Smilgs hunting log

Status
i tried to explain to people how losses add up as you increase your level of DPS...

The reason why your losses add up is because you play more and more un-eco, not because your level of DPS increases.

The reason why your losses add up is because you play more and more un-eco, not because your level of DPS increases.

this not only apply to joker.. ever since L weapons and their UL versions came ppl mysteriously started losing way more than usuall.. hmm do we see a pattern here?

they are shit.. they are not eco at all.. pffss 2.8-2.9 dmg/pec is horrible! was back then and it still is. not saying most of us has any choice, but compared to the best (wich is THE weapon everyone should skill for imo) everything else is crap.

only thing L did was forcing us to put more $ in.. for bankroll.. more turnover..

and a regular medium hunter dont want/afford to lock up several thousands of dollars in a computer game just so he can be eco and make a few dollars back.

but back on topic.. this will be really interesting if the thread lasts a while.

taking myself outta the equation i was just giving strict numbers... even high eco hunters get 50-80% returns some runs... and over a day or 2 this can add up that was all i was saying...

and yes... it is because the increased DPS and costs of using it that creates more and more losses... that is a fact... if you use an Apis or some gun and burn 300-500 peds an hour...50% returns are a poultry 250 ped loss... but when u burn 1000-1500 peds an hour...50% returns are up to 750 ped loss... 3x as much loss for the same 1 hour hunt...

In other words... it takes a apis user 3 hours to lose what a high DPS person loses in 1 hour... if you consider both have 50% returns... something like this... I was just trying to illustrate a point

this thread isnt about me :)

even hunting the most eco way u can possible... naked... 1 mob at a time... with mod fapper at cost... can still earn 50-75% returns esp. on Dasp or something like this...

Last edited:
Maybe we should start an other thread : Is Eco still meaning something ?
because i have seen much people, like Smilgs saying eco numbers don't mean anything.
Starting this log with the statement IMK2 and other weapons are about the same, i can't believe it.

One thing for sure, high eco (L) weapons Vs ordinary (L) weapons change much things. This is from my own experience. Maybe it's different with UL gears now...

Feith

Don't forget I used imk2 as my only gun for ~9 months, couldn't believe it as well but had to change my viewpoint. And yes, eco meaning something discussion does not belong in this thread. This thread is for me documenting my returns using what I believe works.
Maybe we should start an other thread : Is Eco still meaning something ?
because i have seen much people, like Smilgs saying eco numbers don't mean anything.
Starting this log with the statement IMK2 and other weapons are about the same, i can't believe it.

Don't forget I used imk2 as my only gun for ~9 months.

I had one too, near 6 month, maybe i make a mistake, but i thought you get yours in the 70 - 80 lvl range. Did you tried it with maxed skills ?

Feith

I was very nearly maximized with imk2 when stopped using imk2 (something in the top 90ies). But rest assured, there is very little difference between being lvl 80 and lvl 100 in terms of return. Otherwise it would show on ISH as well.
Trying it... First, a good try would take a couple of months as there are better ones and worse. And I know people who are maximized on using it. Do they get more return than I do with ISH on good mobs? No. To me this is sufficient to not try it again. Is it sufficient for the rest of the people? Hardly, there will always be crowd thinking that imk2 is the moneymaker (and I used to belong to the crowd).
Anyway, if you want to discuss it further, make a thread about it somewhere else, and have a read at my comment on 50%. That's another reason why many people overestimate dmg/pec.
To add one crucial fact about loot, I have around 20k profit hunting scips excluding the 20k hof (so total +40k). Should be enough to prove profiting is possible, provided you hunt the right mob. And you don't need imk2 or maxed gun to do so.
I had one too, near 6 month, maybe i make a mistake, but i thought you get yours in the 70 - 80 lvl range. Did you tried it with maxed skills ?

Smilgs, what level of scips you mostly hunted? was it like 80% in the range of guard-OA or something else?

J.

Never hunted young to old, only the spawn NW of Oshiri with mostly provider to stalker.
Smilgs, what level of scips you mostly hunted? was it like 80% in the range of guard-OA or something else?

Update week 19-25 March 2012
Finished ironshit on Arkadia and Rocktropia. Did some Scips, not too impressive, and eomons - looted some UL vehicles. Around -5k this week (stuff still not sold so can't be concrete, and -1k mining as well).

Last edited:
Update week 19-25 March 2012
Finished ironshit on Arkadia and Rocktropia. Did some Scips, not too impressive, and eomons - looted some UL vehicles. Around -5k this week (stuff still not sold so can't be concrete, and -1k mining as well.

and youre top of the league on tracker, consistently lately!!! and even you are down by 5k!! what hope for the rest of us!! makes me even more pissed off than i already was for the greed of this game! :mad:

TBH, my experience shows that hunting too much is bad for your pedcard. MA has some cap on doing so, is my theory. So you should be better off than I am. Also with the 90% theory, my 10% is more in terms of peds than the most of other's 10%.
and youre top of the league on tracker, consistently lately!!! and even you are down by 5k!! what hope for the rest of us!! makes me even more pissed off than i already was for the greed of this game! :mad:

TBH, my experience shows that hunting too much is bad for your pedcard. MA has some cap on doing so, is my theory. So you should be better off than I am. Also with the 90% theory, my 10% is more in terms of peds than the most of other's 10%.

I promise you im not!! :(

Inspired by das completion of Aurlis D4 decided to speed it up a bit. Resulted -2600 in 4 runs so far. See how it will evolve - guess my ped card is about to dissolve :D

Aurlis -4k in 2 days, will see where I end up. Maybe even break monthly record of minuses (was 29k on teladons in September 2011).

Aurlis -4k in 2 days, will see where I end up. Maybe even break monthly record of minuses (was 29k on teladons in September 2011).

I've had some major overall losses hunting as well, as clearly do many. I keep asking myself, why do we continue? We already know we can't win. If we don't need the money, there are so much better ways to spend it, why don't we? What happened to us?

Of course we don't need any answers if we hit a big one.. :)

gl with that :)

How many hours did you do these 2 days?

Too much. CP is a bad place for not much option to do other activities like mining. Each run like 3 hours and did 4 of them per day.
gl with that :)

How many hours did you do these 2 days?

very interesting its a wonder why all the uber stuff goes for such high prices if you don't make any ped with them hmmm...

very interesting its a wonder why all the uber stuff goes for such high prices if you don't make any ped with them hmmm...

I wonder why people always ignore the uberloots in threads like this. Like calculating the returns of video poker but ignoring the royal flush payout.

(edit: I'm not referring to the threadstarter, but the others).

as I recall, Girts, you were doing well on Scips, so maybe a rough estimate of your overall return on them sofar if u have any numbers? would be much appreciated. and GL on your future hunts :)

Best day in the week, almost broke even and completed the damned mission.
today was a bad day...
how was things on your end?
Scips around +40k, 20k of that a hof. Could still be that scips compensate for my losses on other mobs, so might not be so shiny for all.
as I recall, Girts, you were doing well on Scips, so maybe a rough estimate of your overall return on them sofar if u have any numbers? would be much appreciated. and GL on your future hunts :)
Just an update, March currently -24k in hunt and -3k in mining

as a full time Scip hunter, I would like to see what bait Bai say about his returns, they drop some MU stuff more than other mobs imo.

my roadmap would be like Atrox-->Scips-->Dasp young

just my 2 pecs

P.S. as for why I dont know the outcome? well, always changed my plans when log in, dunno why, I find myself in a complete diff. zone and on a complete diff. mob lol, and never had the bankroll like a 10k to start fresh on Atrox.

Update for March results, -20k in hunt and -3k in mining.

Bait won't comment on anything anymore, because some stupid fkin jealous noobs shot him down on forum for hitting a string of hofs. "Lucky noob lucky noob, doesn't deserve anything, he got lucky" wahhh. He deleted all his posts after that.

as a full time Scip hunter, I would like to see what bait Bai say about his returns, they drop some MU stuff more than other mobs imo.

my roadmap would be like Atrox-->Scips-->Dasp young

just my 2 pecs

P.S. as for why I dont know the outcome? well, always changed my plans when log in, dunno why, I find myself in a complete diff. zone and on a complete diff. mob lol, and never had the bankroll like a 10k to start fresh on Atrox.

Bait won't comment on anything anymore, because some stupid fkin jealous noobs shot him down on forum for hitting a string of hofs. "Lucky noob lucky noob, doesn't deserve anything, he got lucky" wahhh. He deleted all his posts after that.

It's very hard to argue with those noobs, who cycled less than 1k of peds and think that they knew everything about loot.

Smilgs, can you please confirm that from your hunting loot data, does the armor/plate decay comeback into loot pool?

I believe some part of it is compensated yes. But I have no proof as haven't tried to save on armor decay.
Smilgs, can you please confirm that from your hunting loot data, does the armor/plate decay comeback into loot pool?

Update, April +3,000 hunting, +1,500 mining so far

Update, 0 hunting, +1700 mining so far in April.
Got an ATH but opening boxes in beacon :)

Status
Back