Info: Skill in space nerfed to 50% gain of pre-vu rate

Konvicted

Elite
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
Hey,

From few hours testing i'm able to expose a bug in space, all captain profession skill related are nerfed up to 50% of what you'd have gained pre-vu.
Please fix :confused:

is it a bug or did they fix a bug / unintended feature and skill gains are now what they should be ?

is it a bug or did they fix a bug / unintended feature and skill gains are now what they should be ?

Listen to that..
Aaaaaand where is the bug fix announcement?

What is the point of these if skills are nerfed to 50%??

Neurobiotic Boosters
Each Neurobiotic Booster A5 5mg consumable item increases skill gains in all professions by 50% after being consumed, and lasts for 5 hours of logged-in time. The timer is paused while the avatar who has consumed the booster item is logged out of Entropia Universe. Unconsumed booster items are non-tradable.

Each Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg consumable item increases skill gains in all professions by 50% after being consumed, and lasts for 10 hours of logged-in time. The timer is paused while the avatar who has consumed the booster item is logged out of Entropia Universe. Unconsumed booster items are non-tradable.

Increase or restore?

Read also here: <click>

I can bet 5ped that mob you used to skill captain on have their Level reduced in half now (+-10%).

It seems that it is a "feature" not a bug.

Falagor
:bandit:

From what i've heard its not only in space.....

Read also here: <click>

I can bet 5ped that mob you used to skill captain on have their Level reduced in half now (+-10%).

It seems that it is a "feature" not a bug.

Falagor

nope doubt it is that, the scale is huge for a difference of L4 a mob + same dmg

nope doubt it is that

Well caraboks used to give huge amounts of evade skill too - now they give much less. As far as i know captain is evade in space - thats why i made the assumption.

Falagor

Yep they nerfed the caraboks on Ark too :(

No, they rebalanced the Caraboks on Ark because they used to be ridiculously unbalanced when it came to skillgains vs level.

Hey,

From few hours testing i'm able to expose a bug in space, all captain profession skill related are nerfed up to 50% of what you'd have gained pre-vu.

pls fix this asap

Hey,

I guess it had to come at some point, all mobs get tuned down after their initial opportunity time.
So where are the new higher level mobs mindark ?

Yep they nerfed the caraboks on Ark too :(

No, they rebalanced the Caraboks on Ark because they used to be ridiculously unbalanced when it came to skillgains vs level.

Arkadia official, Chris, said that only display lvl is changed, nothing else.

2013-01-22 13:54:59 [Local] [Arkadia Official Chris] and yes there has been a change in the mob lvl displays
2013-01-22 13:55:41 [Local] [Sutko] Chris, will caraboks still give same skill gains?
2013-01-22 13:56:02 [Local] [Arkadia Official Chris] yes nother changed to the mobs exept the lvl that is displayed

Well wouldn't surprise me if people jumped to conclusions based on that... Even if no change has been made to skill gains, there should be. :coffee:

2013-01-22 13:54:59 [Local] [Arkadia Official Chris] and yes there has been a change in the mob lvl displays
2013-01-22 13:55:41 [Local] [Sutko] Chris, will caraboks still give same skill gains?
2013-01-22 13:56:02 [Local] [Arkadia Official Chris] yes nother changed to the mobs exept the lvl that is displayed

Hahahahaha...

1) Skill gains are reduced - tested... others have tested it too (TT wise not just stupid skillpoints).
2) Loot has changed. Like i said before: eye oil -> muscle oil, socket II -> socket I, and change in enhancers/components type drop.

Is he on Quarry atm? I want to talk with him in person...

Either big phat lie or they are not even aware f the problem.

Falagor

Hahahahaha...

1) Skill gains are reduced - tested... others have tested it too (TT wise not just stupid skillpoints).
2) Loot has changed. Like i said before: eye oil -> muscle oil, socket II -> socket I, and change in enhancers/components type drop.

Is he on Quarry atm? I want to talk with him in person...

Either big phat lie or they are not even aware f the problem.

Falagor

You are entirely correct, skills are nerfed across the board on any mob that has had it's threat level changed. The loot has also changed as you stated and I very seriously doubt Chris would have any idea about it and is only repeating what he has been told by MA.

Looks like this is the way they will get their tax back from removing the armour equiping fee...

Caraboks from lev 10 to 4, Halix young from 9 to 4

They give much less skills now too (caraboks give roughly 60% less TT skills wise)... this is start of the slow death of Arkadia.

screw the looks... they nerfed the hell out of mobs so that skill gains are a shit ton less now. now its going to be even more difficult to reach the ubers. yay! go mindark... ........... :scratch2:

Well, the classic Mind-Dark technic,
focus our attention somewhere, pretend they did things for us,
and in our back hide another "reballance/adjust" feature to make the game even more expensive
which will result in lowering the valuable items, lower our abilities (skills),
and make sure the money stays in game (in their pocket).

I can confirm, that skill gains are nerfed around 50%, in my case I was testing it on Halix, with opalo+a101 (2678 shots), day before update I was advancing avrg 14% in Laser Sniper (Hit), now in this run I have moved only 7%.

Bye Arkadia, just to be clear, I think that it's still nice skill gain for opalo and that amount of shots at lvl 29 laser sniper, but what insults me is answer on my direct question, where it's been clearly answered that there was no other change on mobS except lvl that is displayed.

What is the point of these if skills are nerfed to 50%??

Neurobiotic Boosters
Each Neurobiotic Booster A5 5mg consumable item increases skill gains in all professions by 50% after being consumed, and lasts for 5 hours of logged-in time. The timer is paused while the avatar who has consumed the booster item is logged out of Entropia Universe. Unconsumed booster items are non-tradable.

Each Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg consumable item increases skill gains in all professions by 50% after being consumed, and lasts for 10 hours of logged-in time. The timer is paused while the avatar who has consumed the booster item is logged out of Entropia Universe. Unconsumed booster items are non-tradable.

Increase or restore?

Assuming that you are right about number saying that skillgains are only 50% of what they used to be, eating pill will only boost skillgains to 75% of what they used to be before nerf.....

based only on a ~1k ped run on big feffs (so maybe not a definitive proof), i've noticed a decrease of skill gains too.

somewhere around 10-15% less skill TT volume. and their threat level has been lowered too, fwiw...

In fact we had 2 Major VU in same time,

The VU 13.0 : MAjor Fuck Up of the skill system by 50%
Similar to the vu 7.4 which at its time completly destroyed Project Entropia.
In fact, it was just the new reballance (now all VUs got 1)...

and the VU 14.0, the avatar system,
which was not their priority as they focallized on the VU13,
knowing they would have time to improve it after and certainly thinking forums will focus on it.
(what they are doing all the time).

After this, if noone notice anything, things will continue like that.
If people notice things, and a Mass Community yells about it,
they will pretend that was a "bug", apology,
but that doesnt change the fact that we will never recover things like they were.
Instead of a 50% nerf, we'll get a 35% nerf (and the 15% left the vu after)...
Yeah, the classic Mind-Dark.

You are entirely correct, skills are nerfed across the board on any mob that has had it's threat level changed. The loot has also changed as you stated and I very seriously doubt Chris would have any idea about it and is only repeating what he has been told by MA.

Looks like this is the way they will get their tax back from removing the armour equiping fee...

In other news, Atrox hit harder, Aurli hit more often and big Berycled regen faster.

You know, I would not be surprised if skilling was decreased on all mobs. Can someone find a mob whose L number hasn't changed and see if skilling has changed?

Assuming that you are right about number saying that skillgains are only 50% of what they used to be, eating pill will only boost skillgains to 75% of what they used to be before nerf.....

oh yes thats about right, how could i have done such a mistake (i'll blame if on the low sleeping time i had)

Well at the same time im 7.3 HA on ewe ep-41 at level 54 handgun (was 5.4 before). So it's not all bad.

Well at the same time im 7.3 HA on ewe ep-41 at level 54 handgun (was 5.4 before). So it's not all bad.

if it stays ... and if skill gains are really nerfed, it will piss off people very much in two different ways.

NO, i'm not whilling to let things go over a boosted HA, while i'm here discussing the evader profession skilling..
I also DO NOT appreciate things being adjusted without a proper announcement!

It was already nerfed and hard to skill on my list, now it's a re-nerfed nerf.. what next, no skill gain at all?

In other news, Atrox hit harder, Aurli hit more often and big Berycled regen faster.

And I will add to that that I can confirm that Cyclops hit harder, and Old Jack hit harder, so there was not only universe-wide skill nerfs slipped into this update, but a universe-wide increase in armor decay, more deaths, more mob regen, and higher healing bill.

Back