Question: skillup noise vu 10.2

Charlie Gloom

Stalker
Donnie Charlie Gloom
anyone else highly annoyed at the global noise whenever you skill up a level in something? had a bad run on fresco. and skilled up 3 times thinking i globalled at end of a kills.

what was so wrong with the green swirls or the clapping?

any way to change this noise? as it is driving me crazy enough to just log off!

I noticed that too, must be an error in the coding! Give us back the green smoke!

Yeah, i mean. WTF skilling has this sound ???!! It looks like i'm getting a global, but it isn't, it's like if MA rised the finger

I'm signing for the petiton to remove the skilling sound

Kamarkos Danix Caetano

anyone else highly annoyed at the global noise whenever you skill up a level in something? had a bad run on fresco. and skilled up 3 times thinking i globalled at end of a kills.

I wouldn't go so far as to log off but yes it is a little annoying simply because of the deception. On a team hunt a few nights ago several ava's skilled up, all of us pausing, waiting for the laggy global but none came ofc :p

It is something nice to have recognised, however should be a different sound.

Yes, it is irritating.

I don't really need the swirlies of any color when I skill up, it tells me in chat and that is enough for me.

In any case, making it the same as a global just seems lazy. I mean how difficult is it to just associate the skill leveling with a different sound?

Cheers :beerchug:

I think what has happened, is that very old code of when profession increase swirls were first implemented (early 2007 I think) has been ported across, which had the global sound originally. I'm hoping they change it back and in addition make the swirl green as it was before.

I suppose it is up to us to raise support cases on the matter.

I agree it is annoying. I would like it returned to its former glory.

Yes, hate it too. Keep thinking i hit something, drives me nuts.:mad:

I'm sure its just an incorrect link to the sound file and swirlies file and they will fix it with the next update...

Is it worth us all sending in a support ticket? I am sure that they are inundated with tickets ATM...:(

Difinetely the coding error and must be fixed in next vu.
And I hate it too ofc. :mad:

oh yea.. drives me nuts!

First time i was thinking its a global Bug, no msg on the chat???? than i see no loot ... hm strange and by woundering about this i got killedform the next mob.. nice one MA :)

I think they need to do a bit more coding.But we have to tell them to fix it Else it won't get fixed

Actually I feel that the issue here is in fact bad coding and thus really needs to be fixed..Also the sound for Leveling up should be distinctly different than the 'Global' sound...

So maybe we should all get together and put this in "Bug Reports as well as send in support tickets.. Else this will not be fixed anytime soon.. (So it's us who are being lazy by not sending in "Reports".

Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

With such a dramatic change in the game as a whole it can be expected that there will be a few annoyances and bugs. As a whole, I say they did an alright job.

At the same time, 'alright' doesn't quite cut it sometimes. Maybe it was intentional - they want to keep that sound fresh in your mind so you have globals on the brain and won't stop till you get one.

and it used to be worse

when this stuff first came, it zoomed out, you had green swirlies and some global sound thing

you always thought you hit big and then you were like "wtf, again, lvl in 2 handed clubber?!"

a soc mate of mine brought it to the point when he shouted "bloody green swirlies"

the abbrevation BGS became a commonly used term in the soc since :D

and its back :D
at least it doesnt zoom out again (yet)

Well I was wondering where those 15globals I hit went to........:laugh:

this sound really sucks. MA should change it soon

It has to go!
If its not fixed in next VU I will sure put it on my top 10 list of bugs that needs to be fixed :)

win!
From 10.2.1 update list:

Miscellaneous Issues

•Skill gain and global HoF now have different effects

Back