FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

I dont quite share Ricks Illuminati approach but i do get the feel that lootmechanix is somewhat rigged and the luck based part of the game completely removed, i have played 50hrs a week for years and newer have i ever had 3 positive runs in a row. 98% of all my good hits are lead by a very bad period and/or followed by a massive downstreak, nothing subtile about it. It most definetly feels like a personal lootpool to me, if the game feels u owe it there is nothing u can do but bend over. Seems there is a nonprofit built in mechanic that keeps u from longterm slow but steady profit. Im just like Smilgs i just wanna grind and dont spend hrs in Twin trying to squeeze out every little drop of MU wich i have to do now.

Last edited:
Sorry for my eng. i am use google translate for put info more correct.

People always look from only one side 99% of all people on the planet.
And only 1% sees things from many angles.
Everything in life is much more complicated than it seems.
In the game, everything is much simpler, given that the creators of the game have given all the answers. Obviously they cannot say go and do this and you will be successful, but if you look at this forum and all the players, 99% are waiting for this one.

Of course if you are a horse in blinders you have 1 goal and you just run.

I would advise everyone to study a lot of information, read everything that was given to you and look at it from many angles.

I can’t say what I know for sure, but I’m sure that there are several people who have found the answers and of course they will not tell them and this is correct.

Best wishes, keep running. But sometimes in life you have to stop and look around and think - it helps.

I’m sure that there are several people who have found the answers and of course they will not tell them and this is correct.
Ofc ppl share and teach others. But when ppl share info in public, some times others are calling them lies and bs because it's easier for them to justify their failures :D

See the perfect example below big gambler, worst setup in hunting, TTs a lot of loot (according to MA which looked into the database for him!!!!) complains since forever:

Me too it amuses me your madness :smoke: , I personally have nothing to lose it's a game for me and for you what is it ? you can take more money ingame because your real job he suck ? :nana:
I play to play, money is not a vector for me I would just like to replay like a real game.
My job is great! I do some freelance too and I still have time to kick ass in here. And I am familiar with your excuse, when it goes bad and you are lazy to do it proper, you call it "just a game"; this excuse helps you sleep at night because most likely you're using it often irl when you suck ;)

Last edited:
Evey
It is very stupid to share what you know.

In the history of mankind, there are many examples when for a long time people thought that the planet earth was the center of the universe and that the same 1% who said that everything was wrong and what happened to him came?
Surely they burned him at the stake. This is the history of mankind and since then the very essence of people has not changed, only the world around us has changed.

So it's even useless to tell information to people if they just can't even perceive it correctly.

Wether i agree or disagree, but the guy represent a handful of people in same situation as him. Many people only know this way of playing. with loot 2.0 things changed. those guys used to say gamble, but could in old system get rewarded with those 10k+ loots now and then which justified their activity. now is locked and much much harder to get same loot as before.

this game is for all kind of people and noy only the profitors. else it would not be fun right?
instead of bashing him try to understand what he goes thru. i think maybe 10 years ago i asked something similar to support and got same answer of not tt ur stuff. i was then amazed and thought what did i TT. i then remembered it was crappy stuff like animal hides or shits like that and wanted to make a rage support telling them what will those shitty items do for my return? as it did not make any sense to "win" 1 ped while loosing 10, for example.

i think he just needs to change his way of playing. ignoring gambling totally and focus on being smart. not saying he is not doing this now, but have that as number 1 priority and focus. By being smart means, to only study a mob or area or an item to mine, craft or kill. look then back 1 month after and see what ur sheet tells u...

gl

Generally I agree with you TheRock, the thing is people tried over the years to suggest to morfoc to improve on his choices, starting from hunting equipment to others, since before loot 2.0 but he then called it bs, us liars and game scam :D
I have nothing against anyone's play style as long as they don't cheat but when mistakes are made and you blame on others on the forum, some criticism is to be expected and how you handle that is pretty important. Most of the time it's others (new players, hopefully) who learn from ... our mistakes

This concludes the migration, the biggest and highly anticipated Calypso yearly hunting event ?
So far 2020 is looking wonderful - no month in green and ~ minus 48k ?
And that tt return, efficiency and skills ftw ?

August 2020 = -12,724 hunting (95.39% tt)

If the return is still bad it only means one thing you have too low skills or you have many skills but they are useless and do not affect the return. Think about it.

Evey
It is very stupid to share what you know.

In the history of mankind, there are many examples when for a long time people thought that the planet earth was the center of the universe and that the same 1% who said that everything was wrong and what happened to him came?
Surely they burned him at the stake. This is the history of mankind and since then the very essence of people has not changed, only the world around us has changed.

So it's even useless to tell information to people if they just can't even perceive it correctly.

Quite the opposite. You should always share knowledge. It is important to pull people out of ignorance. Stupidity as noted elsewhere in this thread is no one's responsibility to correct except the one mired in it. The same goes for willful ignorance.

For Girts and others, you need to give up the idea of any +TT months. For the most part, those days are gone. The question is are you profiting after markup (I do not know if you show that in your numbers anymore since you do not show cycle totals) and if not, how are you going to change that - because you must.

Quite the opposite. You should always share knowledge. It is important to pull people out of ignorance. Stupidity as noted elsewhere in this thread is no one's responsibility to correct except the one mired in it. The same goes for willful ignorance.

For Girts and others, you need to give up the idea of any +TT months. For the most part, those days are gone. The question is are you profiting after markup (I do not know if you show that in your numbers anymore since you do not show cycle totals) and if not, how are you going to change that - because you must.

Yeah with loot 2.0 TT profit is over.
But 95% return with all those skills, efficiency and turn over doesn't seems right.

well, obviously I have accepted that as still playing with loot 2.0, what I cannot do is fill the gap when the tt return is in 95%-96% range which it falls back again and again
98% or so would be somewhat sustainable with all that shrapnel and other 101-103% MU items in the loot
the only thing I could influence are skills, efficiency items which I have done, but it does not seem to have worked

Yeah with loot 2.0 TT profit is over.
But 95% return with all those skills, efficiency and turn over doesn't seems right.

Big, traditionally volatile mobs. Highly competitive. Seems to be normal for migration. I am not saying the other times are though. The markup was always there to compensate in previous years. Doesn't sound like this year was? Skills and efficiency should dictate better, but it's not really a guarantee is it? It's just a slightly higher % than the other that adds up over time.

You're not supposed to profit TT. MA made that pretty clear long ago with loot 2.0. Now, with that being said, a lot of things that used to have decent MU (like oils) have gone down in MU value which makes it harder to profit. I use LP-40, Perfected and am sitting at right over 96% TT return since June when I got it. 91.23% for June (only half month with the pistol), 99.85% for July, 97.21% for August. This is a smaller sample than Girts has but I have fluctuations in TT return too but other periods can make up for some of it. There will be up times and down times like always. Girts isn't too far outside of what he should be getting as a return and he will likely hit an up period (who knows when that may be though).

Awesome news. Gz for the tier upgrade
thanks heard some unnamed stable genius was whining about my tier upgrade on his stream (and then one of his personal booty lickers contacted me in PM within game to whine a bit more), glad to have made an impact in that hierarchy :)

thanks heard some unnamed stable genius was whining about my tier upgrade on his stream (and then one of his personal booty lickers contacted me in PM within game to whine a bit more), glad to have made an impact in that hierarchy :)
That's actually an impressive tier on a legendary gun, congrats !!!

PS: Would you consider streaming? I wanna see that bad boy go pew pew ;)

I dont get it why someone would be jealous abot that.

That's actually an impressive tier on a legendary gun, congrats !!!
PS: Would you consider streaming? I wanna see that bad boy go pew pew ;)
Indeed imho the legendary aimk2 is still great especially if used for the full duration of the kill not like I am most of the time.
Also with my setup each addition of dmg enhancer increases the efficiency (also ofc this is a bit of justification for my tiering addiction).
Selection of high efficiency weapons:
index.php

I was actually streaming for a very small moment, but realized that to do it in an interesting way would need mod resto chip and better armor.

I dont get it why someone would be jealous abot that.
imho he did it mainly because he is an asshole :) but could be both indeed

As items are not always in loot and distributed bit by bit, has anyone thought that it might be impossible to cover larger tt spend with MU on bigger sums, as items just dont exist always in loot? Like it would be smart to put a cap on how much you cycle? You can loot rares even with 50 dps, so why use more dps? Take it slow with 40 dps instead of going ape with 150? :)

although still going after attributes, the loot has been great including tt return - feels great, updated my signature to reflect :)
October 2020 = +12,746 hunting (103.98% tt)

Most of the time it's others (new players, hopefully) who learn from ... our mistakes
I just finished reading this 18 page marathon thread documenting the ups and downs throughout the 8 years I have been away from the game. I can certainly say I will be learning from some mistakes.

Awesome thread!

Serious dedication from Girts, really useful advice and warnings from a lot of the top players in the game. Love it.

with a bit of cheating, made 2020 barely break-even (not writing down enhancers spent in December yet)
nice 10k hof from merry spider :)

December 2020 = +18,471 hunting (102.22% tt)

Happy new year!

Back