Significant drop in success rate

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in their successrate while crafting?

I usually get 45-47% crafting success (from a 90% BP) in my two main crafts, but today, I suddenly get no more than 35%... I have tried different BPs.

Yes --- I noticed the exact same thing --- I am hoping today is the fluke.

Just my guess...maybe its the migration? Maybe they've purposely lowered the payout to accommodate for the "big" one or something like that.

* Off Topic FYI: I felt that I had a reduced hit rate in mining after the migration started, but I didn't drop too many probes...so its hard to be conclusive....just a feeling though... *

Swings and roundabouts. This last weekend I had a couple of bad runs and several good ones including 3 HOFs. So I don't think there are any problems.

Just my guess...maybe its the migration? Maybe they've purposely lowered the payout to accommodate for the "big" one or something like that.

* Off Topic FYI: I felt that I had a reduced hit rate in mining after the migration started, but I didn't drop too many probes...so its hard to be conclusive....just a feeling though... *

IT's not just today. Since the patch the average TT return in mining has dropped 10%. It's the worst I've ever seen mining.

I believe crafting 'accounting principal' was changed... Now it only counts successes as successes. Where as before if I am not mistaken it counted near success as success too? Can anyone testify this?

Edit: Hmm I am actually in doubt about the principal used before now. Lets hear what you guys say.

/Sbinortz

It counts success only still... Mine went from about 42-44% success to about 32-34% so i stopped the crafting.

That also lowers my tt return on crafting by about 13% which is horrible.

So there are others who've felt it too huh? To be honest, I reckon I'll most probably stop my activities in-game or not log in until after the migration is over. Besides, I'm way out of reach from all these event thingys anyway...and if they affect my "normal" gameplay, then its only logical that I reduce what I'm doing and wait till its over, right?

On hindsight, it seems like its possible that they've done this to take away peds from us and divert them into the "creation of loot" for the longtooths and eomons? (Yup...just a speculation...no basis whatsoever)

Anyway, apart from crafting and mining, is hunting also affected? Any hunters out there care to comment? Like anything unusual? Perhaps maybe more no looters?

Anyway, apart from crafting and mining, is hunting also affected? Any hunters out there care to comment? Like anything unusual? Perhaps maybe more no looters?[/QUOTE]

After a long weekend hunting LT and exarosaur elites, I noticed a drop off in loot somewhere around midday MA time on Sunday. I was not too bothered as returns had been good up until then. So for a change I when back to hunt my high level grinding mob (eviscerators). The loot on 3 seperate runs was awful. The friend I had been teaming the LT's on went out on the Spiders and reported the same - terrible loot.

Looking at the Hall of fame listings, it appears that unless you are hunting migration mob, the loots from hunting are not going to be great. This could be that a lot of hunters are on the migration mobs or that loot is being diverted from normal mobs to fill the loot pool for the Eomon, LT and Exo Elites, who knows.

My teaming partner and I both agreed though that during the migration we will be staying away from mobs that are high risk, ie expensive to hunt. Incidentally I also noticed a lot more - no loot, blazaar and nova on mobs I would no expect to see these on very often.

Maybe the whole thing will even out once the intial excitement of the migration dies away and players start going back to their traditional playing styles. For the moment I will be keeping my eye on the chat log to see which mobs actually are dropping

happens to me a lot too......
sometimes i get 50% success WOOT

then 26% success rate.....

i just gotta roll with the punches.....

can't own it all :)

I have not seen anything different.

Crafting is a strange business. Imagine if Apple had a 45% success rate crafting iPhones! LOL

My understanding is that not even 45% of their iphones works correctly the guarantee time out.. So actually they would be even lower than 45% .... lol

OT: I've been experiencing the same on almost every migration I can remember, that's the one reason why I have not even logged in since migration started.. Will log in the day those mobs are removed again:)

Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in their successrate while crafting?

I usually get 45-47% crafting success (from a 90% BP) in my two main crafts, but today, I suddenly get no more than 35%... I have tried different BPs.

Yes, modloot ( ahem - a tricky subject).

Welcome to a readjustment of who you thought you were ingame.

And Strash, no, you cannot own it all, but it would be nice to think one had a grasp of some part of the thing.

Consistency = progress.

With my 250 minimum runs, I see a lot less fluctuation.

I too did a small run last night with a little over 2k clicks. Was getting about 60% return, but this almost seems normal for me in crafting :lolup:

Think I'ma stick to hunting for a while :silly2:

-MsP :girl:

Anyway, apart from crafting and mining, is hunting also affected? Any hunters out there care to comment? Like anything unusual? Perhaps maybe more no looters?

I hunted on Ark all weekend long and got many no looters and Novas. A lot more than usual. The Aakas instances I did were a nice loss too.

Exactly what he said.
Easy come, easy go:)

IT's not just today. Since the patch the average TT return in mining has dropped 10%. It's the worst I've ever seen mining.

Not sure if I should continue here, but over the time span from 4-july until now (22-july), I've hunted about 1k caraboks and I can confirm that there is a drop of about 10% in average TT returns from hunting them, just like what Neil observed in mining. So should be safe to assume that crafting returns may also be lowered by 10%.

All that I need now is to hunt another 1k caraboks after migration to see if there's any change and then we can say for at least some certainty that "Migration" affects tt returns. :laugh:

But then again, it may also be due to there being less activity (people decaying during migration) that may have caused this "reduction" in tt returns being observed? (Just so as to speak...but would contradict the higher CLD payouts being seen.)

Last edited:
Funny I come to complain about success rate and here's a new thread.
47 consecutive failed clicks on condition, not even one near success.
I don't remember having that many fails in a row before...

Is it volatile enough now? I don't really get it, why go to extremities with loot system, Mindark? The 2013 definition of dynamic is that you monkey around with loot system every another week? And never someone isn't happy and new whining thread pops up, and you listen and mess again with loot system.

Next time when you change loot system why don't you think about basic game dynamics such as pacing, progressive unlocks and reward schedules etc.

im having under 30% success rate.. alot of near successes.. also heard from others that the success rate is shit atm

I confirm dropping a success rate
28-30% on UL BP
32-39% on Limited BP
Too many near success, therefore real output or items decreased up to 40-50% versus before a patch

I'm crafting generic leather qr is 100 success rate is at 95%. ever since migration started success rate is now at 45% I hope its a bug.

2500 clicks basic sheet metal cant see a dif , seeing whi is the OP of the post its prolly a load of crap again...

Crafting is a strange business. Imagine if Apple had a 45% success rate crafting iPhones! LOL

Yeah, or if MA was getting 45% success making CLD...

Lower crafting results here too clearly noticeable.
Unusual number of no loots this week end made me stopped too bored,
even after so many runs.

A Universe with 1 planet, Calypso (and 1 god).

I find during the few events ive actually cycled some decent ped recently that loot is much more volatile. It was the case with migration also. Tracked all my results. I hit one big hof which brought me fairly close to 90% and thanks to mark up got me a decent profit. But Ive stoped now cause running around mining with d-class amps is to stressful at the moment. :)

2500 clicks basic sheet metal cant see a dif , seeing whi is the OP of the post its prolly a load of crap again...

minus rep for that.

I find it appaling that you even post such blatant hostile, rude and unfounded personal attacks. If you had read above, you would clearly have noticed I am not the only one seeing a clear decline in results. And fyi: my post is based upon a spreadsheet with all my crafting included.

You could have saved yourself the embarrasement of posting what you posted, and could have avoided looking like a rather impolite individual.

Could it be that when we have events or other high activity in game, code for the the "refilling of the loot pool" can't keep up with the loots? And that could cause this up and downs in the loot/success rate? I'm not sure myself if it actually are worse now, it have always been up and down, but yesterday was a bad day.

I have been tracking almost every run since the crafting UI change (around may).

These are all Quantity only runs and most of them very high QR if not maxxed.
I had a run today with 3 success out of 15 on a 100 QR print, in which I am overskilled as you can see. Many like it lately for me as well. The high success rates since July are mostly low(1-2) click runs, while most of the low % rates are the high 10+ click runs.

Here is a chart that shows a change right around the 14th of July.......
http://www.lundsys.com/Entropia/member_successchart.php

That is what I know and see anyhow.

Back