Should Sweaters Gang Up and Raise the Price?

and thats why the price wont go up

The Price will only go up when there is a need for sweat (husk, RT bps, etc) and when the players who have stack loads of sweat gathering dust in stoage. Certain players who buy of the deciples, new players, soc members have so much sweat in stock.

Now say if sweat price gose up to 5 ped, even more players will start to sweat as they want to sell and also some wont want buy something that is free to get. Also something else that you have to think about if sweat prices go up, this will also effect the price of welding wire, that is used so much more than ME.

1) Want ped now and not later.
one of the most damaging problems

2) Have so much sweat selling the odd 1 will not make much diffrence.
This is how all the sweaters think, and the reason the prices don't rise.

3) Once they reach their goal they stop (say 100 ped they will start tradeing)
This has got what to do with low prices?

4) They have no one else to sell too.
Then who is buying the sweat? I am sure if prices a little higher there will be the same about of ME uses regardless so there will be the same about of people buying to make ME to sell.

5) They new to the game and told thats the going price.
I am sure new people have also been told to sell 1k sweat for TT value to a player. that's not stopping the price from being 1k/2ped still but.

6) Some sweat for skill not to make money.
Correct I sweat for skills :) and the nea's politics but I don't sell my sweat for anything less the 4peds/k and mabe thats why I had a storage full of it before giving it to a soc mate for free.
If people sweating for skill and not money then why are they selling so cheap? why not give it away also or storage it?

3) Once they reach their goal they stop (say 100 ped they will start tradeing)
This has got what to do with low prices? They sell cheap to reach their goal.

4) They have no one else to sell too.
Then who is buying the sweat? I am sure if prices a little higher there will be the same about of ME uses regardless so there will be the same about of people buying to make ME to sell. Resellers buys it cheap there and then. The sweater dont have to waste time in peaks tring to sell it for a few more pec.

5) They new to the game and told thats the going price.
I am sure new people have also been told to sell 1k sweat for TT value to a player. that's not stopping the price from being 1k/2ped still but. New players ask whats the going rate 1 - 2 ped. Then someone offers them 1.5. they can buy rooking bombs or ammo with the rookie gear they get free.

6) Some sweat for skill not to make money.
Correct I sweat for skills :) and the nea's politics but I don't sell my sweat for anything less the 4peds/k and mabe thats why I had a storage full of it before giving it to a soc mate for free.
If people sweating for skill and not money then why are they selling so cheap? why not give it away also or storage it?
Some do use it, give it away and some might even sell.

My reasons is not set in stone, its just some reasons why sweaters do sweat for hours and sell cheap.

I'm pretty sure the minimum wage in some 3rd world countries is 1$ a day. Assuming a work day is 8 hours:
1$/8hours = 12.5cent per hour

If u have a good sweat team you can sweat 300~400 sweat an hour. Lets say 350 peds an hour. Without taking into account the skills you gain thats:
0.350(sweat/hour)*(XPed/K sweat) = 1.25peds (or 12.5 cents) ==> X = 3.5

==> sweat price = 3.5 peds/k

So its never gonna go higher that 3.5 peds/k
good luck;)

I'm pretty sure the minimum wage in some 3rd world countries is 1$ a day. Assuming a work day is 8 hours:
1$/8hours = 12.5cent per hour

If u have a good sweat team you can sweat 300~400 sweat an hour. Lets say 350 peds an hour. Without taking into account the skills you gain thats:
0.350(sweat/hour)*(XPed/K sweat) = 1.25peds (or 12.5 cents) ==> X = 3.5

==> sweat price = 3.5 peds/k

So its never gonna go higher that 3.5 peds/k
good luck;)

this is so wrong ..sweat and minimum wage :eyecrazy:
you're electricity bill is bigger then 3,5 k sweat / hour

this is so wrong ..sweat and minimum wage :eyecrazy:
you're electricity bill is bigger then 3,5 k sweat / hour
I pay 0.05$ for 1 kWh, the power consumption of my rig is about 700W, thus the electricity costs me exactly 1k bottles of sweat per hour at 3.5ped/k. So if one day I decide to become a professional sweater (lol) I'll need either to get more economical rig or to charge 4ped/k to have something to eat :laugh:

Would an android phone be considered eco? I hear they will run the game these days...

Would an android phone be considered eco? I hear they will run the game these days...

And then all you need is a solar recharger and bingo! Profits coming out of you ass! Literally bags of money falling in you lap!!!

;)

Or better yet hook a generator up to a stationary exercise bike :)
Sweat while you sweat your way to riches.

you must get a eco sweater rig :laugh:

Hahahaha soon there will be Eco calcs on computer's,
Or we could all stuff Eco and play the game for fun like intended

If MA doesn't do something soon, about how Sweat can be used in more items, and items that ppl actually want, they will lose a lot of their free players. There will be no reason to spend hours on end sweating for little to nothing.

7 years ago, when the sweat cap was in place, sweat sold for a decent price. But MA realized that some, with no moral compasses, could easily take advantage of this, and MA would lose money. So there went the sweat cap and the decent price of sweat.

5 years ago, unlimited sweat became the new norm, and the price of sweat hovered around 5 ped per k.

In the last 2-3 years the price of sweat has dropped, and just recently has MA introduced methods for increasing the use of sweat, but for what? Welding wire and some other stuff that has no large demand?

I am not taking about uber items, because that would be just like having a cap on sweat, and people would take advatnge of it.

Now today I see sweat being sold for 1.7 Ped per k. That's pretty bad. And that's even if anyone is buying it, which lately they have not been doing it consistently.

Yes yes, there are some players out there who will buy at 3 ped and other good prices, but how often? When and where? 1 person who buys at 3 ped per k, and only buys 3k worth, does not help new players.

I am not asking MA in any way to give me or anyone else free money. That is not why they are in business, but I think it is MA's responsibility to retain players. The more players you retain, the higher possibility for those players or a percentage of them to deposit and stay longer.

I want EU to survive. I love this game. I love everything about it.

But allowing sweat to get to such a low price, new players who come into the game for free and want to play for free, will lose their interest quickly, because there will be very, very little they will be able to do with 1.7 ped.

There is at least one big misconception in your post:

7 years ago, when the sweat cap was in place, sweat sold for a decent price. But MA realized that some, with no moral compasses, could easily take advantage of this, and MA would lose money. So there went the sweat cap and the decent price of sweat.

MA never lost Money because of that, because THEY did not pay the sweaters, the Mindforce users lost money because of that, because they were the ones who paid the sweaters.

If MA doesn't do something soon, about how Sweat can be used in more items, and items that ppl actually want, they will lose a lot of their free players. There will be no reason to spend hours on end sweating for little to nothing.

MA doesn't do much to keep paying customers, why should they do something to keep the ones who are not paying ?

OMG! YESSSS!!!!

What a great idea!!!

Let's pester everybody we can about a material that is next to worthless!!!

SPAM ALL CHAT CHANNELS!!!!

Who cares that when you prop up a price of something to higher than its worth, that you are encouraging even MORE people to produce it, so you will have even MORE sweat available. And once your little gang of swindlers give up after a week or two, all you will have accomplished is having pushed the price even further down.

Good work guys!!!

:smoke:

MA doesn't do much to keep paying customers, why should they do something to keep the ones who are not paying ?

Uh, because those people who start playing for free turn into paying customers, provided they have a reason to pay.

I am pretty sure that most of the people who play this game started playing for free at first and then turned into paying players.

Supply & Demand, it's a common business & economic concept.

There is at least one big misconception in your post:

MA never lost Money because of that, because THEY did not pay the sweaters, the Mindforce users lost money because of that, because they were the ones who paid the sweaters.

No, MA did not pay the sweaters directly, however, if you have people who cheat the system, then yes the company loses money. Because those people who could be turned into paying customers, do not become paying, they continue to cheat. Therefore the company loses money.

That exactly may be the point. Why should Mindark and/or Planet Partners continue to blow resource (use of server) on avatars that don't give them a return on investment. Sad but true. You can say that freeloading sweaters will deposit all you like, and some do deposit eventually, but I supsect that the percentage of sweaters that do that may be a lot lower than you think it is.

Yes, most depositers do sweat/swunt sometimes when peds are low, but some full time sweaters that do nothing but promise to never deposit ever could possibly be part of a problem that's been around for a long time that mindark is working on resolving with all this? Mindark is a company and is in the business of making money, even if you don't want to help them in that cause.

Last edited:
That exactly may be the point. Why should Mindark and/or Planet Partners continue to blow resource (use of server) on avatars that don't give them a return on investment. Sad but true. You can say that freeloading sweaters will deposit all you like, and some do deposit eventually, but I supsect that the percentage of sweaters that do that may be a lot lower than you think it is.

This is shortsighted. A vibrant and active community of free players is the greatest PR tool MindArk can have. Every free player has the potential to bring in a friend, or more than one friend, who will pay. Every free player also has the potential to become a spending player later on, at any time. If these free players can say that EU is fun regardless of cost, it acts as a counterbalance to all the whining from people who have overspent and now regret it.

A little bit of math.

If 1000 free players convert 30% of themselves to paying players, and those players deposit $20 on average per month, thats $6,000 gained per month. If that original pool of 1000 bring in 2,000 players more, and 30% of those players pay, thats $12,000, plus the original $6,000. $18,000 per month. Now lets double that again, and take 30% converted to paying players. The total is $42,000 monthly.

This is compounded month to month, as this only accounts for new players. Players who remain contribute further to this, and players who leave detract from it. The key is the new players. They come in and replace players who leave, and with the right kind of activities actually expand the playerbase, making referrals even more likely as people use the space socially. Some players will never hunt, but will support the fashion industry ingame. Or vehicles.

To purposefully neglect free players is stupid. To label them 'freeloaders' en masse is worthy of ridicule.

Last edited:
If 1000 free players convert 30% of themselves to paying players, and those players deposit $20 on average per month, thats $6,000 gained per month.

We all know how much you love to be a patronizing smartypants, but your example is SO wrong, i don't even know where to start...

$20 deposit per month doesn't mean MA made $20 profit - by no means.

30% conversion rate is merely a wet dream, 3% are way more realistic.

And then you assume that those who come back KEEP playing, KEEP depositing, for at least one full year - i don't know which universe you are from, but where i live things simply don't work like that.

There are reasons why people turn into inactives - these reasons are still there.
Spending money to bring these inactives back prior to removing the reason why they quit is... let's say "useless".

Even you will have to admit to that, with all the experience you have, running global companies and stuff...
:rolleyes:

30% conversion rate is merely a wet dream, 3% are way more realistic.

Examples do not have to be realistic when they are simly there to make a point.

And then you assume that those who come back KEEP playing, KEEP depositing, for at least one full year - i don't know which universe you are from, but where i live things simply don't work like that.

He actually mentioned that you have to calculate that some people leave.

We all know how much you love to be a patronizing smartypants, but your example is SO wrong, i don't even know where to start...

I didnt say profit, did I?

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
MA is always looking for returns in the amount you deposit. They may not see it immediately, but they will get it.
This is the very reason why the took PED out of the loot window and replaced it with ammo, so you would return it right then and there.

You will use the ammo in your loot window while hunting. A perfect way to make sure they squeeze every dime out of you they can. Same reason that why, when crafting, you get mats back, to keep hitting the run button. Especially on Autorun.

MA WILL get the money you deposit, no matter what you do. That's why they are still in business.

Examples do not have to be realistic when they are simly there to make a point.

Yeah, but examples do not have to be completely unrealistic, too.

He actually mentioned that you have to calculate that some people leave.

Yes, and? "Some" hardly covers it...

This message is hidden because Magyar_Republic is on your ignore list.

Ofc you meant profit, what else could you have meant by "gained"?
Your point is wrong, but if you meant just "deposits they can withdraw later", it's not only wrong, but uttermost nonsense.
{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't fix what ant broken! sweating is here to put a few peds in the hands of newcomers. its not going to replace depositing or to be a form of regular income to people who refuse to contribute to the over health of the game.

Should somebody decide to use it as normal income they should be made to suffer more so then if they choose to get a part time job at minimum wage.

Can't fix what ant broken! sweating is here to put a few peds in the hands of newcomers. its not going to replace depositing or to be a form of regular income to people who refuse to contribute to the over health of the game.

Should somebody decide to use it as normal income they should be made to suffer more so then if they choose to get a part time job at minimum wage.

Back into the forum and sad to see Wizz ( so I call him ) and particularly Magyar, banned.

It is universally a good thing to speak one's mind, however offensive and poorly judged those thoughts might be, though I am not able to see those thoughts;(

This said, on topic.

Sweat, sweating, free to play: foolishness for a game that has existed so long. Really very stupid.

There should be no thought of sweat prices because it should not exist, should have no need to exist. At all.

Do you go into McDonalds expecting to get a few fries for nothing, so that you might later invest enough for a Bigmac?

End of.

Sweat, sweating, free to play: foolishness for a game that has existed so long. Really very stupid.

There should be no thought of sweat prices because it should not exist, should have no need to exist. At all.

There are a lot of people (depositors) who probably would never have started playing the game if they couldn't try it by sweating first.

Do you go into McDonalds expecting to get a few fries for nothing, so that you might later invest enough for a Bigmac?

No, but I expect games with a "cost over time" (like most MMOs) to at least offer a trial period. For an RCE, sweat is a decent way to allow that without giving out too much free stuff at a cost for the company.

There are a lot of people (depositors) who probably would never have started playing the game if they couldn't try it by sweating first.

No, but I expect games with a "cost over time" (like most MMOs) to at least offer a trial period. For an RCE, sweat is a decent way to allow that without giving out too much free stuff at a cost for the company.

Sweating also good for new players to mix with players of all levels to have a better understanding of the game.

Sweating also good for new players to mix with players of all levels to have a better understanding of the game.

And this could be said of throwing people to wild beasts in Rome, but it didn't make it right.

Sweating has been so much part of EU, it seems impossible for some to imagine it isn't needed. For all those who may or may not have deposited after starting out at the bottom, many many people could or would have wandered around and then put some cash into it.

How many angels live on the end of a pin? What do we do about the price of sweat?

Answer: get some common sense.

many many people could or would have wandered around and then put some cash into it.

And many more will deposit if they actually get a chance to try the game before paying for it.

And this could be said of throwing people to wild beasts in Rome, but it didn't make it right.

Yeah sweating in a group with diffrent types of players who can give you plenty of advice on how to play a computer game, is just like puting a unarmed man in a ring with a wild bear. :scratch2:

Back