Question: Skill Mod Enhancer....

It increases your skill lvl by .5 of 1 level. So 5 would increase your skill lvl by 2.5

Last edited:
It increases your skill lvl by .5 of 1 level. So 5 wouldn increase your skill lvl by 2.5

and that brings the SIB and the MAX down...

so someone could SIB on rainbow at lvl 63.5 (66-2.5)
and could max it at 69.5

Is it correct you have maxed the Rainbow? If so, adding Skill Enhancers would have no effect for you. But if you sold a Tier 5 one to someone at Level 68.5, they would max it.

There is also the question of different Hit and Dmg levels. Mine differ by 2 levels (59 Hit, 57 Dmg), so to get the full benefit of a Skill Enhancer, my Hiit would have to be more that 0.5 below the Max; but then my Dmg would still be 2.0 below its Max even after adding an Enhancer, so I shouldn't be using the weapon anyway.

But I think you have a UL Rainbow. I criticised MA when Enhancers were introduced for once again favouring ranged weapons because I can't see how Enhancers can be practical on an L melee weapon - they simply wear out too fast to keep adding an Enhancer as each Tier is unlocked. Even on a UL SiB one there is a window of 5 levels where they are usable (though this is a long time at Rainbow level).

But nor do I understand how they can be fairly priced when the effect of a Skill Enhancer is 20 times greater on a SIB weapon than on an old UL one. Do they break 20 times less often on an old UL, or is it simply uneconomic to use them on one? (I don't even believe I've seen tests of their cost-benefit on a SIB weapon).

Weapon Skill Enhancers seem to be a lot more complex than at first glance, and I think you have to have a particular combination of skills to use them, as well as having a good understanding.

Last edited:
and that brings the SIB and the MAX down...

so someone could SIB on rainbow at lvl 63.5 (66-2.5)
and could max it at 69.5

Is it correct you have maxed the Rainbow? If so, adding Skill Enhancers would have no effect for you. But if you sold a Tier 5 one to someone at Level 68.5, they would max it.

But I think you have a UL Rainbow. I criticised MA when Enhancers were introduced for once again favouring ranged weapons because I can't see how Enhancers can be practical on an L melee weapon - they simply wear out too fast to keep adding an Enhancer as each Tier is unlocked. Even on a UL SiB one there is a window of 5 levels where they are usable (though this is a long time at Rainbow level).

But nor do I understand how they can be fairly priced when the effect of a Skill Enhancer is 20 times greater on a SIB weapon than on an old UL one. Do they break 20 times less often on an old UL, or is it simply uneconomic to use them on one?

i have it maxed by a mile but the loots been total shit and i am bored with depoing... I am going to chip out some skills wanted to know how much i can chip out before i can not longer use the rainbow

Back