Help: Should Rare Tokens be This Hard to Get?

i don't think some players are favored over others. i think people underestimate how much the players on top cycle.
yeah look at them they sycle so much that they dont even sleep lols

@Rocket - I believe and hope that in a years time, this will be fucking awesome for you. When lvl UBER HG or Riffle is being added to the vendor and you have enough tokens to take out 2 of them from the start :D

However, they really shouldn't have dropped the ability to also earn them though typical competition too. Even if only at higher cat levels. For some players their hunting is essentially a business and it's hard to run a business when one of your most important aspects of cashflow (events) is stunted by the bottleneck of a single random loot.

At the very least, there should be a way of converting regular tokens into rares at some crazy high exchange rate of like 25,000 tokens or something. So if you aren't as lucky you can still grind to your goal.
bingo.

People, think about it from global perspective.

There are only two things left whales can not brute force. Mayhem items and rings from boxes.

What will happen to Mayhem vendor if tomorrow rare tokens become tradable or grindable?

We all saw what happened with uncontrolled NTI shares sale right?

Are you doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

At the very least, there should be a way of converting regular tokens into rares at some crazy high exchange rate of like 25,000 tokens or something. So if you aren't as lucky you can still grind to your goal.

My problem is different... Rather, I would like to exchange Rare tokens for normal ones so that I can buy the long-awaited Azuro.

People, think about it from global perspective.

There are only two things left whales can not brute force. Mayhem items and rings from boxes.

What will happen to Mayhem vendor if tomorrow rare tokens become tradable or grindable?

We all saw what happened with uncontrolled NTI shares sale right?

A few months ago, there was a dispute opposite on this topic, because a handful of people had access to good guns... So yeah, the system works fine. We just need some mobs for Azuro i think.

I'm sorry that Rocket doesn't take me seriously, but I have more kills than Messi... and if it weren't for the golden boy to be given all the Globals... now I would be No.1 on the hunting list!!!

At this point i don't think the thread has anything constructive left to offer. people are spiraling into debates that are taking away from the two questions i posed:
Maybe the thread has run its course but I feel that bringing in our own experiences might be a valuable contribution and possibly the reason for MA's suggestion to have a conversation in here.

I don't play the box game, I only buy them as a way to depo when returns have been in the 80%-85% for a protracted amount of time (but absurd volatility is a subject for another thread :) ). That still puts me in the several $k/year, but I never expect to loot a ring or a rare token from there, so I'll stick to in-game cycling.

I have now cycled the good part of a million ped in the three new format events and I haven't got a single rare. I have come to the conclusion, like others have said, that the sytem has decided that "it's not my time". Looking at plenty of people cycling much less and getting multiple rares makes it even worse.

It really feels like I am trying to get into a night club and the bouncers just don't like me. I see everybody else go in, but hey, they either don't like my trainers, my shirt, my hairdo, whatever. They are not going to let me in!

Of course, with no rares coming and the event being frankly mind-numbingly boring (not defense, in fairness), the incentive to keep shooting inside mayhem has plummeted. As a consequence, and as a form of protest against the "night-club bouncers", I did pull the plug after completing the redulite mission.

Going forward I'll still do the bare minimum in a mayhem event and give it a chance to show me if my time has arrived, but if no rares I'll simply be persuing other personal projects in game. Of course, I won't be cycling the same amount, as mayhems are designed to maximise that, but that's the way the algo is designed and we can't fight it.

I agree with what others have already suggested, the probability distribution is very poorly designed. The cynical, despicable me thinks that the drop rate is skewed in favour of lower categories, lower players, because MA might see that as a powerful incentive for "newer" players to stick around and invest in the game, once they have the all powerful rare tokens. High cycling players? They would keeep cycling regardless. Basically, it's only a slightly different version of people chipping out and sticking to low categories in the old mayhems. Curiously enough, I see players who used to do that, sticking to say category 3 and still receiving plenty of rare tokens now. Coincidence? Of course, but...

The drop rate algo should have a component of pure luck so to allow anybody of any level to loot a rare, but also a significant component related to the amount of cycling. Failing to do so ends up penalising those who go up the ladder and makes a mockery of MA's argument that this is not gambling but meritocracy.

Are you doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
no that's the entire point of this thread. but MA says we can only get tokens by shooting in mayhem or opening boxes

zho was on mang changs so i thought maybe tokens were there too. i'm open to getting creative.

Mindark has dynamic loot, meaning they have loot operators, hence they can't post % chance of looting items. I hope rules will reach them as in other games, where you have to post % chance for every item you can get from gambling boxes, because it's predefined. MA does not have predefined rare loot, so you could open million boxes without getting what you need and others looted twice in 1000x smaller sample.

Mindark has dynamic loot, meaning they have loot operators, hence they can't post % chance of looting items. I hope rules will reach them as in other games, where you have to post % chance for every item you can get from gambling boxes, because it's predefined. MA does not have predefined rare loot, so you could open million boxes without getting what you need and others looted twice in 1000x smaller sample.

On the contrary, a simple function of a 10% chance of a item at zero rate would return a 0% chance result.
In this case, there is no need for on-duty operators to push a button.

And if you haven't noticed, the rate is in the range of 2 to -2... that is, with double rate we have double values or increased loot, and with zero or negative rates, the loot is reduced or "multiplications" are half as small.

The problem is mainly in the accountants who pay attention mainly to their personal history in their work, skipping the whole gameplay. That is, like a child who thinks that the universe exists because of him.

And the overall rate of the loot usually changes with the new day in the game, simply because it is a game and it is normal to have a gameplay aspect.

According to EL you also looted 4 rings in those 50 boxes? Or you actually opened more than 50 boxes since rare was introduced?
When rares got introduced, I opened 50 boxes and got one rare token.

Back