Suggestion: Should traps and other interesting Hunting Stuff be added into EU?

Should there be traps and other hunting methods added into EU?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Slightly Agree

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Slightly Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral - Have other opinions

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

SnowingMoon

Guardian
Rebecca Snow Taylor
I think right now the game needs a lot more trickery stuff added into game. In this game called fortnite where i used to play we have lots of booby traps, shields and stuff like that and it makes for a fun interactive experience. Also useful to distract pkers, like maybe we can upgrade decoy dispenser but instead of just using it to draw aggro, it can be used to be booby trapped or shoot a couple of rounds of ammo or mining, of course the decay will be much higher then normal hunting. And of course bombs would be a useful addition, by adding prof requirements and limit dmg it wont take away what grenadiers does. Or maybe a booby trap that slows down a monster or trap it for a short time ^^.

In the early years of entropia you could get skills in trapping, unless my memory fails me

It looks like the consensus is Boobies , please add that to the poll.

Picked slightly agree; I really like these ideas, but in the context of a certain game design framework I have in mind, which would take far too much explanation to describe here in any reasonable detail. I'll just say that I like the capacity to add more decisions and planning depth to what is possible given existing mechanics.

It seems obvious that a pet should be able to fight off a big mob and help you live to fight another day. Or have some other utility you can use other than buffs.

Long ago there were bombs in EU. Probes were used for mining enmatter and bombs were for mining ores. And if you didn't keep moving while dropping bombs they would damage you.

I voted for Slightly Agree depending on what type of trap. Would it be like a grass covered pit with a drop gate with sweetstuff in it to lure mobs?

..or more like a keyboard fail right at the worst possible time?

i think the "Decoy" sales of TT are near zero insce inception
i think that 99% of us play for loot and "fancy stuff" is not a
priority....
i admit the word "booby" is trapping me....

..or more like a keyboard fail right at the worst possible time?
Not if it's automatic. Then you could do mining while waiting for mobs to fall in. Later you would go back to the pit and loot the mob.

Back