worked on, something they announced they work on and something that was the reason to make a small event for it, if u saw it .....unless u died in the grass and saw only dung, dirt and dust

was something unclear here? is even a poll for this to be more helpful

I appreciate this is the first time MA is asking the playerbase their opinion on how to proceed with something, even if only visual, taking in the feedback about recent visual changes, nice one guys :)

Hear, hear.

Lots of trouble always going around but this looks like a small step in a positive direction. Of course there will be side chatter, but eyes on the ball.

If they're ridiculed for it, I doubt they're going to want to poll over more important issues.

for fuck sake,

these guys told everyone they cannot focus on anything but UNREAL5, meaning they wont do shit by then, just small things here and there, and yet like a broken mechanism some ppl just do what they know best.. to say same shits over and over again, repeatedly till u bleed to death thru your eyes while u read same old same old complain

they want to see if ppl like something they worked on, something they announced they work on and something that was the reason to make a small event for it, if u saw it .....unless u died in the grass and saw only dung, dirt and dust

was something unclear here? is even a poll for this to be more helpful
I know. It doesn't mean that one should give up on trying to change their mindset. Also I did state my opinion on their work (even about the model) if you saw it. I do agree about it's good that they're trying to get feedback but I'm sure they welcome all feedback even if its negative (they even stated this in the past).

index.php

Some know what the original looked like. Some even have the Entropia Life data to prove it.

I voted 'no opinion' on this poll although I do have one.

I don't think MA know (or care) why I stopped hunting them as did pretty much everyone else that I know.

Polish Entropia all you want, you wont make the genie come back with just 'graphic updates' 🧞‍♂️

Not voting because I don't like the options, but commenting instead.
The switch to UE5 will include far-reaching gameplay changes that will affect us orders of magnitude more than the looks of any mob. It may be that your bosses don't want to include very experienced 'customers' in the design of a hugely altered game, but don't pretend you are involving us if this is the case.
We could probably provide you with insight into everything from mob AI behaviour to thoughts on whether to include body part shots and weakened reactions such as run speed or hitting power. I reckon almost nobody hunts a particular mob because of the way it looks, maybe even absolutely nobody! Please make your inclusion of us more serious to get more serious answers, is my suggestion.

Can you post a picture of the 2 versions we are to decide upon?

Cough Cou-voting booths---ough cough

Wistrel

This

I was stuck at auction and crafting machine so didn't make it out of the mall to have a look, though I was curious, so it would be nice to have side-by-side screenies to see the difference.

I think that:
#1 Players here appreciate the poll and the effort

#2 Team hunting is not a popular feature in EU and hunters didn't like that the big ones could not be solo'd (and it's dissapointing that you, MA, haven't noticed this and didn't think of this)

#3 Loot tables are more important than graphics

#4 Different visuals/size for each maturity is awesome, you should do that for other mobs!

Last edited:
Nice to ask the community!! But I feel like you're just throwing a carrot here.

We don't play Entropia for the amazing graphics, if MA can change the look with 5 minutes work, sure... Go ahead. But if it takes someone a week to change it, that's resources wasted IMO.

Remember mob merchandise??? Almost 1,5 year has gone by...

Based on those two pics and ignoring some other stuff here I changed my vote in the poll.

That's a lovely *new* mob 🤷‍♂️

All the other pieces except what was probably an independent artist's rendition for an old ad campaign are significantly more reptilian, with your current "before" image calling out most to my particular sense of EU nostalgia.

Haven't seen the new one ingame but looks ok to me. Most often with new looks and features it's just a question
of getting used to it. After a year not that many remember the old look. :p

One thing you could do My|MindArk is a "behind the scene"-thread somewhere which shows who's doing what at MA.
Not necessarily the individual but rather the role they have at MA, so people can see the differences in different jobs.
Maybe follow a comming object from idea, to concept, sculpting/modelling, texturing/shading, rigging, animation
and hopefully some features it have that requires some coding also, and finally testing and implenting it in to the game.

Back