Suggestion: Sick of bots

Pred

Dominant
Daniel Predator Skelland
Hi I'm not one to moan but it's really annoying trying to hunt especially with melee and you have somebody in the same area afk just auto shooting. This shit should not be be allowed by MA outside of a solo instance like Moloch's or mayhem etc (I'm fine with that).

[Moderated: Removed names]

Last edited by a moderator:
MA won't do nothing about it, they allow bots. Its just disrespectful doing it around people hunting. They should do it when alone or out of the way. It wouldn't matter then as there would be no interference.

MA won't do nothing about it, they allow bots. Its just disrespectful doing it around people hunting. They should do it when alone or out of the way. It wouldn't matter then as there would be no interference.
THey allow bots but they log them off when they disrupt other hunters. Did you try contracting the official?

I've seen a mining bot on Arkadia last week, that's not just a simple autoclicker since I can't imagine how one can mine with an autoclicker, must be a smart program running his avatar... Anyway, it's a big shame that MA doesn't care, can't imagine botters being good for business in any MMO, all they do is ruin the economy and profit off of that while making the game less attractive to potential new players/investors.

You could also try to switch to a lower dps gun. Make sure you attack first and let them get the kill. Then they're killstealing and thats ban worthy.

THey allow bots but they log them off when they disrupt other hunters. Did you try contracting the official?
I didn't know they would do that, thanks for next time.

Bots no different than another hunter. Don’t get why people care so much. Let them feed the loot.
I only care when they are distrupting my time in the game, like I said I'm not bothered with them doing it out of the way, or a in a solo instance. It does not affect me then.

Why do you think weapons that can shoot longest without intervention/repair are the most expensive(mod merc example)?

Botting is the way to play this game, there is even official that explained recently that they are unable to detect bots or do anything about it.

Support will not reply to case like that, also in game live support doesn't care most of the time.

Hi I'm not one to moan but it's really annoying trying to hunt especially with melee and you have somebody in the same area afk just auto shooting. This shit should not be be allowed by MA outside of a solo instance like Moloch's or mayhem etc (I'm fine with that).

on what mobs you found the person ?

Bots no different than another hunter. Don’t get why people care so much. Let them feed the loot.
I don't this this is true because it makes no sence. We pay to play this game because we enjoy the gameplay, when you're talking about a bot, there's no gameplay involved, so you're saying these people are paying NOT to play? Where's the logic in that? No, it's gotta be profitable, otherwise the game wouldn't be swarming with botters.

1) If they are interfering with your gameplay support will do something about it.

2) Kill stealing is not a bannable offense (unless it becomes griefing, then which case see 1)

I don't this this is true because it makes no sence. We pay to play this game because we enjoy the gameplay, when you're talking about a bot, there's no gameplay involved, so you're saying these people are paying NOT to play? Where's the logic in that? No, it's gotta be profitable, otherwise the game wouldn't be swarming with botters.
I pay to get skills and try ATH… I have a shit computer with rubbish graphics so play in safe mode.. I mine and hunt semi afk working paying little attention to the game…yet I still play

You could also try to switch to a lower dps gun. Make sure you attack first and let them get the kill. Then they're killstealing and thats ban worthy.
No, that's a misconception. A single shot first doesn't claim ownership of a mob. If it did MA would change things from the person that does the most damage being able to loot.

Sick of asshats crying KS because they take 1/100th a mobs hp, die then get pissed when I kill it after it agros me.

Big differnce between that and someone following you and rushing to kill something you've done significant damage to repeatedly.

"Bots are no different than another hunter."
yeah, they act exactly like any other hunter out there...............
Edit:

you're not worth the trouble, lol

Last edited:
Don't knock safe mode man. I use it. Safe mode offers less distractions and I get the added bonus of looking at something more appealing than ugly ass Viceroy.

No, that's a misconception. A single shot first doesn't claim ownership of a mob. If it did MA would change things from the person that does the most damage being able to loot.

Sick of asshats crying KS because they take 1/100th a mobs hp, die then get pissed when I kill it after it agros me.

Big differnce between that and someone following you and rushing to kill something you've done significant damage to repeatedly
Wow.. Sucks to be you.

Bots no different than another hunter. Don’t get why people care so much.

It is different though. With the current system for balancing drops, bots hunting for an avatar when that avatar otherwise would have been idle means less markup for "real" hunters.

Also, theres the competitive factor: if a lot of players bot, you too "have to" bot in order to not fall behind in progression.

I say "figure out a way to distinguish between a bot and an active player and get rid of bots"

Damn gotta love these guys.

6363up.jpg

That's when you contact in game MA official. They do take action as they interfere with your gameplay.
we where a few that connected to "hera" last night at the maffoid huts....she said thx for the info and then when i asked IF she could come and look in to RRKs gameplay....nothing. Didnt even bother to answer... My conclusion is that its safe and allowed to do what ever, when ever.....sux sooooo hard

1) If they are interfering with your gameplay support will do something about it.

2) Kill stealing is not a bannable offense (unless it becomes griefing, then which case see 1)
1, nope
2, see 1

Ive had them come and pull the guy out of there though

Just get a bigger weapon and kill steal their loot.

I would say the best thing for average player is just add a bunch of players to a team and team hunt the mob vs the afk player then you could take their loot 😉. It would be their fault.
thats a thing but MA made phasm shared lol

1. Change in interaction.
To expand the feature, if you are not in a party with someone and he shoots at a mob, even if he has made a hit, even if he is missed or evaded, then the next player just misses that mob when using the interact.

If he is on a team, it will be even easier if the Leader has started shooting at a target that is far away. In some cases, a mob is spawn closer and next player/s on the team often catches a second target.

So a small change in the interaction can solve some problems.

Regarding the bots... when someone dies in one place, however, he is in the game for the next 2, 3, 4 hours, it is a clear indicator for the AFK activity. Two years ago I made a topic for such a case, but because there have been friendships in this game for years, you find excuses in every single case. I mean, if your friend uses a bot, your opinion will be different than when someone else does.

And let's not be fooled, most players are vultures. They roam from one hunting ground to another not for the MU loot, but to look for activity. And when they find one, the conflict begins with them. If any of you decide to kill a mob I've been hunting for the last 2-3 hours, but there are 300 mobs in the field, and you prefer the ones next to me. And even more so when you starts shooting at a mob that I shoot, but with a big rifle, I think I have every right to do the same, right?

2. Auto hunting
The stupidity of the game, which requires a 24-hour hunt to differentiate itself from gambling itself, stems from MA. Therefore, since they can't handle this problem, but they don't want to change the dynamic shits, they can easily do automatic hunting. This is not new and is used by other games to solve the problem of bots.

Back