Question: Skills needed for CND

Calin

Prowler
Society
Delta Force
Arutha Calin Surana
I've been on CND a number of times since VU10, and as anyone who's been there knows, mining has changed there.

I've found a few things that are different, but I'm wondering what people think about skills. I'm a level 34 prospector and it seems that everyone who gets a lot of finds is over level 40. I am not talking about globals or HOF's, just finds since amps make the difference there.

Is it my imagination or does CND mining now require a higher skill level than it used to? If so, what level do you feel is the tipping point to get more finds?

Thanks for any input!

I've been on CND a number of times since VU10, and as anyone who's been there knows, mining has changed there.

I've found a few things that are different, but I'm wondering what people think about skills. I'm a level 34 prospector and it seems that everyone who gets a lot of finds is over level 40. I am not talking about globals or HOF's, just finds since amps make the difference there.

Is it my imagination or does CND mining now require a higher skill level than it used to? If so, what level do you feel is the tipping point to get more finds?

Thanks for any input!

Everyone has their opinion but I am going to tell you a secret. Skills allow you to use different finders. Skills will never ever ever ever get you loot. A new player can tower as well as a level 30 40 50 100 prospecter/surveyor. To answer your question if you want to goto CND load up your gear, amps, etc and have at it. Don't worry about old fairy tales of this or that level = this or that. Its pure poppycock.

kosmos

@Kosmos
Thank you for your input.

I used to feel pretty much the same way, but there has been a HUGE change in my results at CND. If it's not the necessary skills that has changed is it the depth?

I feel that I've properly taken into account the dome sizes and the general economy of EU. That leaves only skills and equipment to make the difference. I have about the same luck with my 3 different finders. That is what led me to the skills issue.

I dunno...

i chiped out level 34 prospector twice because i couldnt stand the loot, it seems to have something to do with your current level, i didnt make it over that lootgap yet. Now i am back to 29, still seems to work...

@Kosmos
Thank you for your input.

I used to feel pretty much the same way, but there has been a HUGE change in my results at CND. If it's not the necessary skills that has changed is it the depth?

I feel that I've properly taken into account the dome sizes and the general economy of EU. That leaves only skills and equipment to make the difference. I have about the same luck with my 3 different finders. That is what led me to the skills issue.

I dunno...

Hey mate,

I think Kosmos is right. I've chipped a few times and am currently just below 19 pros and been on CND a fair amount lately.
For me it just seems the "hot" times in the domes are either fewer, or farther apart than they used to be. Back in the "old days" it was possible to mine the domes many times per day with good results....now i'm lucky if I can do one of those really good runs once in 2-3 days...lol

Just the state of the in game economy imo....i've had some great runs on cnd with my low skills, and low end finders the good ole TT finder ;)...and some good with 105 and tk120....

just seems to be harder to hit a "good" window now....just my opinion...gl mate

Last edited:
Mining has for sure changed on CND since VU-10 I have just started to camp it again and trying to get into the groove but not as easy as it used to be. I have since lowered my amp usage down to OA-103's and having better luck. Could be just a dry spell or soemthing. I cannot explain it and my skills are good. I guess i have no answers as we all know the only person that knows is MA and then again they prob have no clue either. They did not get it the old CND "natural amp" right when VU-10 went live so they prob could not duplicate the same way after they made the "change" The only nice thing that happened before they "fixed" it i was finding a ton of rares. Only wish it was amped up like it was before when i found them. heheh

Thanks for any input!

After my opinion and tests you dont need to have a huge amount of skills to mine out there. I started minig on CND from TT tools until MF 105 and i had a lot of globals and a nice HOF. so you dont need lvl 40 to get lucky.

I feel that I've properly taken into account the dome sizes and the general economy of EU.

You did what? :laugh: How such considerations could influence your individual results? Ok, don't answer, let it be your secret.

As for your question, hey, welcome to dynamism of EU.

Is it my imagination or does CND mining now require a higher skill level than it used to?

CND never required big skills to have finds. Never. And I mined it since day 1 of CND, at all kind of levels.

If it's not the necessary skills (1) that has changed is it the depth (2)?

I feel that I've properly taken into account the dome sizes (3) and the general economy of EU (4). That leaves only skills (1) and equipment (5) to make the difference. I have about the same luck with my 3 different finders (!!!). That is what led me to the skills issue.

I dunno...

Now on a more serious note.

I separated 5 factors which you think have influence over your hitrate. I must say that I don't understand how you came at such conclusions. Also I don't understand at all why 3 different finders should behave different? Ok, Vrx 3k versus MD10 should be a load of decay difference, which could generate by itself a few "average" depos or a "sizable" extra for vrx, but that's about it.

I also spent many time trying to think & observe, to pick some factors, to build some strategies so on and so forth. But in 5 years I came no certainity. I don't even buy this 90%ish static return which is vented around here. So that's why I say, how did you arive at those conclusions? You actually did some tests which to show differences between hitrate with this or that finder? Which to show different hitrate at different prostandings? Not asking to get info for me, I honestly don't need such, just being curious how did you built those factors.

Last edited:
only skill you need there is a unl ped card

I was at lvl 30-35 but I chipped out. I decided to try to get to ground assessment and started going to cnd at lvl 3 (now lvls 6-7). I'm averaging something like 3 globals per trip (~400-600 drops, usually unamped.) I've used the Z10, Z15, Z20, OF-103, JU25, MF-211, and MF-103.

The hit rate seems the same as before, ~5-8%.

Usually though you'll get your highest hit rate unamped.

hmmm, i have been on cnd since lvl 5 prospector i am now lvl 16, i seem to find i have a few days of good luck, then 2 weeks of it taking and taking, not even able to play even in those 2 weeks, which i find a bit unfair, i use a 105 orefinder, and emine for enmatter but i do ore now, dont use my emine atm..

i have sent loads of support requests to MA asking if it is fair for getting a modest claim from 100's of bombs and i am actually fed up of sending them cos i get the same response all the time.. but yet we continue to mine on cnd and question ourselfs... i think we all know that it is not us to blame for poor loot..... :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:

RJ Rob

Usually when I get a string of iv's (entmatter) or vi's (ores) i stop and wait for an ATH. Usually find sizes get capped about 1-3 hours before a 50k+ find. Right afterwards though, it goes back to normal.

Another tip is to use both types of finders. For me, one will hit more than the other, and usually cover costs on both. However, you never know which one will be hotter that day until the end. Conversely, if you use both, your bomb/probe costs are 25% cheaper than using bombs only. Sometimes, i do probes only, giving me a 50% discount.

hmm

Usually when I get a string of iv's (entmatter) or vi's (ores) i stop and wait for an ATH. Usually find sizes get capped about 1-3 hours before a 50k+ find. Right afterwards though, it goes back to normal.

...i stop...

I would not stop if i had a good indication that an ath was about to happen.

I would not stop if i had a good indication that an ath was about to happen.

Heh, I've been in enough situations to know they're never going to give me an ath. I even deleted my account and started a new one. Adding up all the multipliers, they've never, ever given me a loot bigger than 150X, not including all other multipliers like amps or condition bar.

Couple indications:
1. I did about 4 hours of prots about 20 minutes before the Skippie/Lhava ath.
2. I was crafting next to Davush on his oa-101 ath run.
3. I guessed correctly that the next piece of high end armor SGA would drop from a neconu. It dropped about 30 minutes after I had to leave.
4. After doing 3k feffs for 2 weeks and getting nothing larger than 250 ped, yesterday kirki got both an adj AND imp h400 in the same drop.

Last edited:
Back