Info: Skills doesnt matter at all..

kamala

Alpha
Society
BlackAngels HQ
Kam Kamala Azk
Hey

I just got reminded why i have been so inactive ingame last year..
Here is some funny info!

Me and my diciple decided to give it a try to reach top 100 on TopMiners list on EL.

I was using the following

Skill level 35
Finder: TK320 maxed
Excavator: SGA driller

Deciple was using
Skill level 10
Finder: f-105 and f-101
Excavator: TT toy

We have been mining on FOMA and Hell

I have been using only Level 5 amps and Level 7 amps.
My diciple has been using Terra amps and Level 5 amps.

We did reach top 100 almost the same day, but thats not the funny thing.. I lost my ass of, and he is still profiting.. :S

Kam Kamala Azk
Total globals: 61
Total peds: 3449 PEDs
Avg loot: 56,54PEDs

Diciple
Total globals: 68
Total peds: 4611 PEDs
Avg loot: 67,80PEDs

Hes avg loot is 11.2PEDs higher then me, even that he is 25lever lower then me in prospecting.. and using lower avg amps then me..

Can anyone explain that for me.. only thing i can think of is that its more loot on f-105's depth then tk320 depth..
And doesnt skill count in mining? :)

Kamala

This game requires,

Skills
Money
Brains......

He is using a 105, your using a depth finder, on foma...

Come on no wonder lol...

Do it with both 105 and same amps I bet you will have better results.

Also, MA have said they are changing the system so depth and going up on SIB finders is worth it.

I also bet you lost a lot more than he did :p

This game requires,

Skills
Money
Brains......

He is using a 105, your using a depth finder, on foma...

Come on no wonder lol...

Do it with both 105 and same amps I bet you will have better results.

Also, MA have said they are changing the system so depth and going up on SIB finders is worth it.

I also bet you lost a lot more than he did :p

Who told you or what data do you have that skills have any value at all in mining apart from using bigger finders?

i too have noticed that having less skills in mining usually gives better results.. and i have mined once from 0 to 40, once from 0 to 30, and now i have 35 which i got from 0.. always the loot has been better without skills and almost all my uber loots have come in between 0-20lvls

and like jennifer here tries to defend that ur using too good finder (lol).. on those 0-40 and 0-30 i upgraded finder when ever i could.. but now on 0-35 ive pretty much only used of105.. and there has been no difference in other things than finding rares what it comes to better finders

so.. skills doesnt matter shit in mining

Your disciple actually had globals with Terra amp? When I tried these on FOMA like 2 or 3 weeks ago I had no globals with those although the return wasn't that bad.

You can't use different tools and compare the results, what science/math classes did you skip growing up?

And the higher level amps that you use, chances are you'll do worse than him. Its pure luck. If you want to put your skill level to the test. Go down to the planet and mine with the same gear as your buddy. And only use small amps if at all. If you used ONLY Amp13s and he used ONLY Terra Amps, would you be surprised when he did better?

I can definitely tell you that as my mining skills increased, and my equipment level increased, I found more and more rare ores. That's why skills DO matter. Derp.

Amps have very low skill requirements, so its really going to be down to luck. Plus mining FOMA and Hell, you'll find mostly common ores, which again, negate skills.

Why would you ever think you could compare stats with another player in a place like FOMA? It's kind of common knowledge that mining those types of places is super risky.

Don't make statements about the inner workings of the game when you clearly have no reasonable set of statistics and a clear line of testing.

Who told you or what data do you have that skills have any value at all in mining apart from using bigger finders?

Skills = I have no plans to tell you what I know. It consist of a few things which also hold a personal theory, but seems to hold. I will tell you this, check logs do the research. especially since the system change.

Then money to implement

brains to be able to match the skills.

and like jennifer here tries to defend that ur using too good finder (lol)..
Really, so a TK320 is to good for Hell and FOMA? :D lol

Your disciple actually had globals with Terra amp? When I tried these on FOMA like 2 or 3 weeks ago I had no globals with those although the return wasn't that bad.
Yep.. he got a few global with terraamps, even got a smaller hof on +250ped

So you all think i will get better results if i change to f-105 finder?

Yep.. he got a few global with terraamps, even got a smaller hof on +250ped

So you all think i will get better results if i change to f-105 finder?

In Hell and foma... Currently yes you would do better with a 105, but i'd go for a f-213(L)

So you are trying to say that i got more skills then brain? :eyecrazy:

Lol, many part to this, but in short.... Yes :p

Do not feel bad, just saw some guy with 200k+skills say "people where not killing each other during the event in non lootable pvp, so why are they doing it in lootable".

To many skills to little brains :p

nah it was what jennifer said.. i said that it doesnt matter what equipment u use.. it only allows u to hit rares.. and less skills is better

Skills = I have no plans to tell you what I know. It consist of a few things which also hold a personal theory, but seems to hold. I will tell you this, check logs do the research. especially since the system change.

Then money to implement

brains to be able to match the skills.

How long have you been actually mining?

Has the world turned upside down that i should take advice from you :)

9 years aka 16k total loot in mining, what do you have to teach?

Higher mining skill + better gear = deeper finds

If the location you are mining in offers no benefit for deep mining (meaning rarer/higher MU material), then true, any benefit is lost.

Which begs the question, why are you mining there?

how come u only have records from 2011 in tracker

Let me give a little more detail.

I have had a total of, 4 accounts, in 9 years.

Sold out 1st had a few months of, sold at 2nd had a year off. Played my 3rd for a few years had a break fo around 2 months in that one, then sold out most of my skills kept a few just increase I wanted to come back. year later I though I'd go back focus on hunting (f) armor use to be cheap hey I'll start a female avatar transferred chips over, decided to sell them on auction and just start from scratch. Been on this one for 2.5 years about, level 26 prospector all natural and chip out some when I go over 30, to which I have done twice. (all unamped mining).

Made 2000ped unamped mining through dec, jan, then when hunting and general troll in pvp.

System then changed and well now I wish I didn't fuck around in pvp..... Might actually have to deposit

So yeah..... Maybe I am a bit arrogant, but since I took the time to actually learn the game I profit, when I just dick around no profit..

I can't even rememeber what thread this is on now so going to stop typing.

9 years aka 16k total loot in mining, what do you have to teach?

Read above... Also a hell of a lot more than you :p

As the system changes and I am no longer going to be focusing on mining, unless its made fun again. I admit, over the next few months I will not be able to give much advise.... Right now, yeah I can make anyone profit from mining. Little amounts at a time via unamped.

Am I going to, tell you how... no..... do you believe me ..... no...... Do I care.... going to say no. You're one of those people.

Off course skills don't influence tt returns in mining. If that were the case anything kimmi would touch would turn into gold.

Skills in mining just have an impact on which finders you can use, and how deep you can find resources.

Since you have something to teach, how about naming your previous avatars so i can judge from the data.

Until then your words have little to no meaning to me.

Since you have something to teach, how about naming your previous avatars so i can judge from the data.

Read above.

I'd rather not, but if we can come to some other way of me proving it and I have to do VERY little work I will gladly answer.

Also 2 of my avatars where before EL, soooo

Oh I also played on my brothers account so i could hunt big.... so maybe that will reduce some of the break time between accounts.

Read above.

I'd rather not, but if we can come to some other way of me proving it and I have to do VERY little work I will gladly answer.

Also 2 of my avatars where before EL, soooo

Oh I also played on my brothers account so i could hunt big.... so maybe that will reduce some of the break time between accounts.

so u didnt play for 3 years then?

well skills do matter
you would think that people that grow in the game notice the different components in the game that are related to skill and look at them and question it.

or do you think you can just buy a ton of skills and own this game?

no you will not own this game.... it has to many 'niches' that you must learn... perhaps why the people that naturally skill up see these patterns and each level earned gives new understanding what this game was about.... I loved mining with deeper finders...... but you should Read my log

but it's not just be able to go deep but understand certain areas and do better on different depths. You have the skills to go deeper and the ability to compete with everyone else on shallow depths.....

and mining skills gives HP

Anyways GL with learning

well skills do matter
you would think that people that grow in the game notice the different components in the game that are related to skill and look at them and question it.

or do you think you can just buy a ton of skills and own this game?

no you will not own this game.... it has to many 'niches' that you must learn... perhaps why the people that naturally skill up see these patterns and each level earned gives new understanding what this game was about.... I loved mining with deeper finders...... but you should Read my log

but it's not just be able to go deep but understand certain areas and do better on different depths. You have the skills to go deeper and the ability to compete with everyone else on shallow depths.....

and mining skills gives HP

Anyways GL with learning

History has shown ppl with little to no skills have had claims that would have made no sense if skills were a factor. Also i never chipped in all natural to get to my current lvl, as to mining giving hp that has little to do with mining it self as a profession.

Pls, this thread is not about how long you have played this game..

I want to know what I should do to get better avg loot then my 25 level less diciple? :D
We have a hard duell!

Pls, this thread is not about how long you have played this game..

Would you listen to someone who has little to no knowledge and take their word for it? Hence the playtime is a valueable factor.

As to mining FOMA, simply don't atm.

In my experience, newbies do better in mining than I do. Of course they have to drop more than 100 ped worth of probes, but once they get going, they do very well. All, or at least most, of my miner disciples who graduated have within their first 10K ped surpassed my personal largest claim (900 ped). Unfortunately I myself somehow missed the beginners luck package they were handing out at Genesis. Fortunately, I can still profit at mining, and of course can mine deeper which is useful in some locations, so I'm not complaining. Still, though, it would be nice if skills affected more than just search depth.

Market value.

All you need to know in my lesson 1.

Use them brains!!!!

Brains.jpg

Market value.

All you need to know in my lesson 1.

Use them brains!!!!

Brains.jpg

Why are you trying so hard, just give up, cause no one would have had the IQ to think about MU, right?

Why are you trying so hard, just give up, cause no one would have had the IQ to think about MU, right?

I guarantee the marjory of players here do not take full advantage of this.

Checking you tracker and Pictures I know you don't.

P.s. how to word this, not the ores you global on. The area surrounding.

Back