Skill Implante: Need clarifications!

actam

Prowler
Society
PhoenixOmega
Actam actam MacNoir
I did try hard to understand the mechanics of skill implant.
But i'm very very dumb.:(

Could someone helpful uber give me some infos?

I get confused on ESIs and skill level gain and what you get in return (esi, tt value...). I did search but there are old and new threds...

I did suggest a tutorial in the tutorial contents gut not got responce...:(
Any info is useful.

Tks in advance.

48 views and no reply????:(

Please, entropian ppl, be kind with a demented noob....:rolleyes:

..guess some of us 48 viewers were looking to see if the second post told us and you the answer :)

what are you looking for?

a how to insert extract skills?

how many lvls you increase of x tt skill chip?

how much skills are needed to fill one xped tt esi?

or are you asking about the changes in the last VU?

i think we need a dirct question to answer

i think we need a dirct question to answer

I'd like to skill in some evade (or any other chunting skills).
I'm a total noob on this matter.

If (if) I do buy a chip on auction, after that what is the procedure?
(inserter, left-over, etc...).
I do understand that the levels i get are on the description of the chip...
There is a direct ratio between TT value of ESI and skill level gained (full, 1/2full, empty chips...)

Tks for any small info...

if you buy a chip in au u will need:
from TT: in sergical : an Payn-Inc Implant Inserter and an egg =) (implant)
first equip the inserter and implant the egg
then implant the skill chip.

the esi tt value is tied to the volume of skills yes and max tt is 1250ped
if u in AU klick the skill implant u will find out how much it will increase your skill lvl

Be careful though, if you're a disciple you're not allowed to chip skills until after graduation.

BB

Be careful though, if you're a disciple you're not allowed to chip skills until after graduation.

BB

I've passed disciple stage (to much time with an opalo in hand with no one to talk, sob sob...).
Or must I have a certain prof level to chip in (or out...)?

I've passed disciple stage (to much time with an opalo in hand with no one to talk, sob sob...).
Or must I have a certain prof level to chip in (or out...)?

as long as your not a deciple ur safe

u will need:

I'm not 100% sure since I always had mine, but arent eggs only used for MF chips, so if u wanna just put in skills u dont need one?

Well, the skill implant system is pretty easy to learn, once You know what's it about.

ESI - Empty Skill Implant (ESIs have different values, up to 1250 ped TT value)

Skills - You know what they are, right? :p

Chipping skills in:
Let's say You want to eat a Rifle Skill implant. Just find one (right clicking on implant already filled by someone will tell You how many levels in Rifle skill You will gain. Let's say (pure figuring atm) You have 2.000 Rifle Skill.
Inserting a 12 ped Rifle Skill Implant will give You like 500 levels more. So after chipping in, You will have 2.500 Rifle levels.
But if You have 3.000 Rifle skills, chiping in the same TT value Rifle implant will give You only ~200 levels.
That's because the higher lvl You are, the less You get from the same tt value skill implant.

Chipping out:
Let's say You have 5.000 Rifle Skill and You have an ESI with TT value of 160 Peds. You want to chip out some of Your Rifle Skill. With the chipping out process, if You decide to do all Your Rifle levels,
You'll be left with:
1) ~135 ped TT Rifle Skill Implant
2) ~25 ped TT ESI.

That's because of two things:
Your Rifle level was not enough to fill the whole chip (160 ped TT)
You got the difference between 160 ped ESI and 135 filled chip of 25 ped TT ESI.

Hmz, hope it helped a bit ^^

if you buy a chip in au u will need:
[...]

BS.

I'm not 100% sure since I always had mine, but arent eggs only used for MF chips, so if u wanna just put in skills u dont need one?

Correct. You even have to take out the egg-look implant if You want to insert skill implant.

Last edited:
Correct. You even have to take out the egg-look implant if You want to insert skill implant.
wrong, u have 3 slots to put stuff...if u have 3 eggs in then yes u'r right. else nope that's incorrect

Im not quite following your comment (no offense).

Yes there are three slots, but you cant have two eggs in at once, i just tried as i have been waiting to get a 1-9 Egg.

If you are just implanting / removing skills, no egg is required.

ok sorry half the post was right it seems. what i mainly meant what was mega said, no need to put/remove an egg to insert/extract skills.

sorry about the 3 eggs thing always thought u could have more then one in :scratch2:

I dont know but i chiped out some skills and i should get back a 7 ped tt ESI but got 7ped in peds back... and i bought my ESI at 1k% got screwed on 63ped and lost most of the profit from selling the skills...:yay:

(i included the egg cause i didnt know realy but u can have an egg implanted when inserting and extracting skillls)

if you check out the vu listing of when they changed the way ESI works, it explains the new system. When an ESI is used, if it has less than 10 PED TT value leftover after the skill transfer, then the remainder is returned in PED. so, when a esi is near the 10 ped mark, its best to either fill it up completely or sell it off.

Back