Skorp Q1: Why do MA often not deliver what they sell/promise?

Skorp

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Nighty Skorp Shadow
Why do MindArk as a company that often sell things and promises and do not deliver them in an acceptable timeframe, if ever delivered at all to 100%?

- Space
- The CLD Estate System
- Compet
- Statues

just to name a few.

Kind regards,

Skorp

As explained in other AMA replies, timely delivery of announced features and changes is something we intend to give much more focus moving forward.

As explained in other AMA replies, timely delivery of announced features and changes is something we intend to give much more focus moving forward.

Q: Why did you failed?
A: Because we will do it better! :rolleyes: :laugh:

But well I also didn´t really expected to get answer like, because we just sold brainstorm ideas, had technical issues, did saw it won´t be profitable, switch prioreties, whatever.

At least it seems, following this AMA, that you do realise that its better to give detailed information when something is ready to be delivered, then selling dreams without a plan to realise them. Good luck on that venture to handle it better then it was in the past.

What would be an acceptable answer to you? I don't see what else they could say.

"Hey, why do you guys never deliver on promises?"

"Because we fucked up, but we admit that and are re-prioritizing our goals and changing the way we communicate with you."

"UNACCEPTABLE"

Yes...give the new leadership a chance to deliver a great 2019. :yay:

What would be an acceptable answer to you? I don't see what else they could say.

Q: Why did you failed?
But well I also didn´t really expected to get answer like, because we just sold brainstorm ideas, had technical issues, did saw it won´t be profitable, switch prioreties, whatever.

Well I just needed to laugh about that "political" answer. Which I showed with my answer.

I didn´t expected any answer at all. Also like for my second question where I asked about loot waves. I was pretty aware that it will mostly get closed without any answer regarding the AMA guidelines.

But this 2 points come to my mind that frustrates me most and killed the most fun/trust for me. I just used this AMA to point on this 2 problems that I didn´t like most.
I could also ask about:

1. all the UL stuff destroying the economy (ArMatrix was a good step, but then MM and now FEN UL hit the market with super duper dpp and efficiency)
In my view (L) should be better then UL, there should be allways pros and cons for an item. Not like it is now, win win win win situation on an item.
2. Bots/account sharing doesn´t get banned (yes in both cases the owner is away, so make no difference in gaining advantage)
3. exploiters doesn´t get banned (or way to slow)
4. reward system for good ideas. (like big companys in RL giving 10% from yearly savings, in MAs case it could be x% from earning or just fixed ammount of ped if the idea make it into the game)
5. Auction order functionality
6. ...

Last edited:
Well I just needed to laugh about that "political" answer. Which I showed with my answer.

My question to you buds would be

Question : You had so many nice questions you could have asked as you have stated in the post, especially (1) which is very very logical and a personal pet peeve of mine but you chose to ask one question you knew would not be answered and another that you knew you would not get a satisfactory answer for. Why?

My question to you buds would be

Question : You had so many nice questions you could have asked as you have stated in the post, especially (1) which is very very logical and a personal pet peeve of mine but you chose to ask one question you knew would not be answered and another that you knew you would not get a satisfactory answer for. Why?

But this 2 points come to my mind that frustrates me most and killed the most fun/trust for me. I just used this AMA to point on this 2 problems that I didn´t like most.

1. Because emotions won on the day I wrote it.
2. I do think there would be just another "political" answer like:

"Our economy team is allways striving for a good balancing. The ArMatrix series succefully boosted the economy as you may noticed. The new UL items were introduced to give some new goals to our community and celebrate the fifteen years of Entropia, which should be also remembered in 5 years due to its stats."

while the true might look like:

"We are not totally aware of the big issue all the UL stuff brought. Our stuff who also play the game have boosted loot and doing well. Also a lot of our customers asked for more UL drops and missions to upgrade UL items. We followed their wishes which leaded us to the point where we are.

Moreover after our Planet Partner "Arkadia" introduced all the UL Armors and the UL Melee weapons, we found us in a corner where we needed to go out. Thats why we introduced the EK-2350 & EK-2600 upgrade missions and later on we also made "Mission Galactica" and announced it as the longest mission chain. This gave us the opportunity to destroy the FAP market as well, after the 2 other (gun, armor) were already destroyed.

Then we realized that it won´t work in the long run and listened to some players and introduced the ArMatrix along with the Widget and Gizmo BPs. To our surprise it boosted the economy a bit. We were so happy about it that we forgot that we now have 2 parameters for guns efficiency and dpp and introduced the new guns following the old design model."

------ bit offtopic -----
As soon as I saw the announcement of this 2 parameters for guns, I thought that within a short time 1-2 Months new items will hit the market. Something in this lines.
1) Low effi, high dpp
2) high effi, low dpp
3) low effi, low dpp, extremly high dmg compared to lvl needed (pvp gear)
4) high effi, high dpp (L) only

But well all goes a (bit) slower then I sometimes expect.

I will be fair on this.
Everyone should be mature enough to make decision to buy or to wait.
Don't blame MA, when there are BUYERS (exist) who believe so much on MA and pay in advance.
If you are one of them, you paid but did not get what is expected, lesson learned, life move on.

Well, things happened, people complain, now security tighten. Everything will be ok. Confirm ?

What is the real matter here ? Anyone care to talk about internal controls and misleading issues ?

Back