Should NEVERDIE be banned?

Is NEVERDIE too involved in Game development to continue to participate in EU with his NEVERDIE avat

• Yes; He should give up his avatar

Votes: 167 46.1%
  • No; Let him continue to participate

Votes: 146 40.3%
  • I can't decide.

Votes: 49 13.5%

• Total voters
You are right, ND did a lot for EU. But all that was when he did it as a player. Now he is not just a player anymore. It is one when you see that an avatar invests a lot in a game, and another when you cone and see that he is actually a partner of that virtual universe. A lot of credibility is lost for both, avatar and main company.

Managing planet, dont need avatar..
Managing cnd and LA`s, need an avatar..

Thats a tough one, u guys rrly think FPC is gonna force ND into making a choice?

3. my final point : as anne (skam) had to leave her avatar behind as she works at a planet partner compagny now , then john jakob neverdie should have to do the same.
i have no pitty for anything, he knew where he was getting getting in to
so i say he should stop playing.
and leave his avatar behind.

That actually brings up a very good question, maybe she will be allowed a personal avatar on RT, but not on Calypso lol

But i wonder who insisted on deleting her character? If it was FPC then that is their choice, no impact on ND. But if it was MA that made her delete her avatar then ND's avatar has to be deleted, fair is fair, in love and war

Rgds

Ace

But if it was MA that made her delete her avatar then ND's avatar has to be deleted, fair is fair, in love and war

Rgds

Ace

We all know that they will never do anything about it... But we were just talking.

He doesnt know what will drop. I wrote a support case once about something similar and they replied and said that they control the loot and what drops, not the planet owners. They may create special items which MA will drop at some point, but he has no idea when they will drop and from what.

I'd rather have Neverdie as active avatar than as a MA's partner - especially Rocktropia release clearly show that he has already screwed enough and should be stopped as soon as possible.

And one more thing - if MA would decide to delete his avatar, then he would also lost Club Neverdie's deed... That would be also nice, cause compared to CP and even some LA's on Calypso that place has really poor maintaince now...

So - it would be good if MA took any action - no matter if they'd chose to kick Neverdie out of the game or out of company, EU would gain something. DO YOU HEAR US MA??? :rolleyes:

Question yourself, if you would need to invest/develop/market/promote, go so much extra miles to shape up a platform the way you see it, wouldn't you expect a more improved customer service? Some facts on a need-to-know base? Contractual fines when actively broken trust? If he earns as much as told, why would he even bother to use tools/armors because he learned a few things. I'm sure he has a lot of other things to worry about :D

IMO none of us have enough information in our possesion about how planet partners work one way or another to be able to make a judgement call of if a player should be banned or not once they become a partner.

If he has anything knowledge whatsoever of loot distribution, then yes, he should not be able to play.

If he has any knowledge of balancing shifts that would make currently cheap items become expensive (Think black clothing from Hadeshiem) then yes, he should not be able to play.

Other than that, I see no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to play, and TBH I seriously doubt he has access to either of my examples.

That said, heres a question for you all to ponder on. If there is no problem with a planet partner participating in the game in the same way we do, why did Skam (FPC) have to give up her avatar? (I seem to remember she did, but apologies if thats wrong...)

its quite a sad and jealous question really. running a studio that is developing 2 planets, as well as CND, do you really think ND has the time or inclination to abuse any insider knowledge he might have? compared to the potential profits of planets, looting a few uber items or ATH becomes chicken feed, we're talking millions of $ not a few $10k.

its quite a sad and jealous question really. running a studio that is developing 2 planets, as well as CND, do you really think ND has the time or inclination to abuse any insider knowledge he might have? compared to the potential profits of planets, looting a few uber items or ATH becomes chicken feed, we're talking millions of $ not a few $10k.

Indeed...so to answer the question: no

btw remember...in vino veritas...in whiskey...trouble! ;)

Heres my 2 cents not that it really matters :laugh:. I think he should be allowed to continue to play. If you are active in EU you know when you see NeverDie Global or HOF its always something real random and something that he has always done such as Mining and Crafting OreAmps 101s. If you look at he stats also on EU Tracker yea most of his hunting is was done on CND as well as now some on RockTropia. All the hunting on CND if he knew all the insides and out he would have way more bigger globals and hofs recorded I would think. Not the merely 10K peds worth of globals. Some of us also have seen him on RockTropia fighting the Fearless Dragons up there and watching him get slapped around by them also. To me this doesnt show me that he has much inside knowledge where it should damage the economy or structure of the world. But of course im just a nobody and who really knows :laugh:.

I would like to see a response here from ole NeverDie himself and see what he has to say.

Reading this and thinking about it a bit....

Whats the difference if ND plays in EU on his planet, on his asteriod, or with himself..

I dont hear a soul bitchin that the LA owners should be removed from the game. Pretty much the same situation. They have exact same control over their property as ND does on his. The only difference is he now owns part of the largest property in game and has more responsability to that property. MA STILL controls loot and Item drops.

I see people promoting their LA's and have gone to many over the course of time. I WILL NOT go to one I have not seen the owner at least promoting let alone playing. If you are not interested enough in your own property to play on it then It must not be worth much in your eyes therefore worth even less in mine.

Seeing ND playing on his proprty and promoting it make me think its worth a second look. If he was NOT doing any of this then I would have to wonder about the value of these properties and stay away because if it aint good enough for the owners it sure as hell aint good enough for me to bother with.

Out of all the hoaky shit that goes on in this game I dont understand why people are fixated on the person that has the most to lose in here right now.
Ahh - the egg was sold...

Thinking lound

Well I think that Neverdie has nothing to do with MindArk's emloyees cause the planets what he is owner of are private land area.
If you have think twice you would conclude that if he is owning a planet it's like hes owning hangar,apartment,building and so on.
So no! I don't think that Neverdie should be stopped in his playing , cause I'm sure he likes the game and the people in it.

Best wishes to Neverdie and his planets :yay:

Neverdie may ever get banned.. then he will proably comeback as

Neverban

huhuhuhuhuh

Well if he works for MA than yes ban him but if no then go ND and be more richer then now lol

I did think about this and tbh i'm not really sure, Hanne had to give up her avatar to join FPC which is also a planet company so maybe ND should do the same.

On the other hand ND has done a lot for EU in terms of promotion (not all of it good though imo -space pirates...), and so his avatar remaining ingame has a lot of merit also...

Still not sure lol :confused:

Thats the most insane Thread in this forum and to much gelousy for nobody get close them him...

Is a example for all of us...

Neverdie should have an official avatar like MA/FPC employees do. He should not be allowed to have a normal avatar that can engage with EU in the same way that you or I do.

Allowing him to do so creates a huge conflict of interest.

Many in this thread are missing the point. It has nothing to do with loot, which as some have pointed out he can not control.

However he does have advance knowledge of future content which gives him an advantage. For example, if he knew that the next Rocktropia update would include the addition of 3 new mobs that did Cold damage, he could buy up all the Viking armour he could lay his hands on in the knowledge that the price would rocket after the release of the mobs.

Being allowed to 'play' on Calypso but not on Rocktropia would fix nothing. The market is universal.

Whether he would use knowledge to his advantage is irrelevant, the point is that he could, if he chose to. No matter what you think about Neverdie's own personal integrity, we need to consider future partners as well. Allowing partners to play opens up possibilities for corruption.

Hanne was forced to give up Skam, and she is a small cog in the machine compared to Neverdie.

Allowing Neverdie to continue as a participant as well as a partner is a big mistake.

Does he know which mobs will drop the new items he helped design, and which VU they will become available?

does he know stats of the new items and how they might effect the IG economy?

other than that, I don't see what kind of advantage he'd get in the new planet...

NeverDie!!!!! You should read this and come answer these questions for us :yay:

Neverdie should have an official avatar like MA/FPC employees do. He should not be allowed to have a normal avatar that can engage with EU in the same way that you or I do.

Allowing him to do so creates a huge conflict of interest.

Many in this thread are missing the point. It has nothing to do with loot, which as some have pointed out he can not control.

However he does have advance knowledge of future content which gives him an advantage. For example, if he knew that the next Rocktropia update would include the addition of 3 new mobs that did Cold damage, he could buy up all the Viking armour he could lay his hands on in the knowledge that the price would rocket after the release of the mobs.

Being allowed to 'play' on Calypso but not on Rocktropia would fix nothing. The market is universal.

Whether he would use knowledge to his advantage is irrelevant, the point is that he could, if he chose to. No matter what you think about Neverdie's own personal integrity, we need to consider future partners as well. Allowing partners to play opens up possibilities for corruption.

Hanne was forced to give up Skam, and she is a small cog in the machine compared to Neverdie.

Allowing Neverdie to continue as a participant as well as a partner is a big mistake.

Personally, I would never do what skam did and start to work for MA and because off that be forced to leave the game because i love this game and i want to be here.

As for Neverdie the MA has to guarantee to 1000% that he does not know anything about the loot or get any info from MA and that they must prove it
because i think he loves this game.

Yes..I love this game but i dont trust MA so if it is something MA wants to say they need to put up some proof otherwise i take it like emty talk.

Last edited:
Added a poll just for the hell of it !

i have nothing against neverdie, i dont have the feeling that he is currently exploiting his knowledge, but, i do find it strange that when skam went to work for a planet partner she had to give up her avatar and he doesnt.

Hi, this is actually a fairly balanced thread, it's impressive to see so much objectivity..

I don't know if u are familiar with my song " I AM MY AVATAR"

Www.jango.com/music/neverdie

Well that's how I feel, deeply connected with my virtual self

Not only that but being NEVERDIE has become my full time occupation for a number of years..

I am glad that mindark continue to handle all of the loot balancing , I'm glad that it remains a mystery to me.

The Universe will continue to expand with new planets and new partners, so if I really want to do some hard core hunting I can stick to calypso or CND or goto a new world.

I only really hunt or mine on Rocktropia to get a feel for balancing issues or when I show people around..

It's funny but unless I log in with NEVERDIE I can't survive long enough to show people some of the cool tough mobs. Trying to get Lemmy's Avatar to his castle was an Epic struggle.

So really except for other peoples perceptions there really isn't any reason for me to not hunt occasionally even on ROcktropia. I really feel u have to be a pro hunter and miner and put in many hours a day to actually profit, if all you do is short excursions like me, I think the outcome is going to be pretty random.

As far as insider trading is concerned if anyone working at one one of the planet development companies wanted to engage in that... They could do it with proxy avatars or through friends... So banning my avatar would not stop that... In fact as long as I am my avatar, everyone can keep an eye on me...

The only time I really hunt or mine on calypso is when i'm

Coolt. and i hope you will be here for a long time because like the most off os you love this game and like you say ( It's funny but unless I log in with NEVERDIE ).:yay:

Hope to only MA is as objective ......................( like allways ):kos:

Access to loot algorithms, inside knowledge, and all these type questions are really beside the point.

As someone "directly involved in it" it would always look like an "inside job" if he did "win big".

This is why when Supermarkets (or any other company) run a competition there is always a line in the rules along the lines of the following:

"Employees of the company and their affiliates, members of their family, or anyone else involved either directly or indirectly with the running of this competition is expressly forbidden from entering it, and will be ineligible to win or participate."

There have been competitions to "win a car" that I could not enter because i work for a car dealer that is a franchise holder of the make of car offered as a prize.
I do not work for Tesco's, but if the prize is made by GM, I can't enter.

Basically it means that you can't be accused of cheating when you win if you can't win to start with.

(I am not accusing anyone of "cheating" just pointing out that some simple rules are often used to prevent the possibility of such accusations being made in the first place!)

Neverdie is given the tools to develop his new planet graphically - he is given with a map-editor, where he can design the landscape, and a whole other bunch of tools where he gets to model items/creatures/buildings, etc. By no means does he get a glance at the internals of Entropia-Universe (it's loot distribution algorithms and economic mechanics).

The only advantage Neverdie may have, is him knowing where creatures spawn, in-addition to him knowing exactly how the landscape is designed. Still, an unfair advantage over others, but not something insanely dramatic, I mean, heck, we've seen controversial scores before :cool:.

And let's be all honest here, it's just a matter of time before the PAK files will "cracked" again, and people will be able to get a full glance at the maps with any Crysis map editor, same way people did back in 10.0.0.

As far as insider trading is concerned if anyone working at one one of the planet development companies wanted to engage in that... They could do it with proxy avatars or through friends... So banning my avatar would not stop that... In fact as long as I am my avatar, everyone can keep an eye on me...

I am not saying that you do inside trading or any deals of that kind. But the position you are is is a bit weird. Because you rely on people trust. And eventually we all have to trust you and/or MA. And what you answer to this is something like "take it or leave it". We know that this is how it is. I don't expect for you to make a change of any kind. Considering the value of your avatar and the amount of influence your assets have on EU economy, it would be close to impossible to make any changes any time soon. I do understand your point of view, but the problem is that having the situation as it is, it is not good for the game.

Back