Skilling a journey in numbers

Canesh Athey

Guardian
Society
Brack & Associates
Canesh Athey
Hi,
I wanted to give some reference to my own skilling period but a little different then talking about it. It is a journey in numbers and its displaid in the excel spreedsheet below. Ofcourse feel free to use it as a template for you'r own skilling calculations if you think it is good enough. The numbers might not be 100% accurate but they are 90% or so accurate atleast and serves as good pointers towards you'r current skilling progress rate and costs involved.

Also sometimes there are gaps skill wise it is when i either forgot to update it, didnt have time for it or otherwise didnt want to put attention to it. I was hoping to call it a journey towards BPC unlocking but seeing that MA has changed basic filters and standard dampers I have to adjust and I dont really have any clue now to when im about to unlock BPC.

Good luck with you'r crafting and I hope you all had a good weekend.
Best Regards
-Canesh Athey

Wow, you got alot of time in your hands lol.

Id go crazy keeping track of all my skills, decay, how much i've spent, loss, :confused: .

There are certain things I rather not think about and those are some of them.

+ rep for being psychotic :). In a good way!

Mikah said:
Wow, you got alot of time in your hands lol.

Thanks Mikah,
Id go crazy keeping track of all my skills, decay, how much i've spent, loss, :confused: .

There are certain things I rather not think about and those are some of them.

+ rep for being psychotic :). In a good way!

Well in order to stand ANY chanse of making some sort of profit without lucking out and globaling as a n00b / beginner you have to take very much reguard to the details in order to track down any unnecessary costs etc, if the resource ofcourse the profitability or lack of profitability during the skilling period is directly linked to the resources prise market. Imagine how it would look getting materials @ TT Cost.....

Im not really phsycotic I was just curious how I was doing :).

btw forgive a very noobis question but what does it mean with +rep anyway? I understand it is for something done good but does it have any function?

I'd search for +rep butI think i'd get like a million hits hehehe

Well to answer your question rep is your reputation here on the forum, it is displayed below your name.

As for the topic great work, i myself am too a noob crafter and recently stoped crafting because the skill gain is just to low to the cost, i´h about 600 eng and can lose about 60 or 70 ped´s to get 15 eng level´s witch is not affordabel as BPC only comes ate about 1500 or so.....

Good post
+rep :D

It shows "Filters. Stoptime = 22:00 - Starttime = 17:56" two times in a row(quantity and skills are the same too) ;)

+rep for the spreadsheet there :)

400 ped loss for 1k skills in crafting doesn't sound too bad but i have to remind myself that its mechanical crafting which doesn't really get you anywhere does it? (noob crafter talking here sorry if i'm wrong lol :p)

Michael "MJ" said:
+rep for the spreadsheet there :)

400 ped loss for 1k skills in crafting doesn't sound too bad but i have to remind myself that its mechanical crafting which doesn't really get you anywhere does it? (noob crafter talking here sorry if i'm wrong lol :p)

As far as I know it is the cheapest and only way to Unlock blueprint comprehension, this is something that should (I say should because I do not know hands on and are relying on what others have told me) increase you'r Chanse of Success. If im not mistaken you can only unlock BPC through crafting in MME.

Many clicks

Canesh Athey said:
Hi,
I wanted to give some reference to my own skilling period but a little different then talking about it. It is a journey in numbers and its displaid in the excel spreedsheet below. Ofcourse feel free to use it as a template for you'r own skilling calculations if you think it is good enough. The numbers might not be 100% accurate but they are 90% or so accurate atleast and serves as good pointers towards you'r current skilling progress rate and costs involved.

Also sometimes there are gaps skill wise it is when i either forgot to update it, didnt have time for it or otherwise didnt want to put attention to it. I was hoping to call it a journey towards BPC unlocking but seeing that MA has changed basic filters and standard dampers I have to adjust and I dont really have any clue now to when im about to unlock BPC.

Good luck with you'r crafting and I hope you all had a good weekend.
Best Regards
-Canesh Athey

An impressive effort indeed. Having crafted about 65k Filters in the last two weeks, I would consider you must have one of the most well-developed clicking fingers around. Gratz!

By the way - has the 1k skill level helped yet, or is the "break even" crafting (materials used/results sold) point far higher still?

Konve said:
It shows "Filters. Stoptime = 22:00 - Starttime = 17:56" two times in a row(quantity and skills are the same too) ;)

I probably forgot to either enter the start and stop time or had similar resoults due to using the same resource quantity.

Daedalus said:
An impressive effort indeed. Having crafted about 65k Filters in the last two weeks, I would consider you must have one of the most well-developed clicking fingers around. Gratz!

By the way - has the 1k skill level helped yet, or is the "break even" crafting (materials used/results sold) point far higher still?

Well im not decaying my mouse if you know what I mean ;) however im testing out comparing the two options available but I lack an irl ingrediance to do it manually = Beer ;)

Daedalus said:

From my (small) experience and observation i think crafting only get´s profitabel when u get to craft sellable items or ofcorse get a global/hof.... until them its a money pit :(

MKDX said:
From my (small) experience and observation i think crafting only get´s profitabel when u get to craft sellable items or ofcorse get a global/hof.... until them its a money pit :(

Money sink, yes very much true until you can craft good items...

+rep for being so kind to share your skilling data with us.... though the thought of all those losses somewhat negates the excitement of knowing how do start skilling eng. now

-Ender

Ender said:
+rep for being so kind to share your skilling data with us.... though the thought of all those losses somewhat negates the excitement of knowing how do start skilling eng. now

-Ender

It is ofcourse the viewer of the document that determinds if it is worth persue a skilling the way I have done. Also these data spans back in time so there have been a few VU releases and updates so I personaly think that the data might be off but still could serve as a fair judge or qualified guess of how it is.

yes, things are cyclic. I wish my losses were like yours.

well that probably means your having bigger losses then me :( im sad to hear that

Back