Should Space be Lootable PVP - Yes or No?

Should Space be Lootable PVP - Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 124 53.2%
  • No

Votes: 109 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kitch

Prowler
Thats it :) no rhetoric, just ur opinions

edit***
Hi, I have noticed that people are voting no then saying to the effect that "it would be yes if xyz was implemented properly"
Just fyi that shuould be a yes answer
Because you are agreeing that space should be lootable pvp.. Thats why I only put the 2 choices, to leave the endless variables and discussion out of it.

My bad for totally failing to get that point across tho :(

Last edited:
I think it should be all pvp, but only the center portion of the space map should be pvp lootable.
Giving people the option to fly around it or risk it and fly the quickest route through the center.

Answered yes. I have explained the various benefits countless time elsewhere in PCF.

DCF

Yes because it discourages people from transporting stackables and hence encourages planets to develop their own working economies.

If people don't transport loot they will sell it on the planet they got it. Which makes a lot of sense.

Yes as entering space is free decision that noone is forced to make. If you dont want to risk, take a mothership trip. Pvp space suits more with this universe than non pvp space would

Also if space weren't lootable, there would be little to no need for Privateers and Motherships, as a result the values on those would collapse. If those were allowed to collapse in value then it would send shockwaves throughout the rest of EU regarding things of high value.

Last edited:
Voted yes, as it is the only logical decision for a PP structure.

Best regards
Zweshi

i voted yes too.. amazingly the anti-pirates {removed} haven't seem to have posted in here yet :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but this poll is pointless. MA is committed to lootable pvp space. Changing that would screw over MS owners who have made huge investments and screw over the hanger owners again. And its linked to the interplanetary economy. I don't see it changing.

We just need to learn to deal with it.

[SUP][/SUP]
i voted yes too.. amazingly the anti-pirates {removed} haven't seem to have posted in here yet :p

u voted yes?? :eyecrazy: wouldnt expect that lolz

Space is the only lootable area where all can come without a toxic shot.

I voted No, I would agree for a pvp only.
There are enough ways to steal people in game. But they first need to fix THEIR bugs.
(Schedulled after the Taming release).

... and hence encourages planets to develop their own working economies.
Because today (and since planets appeared), you think there are separate economies ? :scratch2:
Not really.

I'm sorry but this poll is pointless. MA is committed to lootable pvp space. Changing that would screw over MS owners who have made huge investments and screw over the hanger owners again. And its linked to the interplanetary economy. I don't see it changing.

We just need to learn to deal with it.

Actually its just curiosity :) to get a consensus. And btw I voted Yes because I like the freedom to choose how I play. Its just a facet of my personality that prevents me from being a pirate (Conscience)

I never saw anti-pirates on this forum ...I like Daisy/jig/Xane ....oh this are pirates who does not use "tricks"...

Easiest poll I've ever responded to - YES.

I voted yes .

Most of my entertainment comes from space being pvp.
However my own needs apart it needs to be pvp from an economy point of view.

As long as you are in space willingly (not thru some scumbag exploiting the summon system) then you take the risks.

Last edited:
its ok for lootable pvp to be there until people are looted who actually want to go there with their stack and its not used to still from other people who are not willing to go there using summoning or other future "tactic"

Well its not other option accept: yes ,no ,need to add other

Well I say space is wrong and the way its just make it this way you should loot what risk only

Example
Pirate :200 ped
Traveler : 100 ped
So if the engage battle pirate should lose or get 100 ped only

Other example to be more clear
Pirate : 100 ped
Traveler : 200 ped
Same winner only take what the Carrie lest say traveler lose pirate get 100 ped

THIS IS HOW I SEE """ EQUAL """ now if pirate wanna just screw around with no loot them simple no loot for them :) this how I see thinks and space well be fine

Well its not other option accept: yes ,no ,need to add other

Well I say space is wrong and the way its just make it this way you should loot what risk only

Example
Pirate :200 ped
Traveler : 100 ped
So if the engage battle pirate should lose or get 100 ped only

Other example to be more clear
Pirate : 100 ped
Traveler : 200 ped
Same winner only take what the Carrie lest say traveler lose pirate get 100 ped

THIS IS HOW I SEE """ EQUAL """ now if pirate wanna just screw around with no loot them simple no loot for them :) this how I see thinks and space well be fine

is yes or no for a reason. I dont want to dilute it with lots of if, buts and maybe's. Just a general feeling of whether its good or bad. The system and way it is implemented will change gradually which is why I also put a time limit on the poll.

Also about what you said, pirates often hunt in packs :)

station
1 km safe zone
5 km standart pvp
rest lootable

...sooo easy

The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that I like it there :)

But the only way to truly know would be to trial it for a while, being non lootable

And see what peoples opinions are afterwards

kitch

Answered yes. It promotes independence economies.
And though I hate some of the players for the use of exploits in space, I think that there will be lootable PVP forever

I voted no because I don't like it as it is.
I think there should be lootable pvp areas with mining opportunities, for example. Most of space could even be lootable pvp, but with safe travel lanes. The safe lanes could be via line-of-sight beacons and have twisty sections (or at least curved) to make journeys longer and not allow for afk straight flying (or use waypoints every au or so).
Also, weight restrictions could be placed on ships to prevent really big but long transport trips by sleips/quads.

An important part of this virtual univese

If you envision a rich and diverse virtual universe, rogue space pirates feeding off interplanetary trading routes really makes a lot of sense. Kinda like in the old Westerns.
And I fully understand MAs desire to make it a dangerous adventure, to travel between worlds.

It needs to be balanced, so planet trading is both possible and profitable. And dangerous too. While it should also be possible for a few space pirates to make a living preying on the traders.

Seems perfect in theory.
In practice not so much. :D
The right balance is very difficult to find, and people getting 'robbed' will always be furious. With the pirates. And with MA.

It still needs tweeking. The 'log out in space' is kinda not fair. But ofc the summon exploit is much worse.

Overall, I still think it's a good idea. And I hope MA will find the right balance, and the community eventually will accept it, and see it as an exciting part of the Entropia Universe.

The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that I like it there :)

But the only way to truly know would be to trial it for a while, being non lootable

And see what peoples opinions are afterwards

kitch

Without lootable it will be fun for a week or so with lots of new faces plonking along in all directions like little happy bunnee wabbit in a carrot field. It will be glorious, amazing, and then two weeks later everyone will be bored out of their skulls, smaller economies will get all messed up again, ship owners start making demands, buyers get disgruntled and local supplies dry up.

And then !? and then ???

RIOTS !!!! !!!! !!!! !

MA brings out riot squads as random gangamstylin mobs break out in EU disrupting businesses !!! . Nerve gas and Skunk agents are deployed as rioters start gangamstylin up on MA staff ! Burning black tyre smoke fills the air, vomit goes flying everywhere, little avatars run shitless into poles and walls, slip on shit !!!! . Nutters come out in their underwear as random looting breaks as buildings get torched and finally MA goes bust due to looting and costs associated with containing the riots all over the planets !!!! Why ? All because lootable space was removed !!!!

Still want non pvp lootable ? I should think not !. Damn i think ive sold myself on the no lootable idea now :silly2:

Fuck me :scratch2: :laugh:

Without lootable it will be fun for a week or so with lots of new faces plonking along in all directions like little happy bunnee wabbit in a carrot field. It will be glorious, amazing, and then two weeks later everyone will be bored out of their skulls, smaller economies will get all messed up again, ship owners start making demands, buyers get disgruntled and local supplies dry up.

And then !? and then ???

RIOTS !!!! !!!! !!!! !

MA brings out riot squads as random gangamstylin mobs break out in EU disrupting businesses !!! . Nerve gas and Skunk agents are deployed as rioters start gangamstylin up on MA staff ! Burning black tyre smoke fills the air, vomit goes flying everywhere, little avatars run shitless into poles and walls, slip on shit !!!! . Nutters come out in their underwear as random looting breaks as buildings get torched and finally MA goes bust due to looting and costs associated with containing the riots all over the planets !!!! Why ? All because lootable space was removed !!!!

Still want non pvp lootable ? I should think not !. Damn i think ive sold myself on the no lootable idea now :silly2:

Fuck me :scratch2: :laugh:

Ha :D took the words out of my mouth there..

But I also think it would be really boring and empty, like somehting is missing. But I wasnt playing in the days of old before space.

This same vote comes up a few times a year.

The answers are always the same, too.

Space is lootable PvP. Sorry. Deal with it.

This same vote comes up a few times a year.

The answers are always the same, too.

Space is lootable PvP. Sorry. Deal with it.

lol, why do people assume that because I started the thread im against lootable pvp? im for it!

With out space pvp, I would buy myself a privateer. With space pvp, I don't even want to log in anymore. so yeah i would vote to remove it. but whatever, I guess its saving me money.

With out space pvp, I would buy myself a privateer. With space pvp, I don't even want to log in anymore. so yeah i would vote to remove it. but whatever, I guess its saving me money.

Yet you survived all those years when there was only one planet and no choice. Now there is still one planet, but low and behold they gave you a choice and suddenly, it is the end of the world as you know it ^^

Always amazed by the weird and wonderful creatures we have in this forum (myself included)

lol, why do people assume that because I started the thread im against lootable pvp? im for it!

I dont assume you're for it. I assume this is opening up a can of worms where people actually believe they have input on this specific portion of the game.

They dont. Space is a soft barrier. Its entire intention is to be dangerous, to separate people who will brave the losses from people who wont, and thus drive prices up between planets.

Back