News: Skillin' Villains Haunted Castle

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
1-sv-hc-header.jpg

2-sv-hc-header.jpg

Back Row: Compusmurf, Archman, Oleg, Alexander (Neutrino-X)
Front Row: Cherries Jubilee, Falc, SoftHart​

On Sunday, October 25th at 15:00 in-world time, the Entropia community was introduced to the First Annual Skillin' Villains Haunted Castle, and to King GonG, Lord of Darkness, who claims to be the Master of the Creatures who dwell in the darkness.

This introduction took place at the Castle of Death (Deathifier's mansion) on Treasure Island. The story goes that King GonG has existed for centuries, and long before any modern age with its conveniences and luxuries. It is said that King GonG's insatiable appetite has kept him seeking new subjects, and with Halloween close at hand, this Lord of Darkness has risen from a long rest and invited his next potential victims into the darkness. However, he also warns us to avoid the inhabitants that dwell there.

The estate looked quite normal the day before with sunshine, blue skies and whispy clouds overhead. Even as the day progressed into evening everything seemed as it should with a peaceful feeling during dusk and the rising of the Calypso moon above the castle.

However, the night became progressively eerie as the Calypso moon moved slowly across the sky. Vapors in muted colors seemed to have been drawn into the night sky, like exhaled breath in the dead of cold. Strange sounds could be heard from a distance, fading only with what seemed to be a rustling coming from within the castle walls.

6-sv-hc.jpg

As the eerie night and the moon gave way to a rising sun, it became even more apparent that something was not quite right, and this was not going to be an ordinary day. More prominent sounds were coming from within the castle, and the lake next to the estate was shrouded in a thick milky-colored mist.

7-sv-hc.jpg

It was only upon approaching the courtyard of the castle that intentions of King GonG, Lord of Darkness were made clear. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

8-sv-hc.jpg

Fire breathed from the entrance of the castle.

9-sv-hc.jpg

Attempts to keep visitors away were made.

It gave one pause as to whether or not it was worth intruding on this obvious hostile environment, but curious lot that we are, there was no keeping us from quenching our desire to know what lurked within this haunted darkness.

Many felt that if they dressed themselves as goulish as possible, and/or carried their own deadly weapons, that it might save them from any potentially horrifying experience.

George Ace Skywalker - SoftHart - Compusmurf & Blood Moon

GenX - Adam Heineken - David Westmoreland

Perhaps it may have been a bit of a saving grace, as many survived not only the moaning, groaning, and crying, but the maze that had been constructed in a previously empty room in the castle. While navigating the maze in the darkness, one was met with the eerie sounds of what could only be considered to be the spirits of the dead. The whimpering and crying-out was often muffled with what seemed to be cannon fire. Flashes of light illuminated the otherwise dreary confines of the darkness.

16-sv-hc.jpg

17-sv-hc.jpg

Photos adjusted for viewing only,
the environment was actually very dark.

Desire, DJ from Atlas Haven Radio provided music to somewhat help soothe everyone’s frazzled nerves, but even she was found to be in danger as the penetrating sounds of the night air were driving visitors mad.

18-sv-hc.jpg

As the night progressed, it became clear that the creatures of darkness were not happy that their domain was being invaded by the curious. At one point, a couple of them were barring the doorway of the castle and blocking visitors, killing them if they should attempt to enter.

19-sv-hc.jpg

It seemed even their own were not safe in this frenetic environment, and a swift example was presented to all as a message to not risk entrance into the deep, dark passageways of the castle to invade this once-a-year rise from sleep of King GonG.

20-sv-hc.jpg

It was later learned that this particular creature of the night who swiftly lost his life had broken the Hallowed Rules by joining in a dance group moving in rhythm to the sounds provided by DJ Desire. There's something about night music around Halloween that captures your spirit, and it seems that the melodic sounds held the attention of this creature long enough to join in the festive moment, ultimately to his detriment.

21-sv-hc.jpg

Make no mistake, the message is loud and clear … Beware, be very aware of the dangers that lie within. There is no question that there are things going bump in the night, and that King GonG, Lord of Darkness has called upon the inhabitants of the castle grounds to walk in death as we approach this annual All Hallows Eve.

There is more, as wildlife outside of the castle walls seem to also be drawn to the darkness in some state of aggressive behavior. The warning is clear ... if you dare to enter this realm of darkness and risk your senses, do so carefully, because ...

Even Entropians Gone Mad Await You
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

22-sv-hc.jpg

Last edited:
:) Great article, I especially love the picture of me :D

i killed that foul... lolz :yay:

awesome new article MS9!! enjoyed the read! i'm going to go take a walk through the castle now!! - ; )

Great Article Mindstar! The Grand Opening was a blast!

Archman and crew did a great job sitting it up! The night cycle made it even better, cause it was really dark in there :eek:

Ohhhh and Moonie was bad ass in his costume :thumbup:

Great report MS9 :wtg:
Thank you for sharing with the ones that could not make it their selves.

Gotta watch out for that King Gong...he'll steal your lootz :cool:
Great Story MS9 :wtg:

great article ms9!!!
YOU ROCK!

{no need for that}

Last edited by a moderator:
If you didn't make it to the grand opening there is still time for a good fright. The Castle will be open all week during the night cycles at Treasure Island TP.

DJ Bane will be haunting the castle with his ghoulish selections from 12:00 to 15:00 Wednesday.

DJ Moogle tunes will make you jump out of your grave from 20:00 to 22:00 Friday.

Stay tuned....more hauntingly good fun to be had before it is time for another long rest.

King GonG is most pleased with the disturbing writings of the Mistress of Purple....MS9...coming back from the dead for this grand event.

haha thats great!

maybe MA will give us new masks for next year :)

This is a really fun event for any one and well reported by MS9.
I hope to somehow be of help in this outstanding event next year.

Good stuff, way to go Skillin Villins!:yay:

Looks like the place takes on a whole different atomsphere in the dark!

- Deathifier

good job guys, and villains on front page, woot:yay:

Sounds great and it's getting harder to wait until Halloween to visit!

:bomb:

Am i actually allowed to say that this story is totally childish and stupid?

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe nice story M9 ;]

Very nice! Looks scary :eek:

Stopped by for a look , nice effort.

{removed}

Are we allowed to tell you that you are a dumb ass? :rolleyes:

That was a whole lot of spooky fun. :eek:
Those eyes behind the fireplace, Cherries' death throws, those flashes of light. Awsome...Well done guys!:thumbup:
I have gone mad...Lost in the maze. King GonG toys with my soul.:eek:

Star...Wonderfully wicked ghost story!
Ghoulish pics too! Great Job.:)

W00t Arch! Great job in designing the castle bud!! It's gets better every year. I'm afraid of what you'll dream up for next year. :vampire:

And great story, as usual, Purple One! Always great pics to add to the atmosphere of the story.

Also, big thanks and props to Deathifier for letting Archman running buck wild in your castle. Props, mate!!

{removed}

Yup, but doubtful anyone will care.

King GonG's terrifying days are numbered. Get to the Castle of Death before he rests for another year. Two big bashes will be held to celebrate Halloween.

DJ Moogle will be making the your soul shiver from 20:00 to 22:00 on Friday.

DJ Occulus's nightmarish anthems will thrill your inner demon from 21:00 to 24:00 on Saturday.
Link to DJ Occulus's thread about the party

Contests for prizes and ped for those who tune in and show up in their best scary costume.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3T9IubJXxw[/YOUTUBE]

The party is still going! spread the word! I will be here till i pass out on the keyboard!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBddUw6ZObo[/YOUTUBE]

:yay::D

Back