Skill NEEDED to resurect?

GOOSE

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer but aiming high :)
Ian Goose Macdonald
Hi guys, a quick one.

Can a res chip even be used withought gaining the required lvl, even if success chance would be low?

Been thinking about unlocking the OOOooOOooooooOOOoo`s, but i have never skilled Bio. Do i need to, or can i try many times withought the skills?

I`m guessing i`ll need the skill otherwise more people would do it. but thought i`d ask :)

Cheers

I think Mindark made a typo with "Recomended level" - it should be "Required level". :(

(ie as far as I know you can't use anything without having reached the 'Recomended level')

Ahh ok, So i`ll eat a big Bio chip, unlock, then chip out and cost myself 10%.

Recon thats the way for those who dont have the inclenation to skill for months towards it, or the ped to chip in and leave in :)

Ty for fast response.

yep, you nead to skill (or chip) up to lvl 14 before you can use it. Recomend to skill, you will get some more skills from that then bio

i see from e-pedia that bio is 50% of biotropian and reviver. i assume that reviver is the one needed to be at the LVL 14 (both professioins have same skills and %'s).

what would be the best and quickest way to up those? is it simple MF healing? and if that is the only way is there any advantages to having that naturally skilled vs. using a bio chip?

it seems that MF is not that great to be skilled in and takes a really long time to get anywhere in it, how long is one looking to have to skill to reach the LVL 14 point?

just confirming it's lvl 14 in the revivver profetion

Eron²;964821 said:
i see from e-pedia that bio is 50% of biotropian and reviver. i assume that reviver is the one needed to be at the LVL 14 (both professioins have same skills and %'s).

what would be the best and quickest way to up those? is it simple MF healing? and if that is the only way is there any advantages to having that naturally skilled vs. using a bio chip?

it seems that MF is not that great to be skilled in and takes a really long time to get anywhere in it, how long is one looking to have to skill to reach the LVL 14 point?

Biotropian and reviver are the same levels in PS but officially it's the reviver PS that is required.

It took me a year of skilling to get lvl 14, 6 months of which were just casual healing of sweaters at Camp Phoenix and the second 6 months were a more concerted effort at skilling healing. Cost wise I don't think there's much in it if you want to chip upto level 14 compared with the natural approach. The main loss by chipping is the additional skills you would have gained along the way while skilling your bio.

If you only want to learn ESL and have no real interest in MF healing then you should probably just chip it in, use a res chip and chip it out again, that would be the cheapest and quickest way assuming you have around 4K ped to buy the skills required.

I have kept my skills as I enjoy the healing ability and I am forever optomistic about obtain a res chip for myslef at some point in the future :D

ESL is a neat party trick but other than hear newbie sweaters curse or smartarse comments in PvP zones has no real practical use if no-one else around you has it either.

skilling upto 1700 in bio did it for me

Using the chipping tool, i need to eat (overestimating aswell to make sure :D) a 14ped TT bio chip to get lvl14.

Then i can unlock and chip it back out and get some ped back.

Seems a good way to get it withought skilling for months, or having 2.5k tied up in a skill i dont/wont use i only want the OOooOOoooOo`s

What you guys think?

skilling upto 1700 in bio did it for me

It was 2 - 2.1k bio for me, mainly cos my other MF skills from sweating, TPing and focus etc were fairly low so hadn't contributed much to Concentration.

It was 2 - 2.1k bio for me, mainly cos my other MF skills from sweating, TPing and focus etc were fairly low so hadn't contributed much to Concentration.

I was trying to unlock my powerfull heal and it came about the same time, I was able to use a good tp chip (VERY bad COS tho) so I guess my psy helped alot

here were my skills when I unlocked PC (and rev and powerfull heal)

kygon_pc_stats.jpg

Psyche was 37.5 I suspect this helped alot!

*Plays Top Trumps with Kygon*

PC unlocked for me the week after I got level 14, skills at time are below, Psyche was just over 39.

PowerCat_646466.jpg

Not much difference in most MF skills so probably a big difference in key General Skills helping Kygon unlock at lower bio :)

I have a tt 10.92 Bio chip for sale in another thread. I believe I was at lvl 16 when I chipped it. Price is very low at 2.1k. It should get you very close after the 10% loss.

Cheers Red, I would need to wack another little chip in @ that, which wouldnt be a problem if one in auction, however i`m not looking at doing it till end of the month so yours will be sold and there may be one in auction, but thanks for pointing it out :)

Cheers everyone

PC unlocked for me this week, skills are:

biotropy 739
Concentration 1412
Power Catalyst 2
Psychotropy 1860
Pyrotropy 1
Sweat Gatherer 113

just thought the comparison might be interesting

PC unlocked for me this week, skills are:

biotropy 739
Concentration 1412
Power Catalyst 2
Psychotropy 1860
Pyrotropy 1
Sweat Gatherer 113

just thought the comparison might be interesting

is that chipped conc?

i must have chipped some concentration i think, yes. don't recall how much though, maybe half. my irl concentration is not that good!

Someone has a clue on how to skill Biotropy fast without chipping?

Someone has a clue on how to skill Biotropy fast without chipping?

I've never done it myself. But from what I've heared it's bigger chip = faster skills. I can't tell you if bigger chip = cheaper skills, though (probably not). :)

ie stand in an area where a lot of people resurrect such as Neas or Swamp Camp and heal as much as possible.

Using the chipping tool, i need to eat (overestimating aswell to make sure :D) a 14ped TT bio chip to get lvl14.

Then i can unlock and chip it back out and get some ped back.

Seems a good way to get it withought skilling for months, or having 2.5k tied up in a skill i dont/wont use i only want the OOooOOoooOo`s

What you guys think?
I did it like that, then noticed an increase in my fapping skills, so left the skills in after all. :D I never did chip them out again! :laugh:

I've never done it myself. But from what I've heared it's bigger chip = faster skills. I can't tell you if bigger chip = cheaper skills, though (probably not). :)

ie stand in an area where a lot of people resurrect such as Neas or Swamp Camp and heal as much as possible.

Ehm, I asked what action I should perform in game, to achieve most biotropy skill, without wasting too much peds..

Hi..If you want to start to resurect you need 1600 in Bio skill but then you are. :newbie:

Skill gain is related to ped burn. So you buy the most ped-burning/sec chip you can.

There is no fast way, except to stand in twin, swamp camp, neas and heal for weeks.

Yes.

Weeks.

Alternatively (do you want to skil bio or unlock resurrrection?) you skill power catalyst with a higher burn attack chip and the levels come much quicker.

Hit 14.4 level bio (profession) and you can start using the powerful heal chip.

Skill more? Continually perform resurrections. OR skill psycho by continually opening wormholes. (highest pedburn/sec )

Biotropy and Concentration are not the only skills related to Reviver..

The skills which effect your levels are:

Biotropy, Concentration, Psyche, Dexterity, Serendipity, Bravado, Courage....
I think that is it.

The % that these skills help is undetermined and low but having helped a few people to do their unlocks so far by giving them my skills on a chip so they could do the unlock I had some insight into the other skills.

Some of the higher skilled players were at lvl 5 reviver with little or no biotropy skill.

These players reached lvl 15 by inserting a 9.5ped bio chip approximately.

those who had lower amounts of reviver skill had to eat a little dex or seren to tip them over the top.

I skilled my bio naturally at Nea's on the sweaters and the skilling moves along something like this...

0-100 bio minor heal chip SLOW....

100-400 minor(1 ME) moves along a little faster (medium 2 ME) a few more skill gains but small heals.

400-800 medium heal chip reasonably fast gains feels good ....

800 I moved to the moderate chip but found that it was only doing well til around the 900 mark when it started to give me long runs of no skill.

The potent chip was the real skill changer which pushed me to lvl 14 at a good pace without too many long runs of skilless heals.

A few things I learnt along the way is healing in the field seemed to increase the amount of skill being gained and I would kill some of the dry to change the skill cycle.
If I was having a long run of no skill I would go and kill a few ambu til I had gained skill in a few other areas then come back..this seemed to work for me.

If you have any questions that I may not have covered here ask and I will do my best to answer.

Echo

Biotropy and Concentration are not the only skills related to Reviver..

The skills which effect your levels are:

Biotropy, Concentration, Psyche, Dexterity, Serendipity, Bravado, Courage....
I think that is it.

The % that these skills help is undetermined and low but having helped a few people to do their unlocks so far by giving them my skills on a chip so they could do the unlock I had some insight into the other skills.

Some of the higher skilled players were at lvl 5 reviver with little or no biotropy skill.

These players reached lvl 15 by inserting a 9.5ped bio chip approximately.

those who had lower amounts of reviver skill had to eat a little dex or seren to tip them over the top.

Thanks for the explain Echo

I tried JDgree's Chipping Optimizer and found I need a 4.79ped Bio ESI to go to rank 14 in Bio.

from my 2 tests (one below 1k bio, one now at 1400) the minor heal is better in skill gain per ped than the med heal (which has the same decay but uses 1 more ME)

since i looted a powerful heal chip back in the days which i try to unlock atm, i will do this experiment again, but for now i am pretty sure that the minor heal has the best skill per ped rate

i wouldn't be surprised if the skill gain per time is better as well (since you have to heal more for the same heal, more chances for skill gain)
although, that i didn't test, since my approach to skill isn't about time, more about skill per ped

hence

Ehm, I asked what action I should perform in game, to achieve most biotropy skill, without wasting too much peds..
if my guess is right, you skilled melee a bit, so you already got bravado

consider to get, depending on your finances and healing tactics a minor heal (or bigger) to heal yourself after a fight

at least that would save fap cost (since i don't know what you hunt, armor cost as well maybe if the mob is low enough or you go down to a lower armor to have more need for heal)

see it that way, when you heal sweaters at Swamp Camp or Nea's, you save nothing at all
(sounds a bit harsh though, but when you got enough of them jumping up and down infront of you, pushing others away to be healed first and then shouting "HEAL!11!!" or so, you lose patience overtime)

Skill gain is related to ped burn. So you buy the most ped-burning/sec chip you can.
problem here is that the ME doesn't count as ped burned, just the tt of the "ammo"

an ex disciple of mine got from lvl pretty much 1 to ~8 now in say 2 weeks
and he didn't heal that long at swamp camp

my approach with healing myself is far slower #D

anyway, the chipping or natural question is such a thing

yes, you get side skills, but do you need those?

interesting one is courage
bravado for melee ppl, but generally a quite useless skill for all others

concentration is interesting, and it might even rise to an amount you can chip out later to sell (if you want to sell your bio and leave MF after that anyway)

Psyche can't be chipped, but has at least a (very) small effect on HP if i am not mistaken

besides, for the records

i am now at 1400 pts in bio, around lvl 13 biotropian (i skilled melee, so i back it up with some skills there, also sweated a lot) and have ~1100 conc
and around 800-900 came from sweating (SG skill 2400) ^^

anyway, hf :)

problem here is that the ME doesn't count as ped burned, just the tt of the "ammo"

Yeah good point i didn't make it clear that it is "TT burned" not "ped burned" thanks for pointing that out.

I unlocked PC when I reached a lil over 39 psyche.

Unlocking it willtake you a loooong time to do it naturally. Now at lvl 16 reviver, still want to unlock etheral but now I need the 30k peds or so for colateral :laugh:

And btw even tho skilling MF is knowned to be erm... rather useless and costy, I find that skilling MF cost me way less per hours played than hunting. Basically a good way for me to spend time in game actually doing something and not spending Ks on ammo :rolleyes:

if my guess is right, you skilled melee a bit, so you already got bravado

consider to get, depending on your finances and healing tactics a minor heal (or bigger) to heal yourself after a fight

at least that would save fap cost (since i don't know what you hunt, armor cost as well maybe if the mob is low enough or you go down to a lower armor to have more need for heal)

According to Chipping Optimizer where I import the skills stored in Entropedia - which is rather outdated - but these fitting approx:
bio.gif

I would need that 5.16ped ESI for this...

But ofcourse with an market cost of Bio about 17.000% I'd rather skill up, which is why I ask.

I have an medium heal chip that I heal in between scipulors with, but UR125/SK80 while fighting 'em.

* I know I do best when healing others or myself in combat or dangerous zones
* I know that its related to most decaying chip / or ME burning chip.

Now would anyone hunt some mobs while I mindess heal you - ofcourse free of charge ( And yea I can handle myself in most situations) ;-)

Back