Amps 2 LvL 3 = 262 ped
4440x probes (230 ORE only drops) = 222 ped
Repairs + extras = 8.16 Ped

Total ped spent = 492.16 ped

Returns

Noteable Claims:

XVI Significant Narc - 249 Ped HOF

Total Ped return tt = 599.99

Total Ped return inc MU = 681.17 ped (Average MU = not calculated)

138% return / 0% loss (+189.01 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 40 = -4373.08 Ped

Awesome, bout F-in time! & More of these please:

hof_10-mar-13.jpg

Last edited:
so is this a mining log or hunting log?
cause if your adding in extra fees....... it will skew the truth

Run 41:

Costs

Amps 2 LvL 3 = 262 ped
4440x probes (230 ORE only drops) = 222 ped
Repairs = 10.68 Ped

Total ped spent = 494.68 ped

Returns

Noteable Claims:
VII x2 and VI Kanerium

Total Ped return tt = 383.34

Total Ped return inc MU = 486.68 ped (Average MU = 172%)

98% return / 2% loss (-8 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 41 = -4381.08 Ped

tt cost this run is repair only, I rarely add extras on but in future I wont add them!.

This would of been a pretty good run but an area I regularly visit that never dropped lyst before was dropping it endlessly. I logged off and when I logged back on this morning to finish the run the ore had completely changed to Gazz, belkar and Kanerium and only changed back to Lyst in the last couple of drops. To be honest Lyst is not the worst when it sells at 107% which mine did but 50ped of Lyst would have meant profitable run if it had been any of the other ore that I mined this session (Kanerium, Gazz and belkar).

Don't forget the log in also available via the link in my sig.

Cheers :yup:

Pretty decent MU you got there but it's 126% avg. Return is about 77%. You seem to have some special way of calculating those :).

Im no good at maths but googling how to work out averages told me this .. example on MU

Kaner 400%

Gazz 124%

Belkar 109%

Add all the percentages up and divide by how many percerages there were. 400+124+109 / 3 = Average percentage (MU)

The numbers were 106% + 123% + 112% + 120% + 400% / 5 = 172% Unless of course the equation above is wrong lol

Source: http://www.reference.com/motif/business/calculate-an-average-percentage

For the Returns I do:
Total return inc MU / Total Cost of run x 100

486.68 / 494.68 x 100 = 98.38%

No-one has said before that my maths sux on my logs lol

return (90% thingie) = output TT/ input TT
avg markup = (Ore1TT*Ore1MU/100+....+Ore№-1TT*Ore№-1MU/100+Ore№TT*Ore№MU/100) / (total output TT)

ppl here try to not help on mining you know ;p.

I get the first yea, from the start I added the amps +mu to cost so thought fck it and did the total returns based on mu value. I think my losses would be much much worse on paper that way :D

The second equation .. well thats far too much work for my tiny brain lol but I do appreciated your help. I might change the log and do it your way, we will see...... so thanx again mate and GL :)

Sorry I complicated formula, easy put it's like this
(sum of (Ore TT * MU/100 ))/(sum of Ore TT)

The second equation .. well thats far too much work for my tiny brain lol but I do appreciated your help. I might change the log and do it your way, we will see...... so thanx again mate and GL :)

It's easy to calculate average MU if you use a table, like this:
OreTTMUTotal
Kanerium20400%80
Gazz50124%62
Belk100109%109

The only meaningful "average MU" is a weighted arithmetic mean, in other words, simply take the sum of column 4 and divide it by the sum of column 2. With the numbers in my example, it would be 147.6%.

Use a spreadsheet and you can have it automatically calculate all your statistics each run. All you have to do is enter the minerals, their TT values and individual markups.

I get the first yea, from the start I added the amps +mu to cost so thought fck it and did the total returns based on mu value. I think my losses would be much much worse on paper that way :D

It is super easy to calculate your average markup, Take run 41 as example. Your TT return is 383.34 and markup return is 486.68, just use (486.68/383.34)*100%=127%, then 127% is the average markup of your minerals in that run.

As for your loss, your problem always the same. You were losing when the amp you were using has around 110% markup, how can you use the same way to mine and profit when amp are 115% or so now? I know maybe you won't listen but I can try again.
Tell you a simple way to know what is the average markup you need to break even with amp.Markup per drop with Amp Take level 3 amp as example. You can see from the link that your markup per drop is 107% or so with level 3 at 114.92%. Then if you expect your TT return would be 90% this run/in the long run then you need 119.46% average markup on your minerals to break even. Since you don't note down your TT return and TT return % each run so I don't know what's yours. But I think 90% in the long run is expectable in the long run. So all you need is 119.46% average markup then more are all your profit. So can you see your problem now? From the past log since you come back your average Markup varies alot from 112%~126%. There's alot more good area on caly to mine other than Shirnook Jungle you just have you find them out. May the lootius bless you :)

It is super easy to calculate your average markup, Take run 41 as example. Your TT return is 383.34 and markup return is 486.68, just use (486.68/383.34)*100%=127%, then 127% is the average markup of your minerals in that run.

As for your loss, your problem always the same. You were losing when the amp you were using has around 110% markup, how can you use the same way to mine and profit when amp are 115% or so now? I know maybe you won't listen but I can try again.
Tell you a simple way to know what is the average markup you need to break even with amp.Markup per drop with Amp Take level 3 amp as example. You can see from the link that your markup per drop is 107% or so with level 3 at 114.92%. Then if you expect your TT return would be 90% this run/in the long run then you need 119.46% average markup on your minerals to break even. Since you don't note down your TT return and TT return % each run so I don't know what's yours. But I think 90% in the long run is expectable in the long run. So all you need is 119.46% average markup then more are all your profit. So can you see your problem now? From the past log since you come back your average Markup varies alot from 112%~126%. There's alot more good area on caly to mine other than Shirnook Jungle you just have you find them out. May the lootius bless you :)

Two Thumbs up for your detailed calculation here, bro :yup:

Yes thanks guys. It's not that I don't listen it's just that I never understood the proper method properly and thus I stuck to the way I do it.

My big flaw of average mu was taking the MU of each individual ore and adding them together and dividing by 100 but I have realised now that it was shockingly bad to do that. So I will have to start my log over again and use the proper MU calculation as you guys have explained :(

On my log (and google spreadsheet) should I have calculated the win / loss percent based on the tt return only ? or is it just my Average MU calculation that I need to change and keep note of ?

Starting a new google spreadsheet now.....

PS.Also taking note of using amps with lower mu towards towards the total return % even if it means dropping down to lower level amps or no amp runs ^^.

PPS. Mining areas are not the problem. The ones I frequent usually yield little or no Lyst or serious amounts of low end ore.. like Shinook used to give 0 low end ores! but I do move around ... PVP areas, new switzerland (which I might add didnt drop lyst last time) and Big Industries which was where I hoffed!

At the end of the day I cant afford to buy the F-106 or keep buying limited finders with much deepers depths so unfortunately with the MF-105 Im always running the risk getting of low end ore regardless of where I go. I just don't believe that avoiding shit stuff every single run is possible.

[EDIT @ 08:01am] The new spreadsheet is coming on nicely with all the relevant pre written sums in the cells. Will also do a pivot to allow me to copy over a brief breakdown of the spreed sheet log.

Last edited:
I personally don't include stuff like Amp MU, decay on tools and Oil cost in log so it's much easier to update. Logged Win/Loss = (OutputTT*avgMU/100) - (AmpTT+BombsTT+Finder TT) (not sure if adding finder TT is correct though), so my actual win/loss is allways much worse then logged ;p.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the input dark ^^ Is this better guys? More detail, but auto calculations make it quicker.......

RUN: 42

COST
AMPS: 2 LVL 3 (L)
AMPS TT: 228
AMPS MU: 258
REPAIR: 11.83
COST TT: 461.83
COST MU: 491.83

RETURNS
NOTABLE FINDS: NONE
RETURN TT: 368.07
RETURN MU: 416.87
AVERAGE MU %: 113
RETURN TT %: 80
RETURN MU %: 85
RETURN TT vs COST MU %: 75

WIN-LOSE
RUN: -74.96
TOTAL: -4456.04

GOOGLE SPREADSHEET

Last edited:
All nice and informative. "Return MU %" stat seems odd.

I guess I still set up my logs a bit differently.

The key line, that I believe you are missing, is %Return TT against overall Costs (TT probes, decay, MU, etc) as I feel this is the REAL % return you are getting.

I go further and base my logs off %Return TT against TT cost and %Return TT against MU Cost. When I decide to sell my ores, I also take into consideration total cost of AH Fees, Decay on Extractor, Finder and Refiner. My aim is to have Total TT Found + MU on Sales = All costs associated with mining/selling. Maybe I go a bit in depth but I know for a fact that, in the last 16,000PEDs cycled (since I started log), I have 0 loss. (once I hit breakeven I dont care anymore and proceed with a new cycle). If I hit a loss, I will carry that loss over into the new Cycle but no need as of yet.

Note* I frequently am hitting hi MU ores in my spots. Usually 2 ore types + rares cover all my costs and profit comes off the rest. (ARK mining is awesome if you know where to go)

@ Dark, same auto calculation you guys suggested used for both run 41 and run 42 on the spreadsheet gave 113... because the feckin Blaus owned me.

@ Barry, I need really need to keep the MU consistency high like run 41. But this is something I have always struggle with along with steady amp MU. Amp wise I'm either going to have to find lower or high level with lower MU cost or go back to unamped mining. Something to ponder.

I will also try and add the TT return % Versus Over all MU cost. If I do it will show up on logs as "TTRTN vs MU" [EDIT - added this in]

Thanks again guys for the advise. You can never have to much of that ;)

I do wish you the best of luck with mining.

Ark sadly shifted some ores this VU and im trying to find good spots again. From my experience, any amp over 120% MU isn't worth it unless you want to take a gamble. I ran a few 9/10s lately and always lost my ass. Only way my log broke even was MU and 85%plus TT off unamped/L2 runs. D-class is as high as i go now.

Spoons.

RUN: 43

COST
AMPS MU: 260.78
REPAIR: 7.99
COST TT: 457.99
COST MU: 490.77

RETURNS
NOTABLE FINDS: XIII Substantial Caldorite 68 Ped Global
RETURN TT: 489.66
RETURN MU: 548.85
AVERAGE MU %: 112
RETURN TT %: 107
RETURN MU %: 112
RETURN TT vs COST MU %: 100

WIN-LOSE
RUN: +58.08
TOTAL: -4397.96

GOOGLE SPREADSHEET

Well, Ore in my fav areas have definitely changed. I need to get grip on this and fast. + Run but terrible MU ore apart from the Kanerium. My bad!
Having been following the LBML maps, it's clear that even though the largest percentage of drops in any given area can be for example Gazz or Niks, my luck always nets me the sub 10% ores that are the worst markup.

No problem though, the game is not eating my peds as fast as it did last year so that is a positive. On with the next run and uber :smoke:

Last edited:
RUN: 44

COST
REPAIR: 8.38
COST TT: 458.38
COST MU: 491.16

RETURNS
RETURN TT: 305.09
RETURN MU: 351.40
AVERAGE MU %: 115
RETURN TT %: 67
RETURN MU %: 72
RETURN TT vs COST MU %: 62

WIN-LOSE
RUN: -139.76
TOTAL: -4537.72

GOOGLE SPREADSHEET

!!!!! BY NRF. Changed LA multiple times and even logged off altogether during first half of run due to claims which suddenly all turned to Lyst which also happened in last 15 drops.

Last edited:
I guess I still set up my logs a bit differently.

The key line, that I believe you are missing, is %Return TT against overall Costs (TT probes, decay, MU, etc) as I feel this is the REAL % return you are getting.

I go further and base my logs off %Return TT against TT cost and %Return TT against MU Cost. When I decide to sell my ores, I also take into consideration total cost of AH Fees, Decay on Extractor, Finder and Refiner. My aim is to have Total TT Found + MU on Sales = All costs associated with mining/selling. Maybe I go a bit in depth but I know for a fact that, in the last 16,000PEDs cycled (since I started log), I have 0 loss. (once I hit breakeven I dont care anymore and proceed with a new cycle). If I hit a loss, I will carry that loss over into the new Cycle but no need as of yet.

Note* I frequently am hitting hi MU ores in my spots. Usually 2 ore types + rares cover all my costs and profit comes off the rest. (ARK mining is awesome if you know where to go)

I do the same thing, when I sell ore's at AH I take auction fees into account, and keep a Auction log for a ore sales. Because most of the time the daily MU I track on my log changes so much. It helps to give me a better picture of where I’m at with my mining.
Plus I take all decay fees and MU associated with them (enhancer's, TK320, amps)

RUN: 45

COST
REPAIR: 10.78
COST TT: 460.78
COST MU: 493.56

RETURNS
RETURN TT: 400.61
RETURN MU: 435.53
AVERAGE MU %: 109
RETURN TT %: 87
RETURN MU %: 88
RETURN TT vs COST MU %: 81

WIN-LOSE
RUN: -58.03
TOTAL: -4595.75

GOOGLE SPREADSHEET

Went to Niks hotspot according to LBML... Came home with mainly Frig. Niks was sparse but probably because my finders average depth is a little short of the recorded average depth of niks. (Maybe try this area again with a deeper (ul) finder).

:)

RUN: 46

COST
AMPS: 2 LVL 4 (L)
AMPS TT: 300
AMPS MU: 353
PROBES TT: 194
REPAIR: 9.02
COST TT: 503.02
COST MU: 556.02

RETURNS
RETURN TT: 458.30
RETURN MU: 487.98
AVERAGE MU %: 106
RETURN TT %: 91
RETURN MU %: 88
RETURN TT vs COST MU %: 82

WIN-LOSE
RUN: -68.04
TOTAL: -4663.79

GOOGLE SPREADSHEET

Niks belkar and frig with lyst dropping near the end of run so I moved and finished with more belkar.

RUN: 47

COST
AMPS: 2 LVL 4 (L)
AMPS TT: 300
AMPS MU: 352
PROBES TT: 196
REPAIR: 11.05
COST TT: 507.05
COST MU: 559.05

RETURNS
NOTABLE FINDS: 30 Ped tt of Kanerium
RETURN TT: 387.98
RETURN MU: 506.41
AVERAGE MU %: 131
RETURN TT %: 77
RETURN MU %: 91
RETURN TT vs COST MU %: 69

WIN-LOSE
RUN: -52.64
TOTAL: -4716.43

GOOGLE SPREADSHEET

Not a bad run with 30 ped of Kanerium and 52 ped of Duru to turn around another poor run. No matter where I go it's always belkar making up 90% of my ore finds and Gazz, no matter the amp size the claims are always IV poor. I reakon there is currently too much Gazz in the system. I've gone from level 3 to 4 amps and no change in the majority of Gazz claim size.

Anyway onwards I go. I've got just enough ped for another 196 drop level 4 amp run :p

Nice markup that run :). Keep it up.

Run 53

Costs

TT 456 PED

Returns

TT 309 PED
MU 325 PED

Return TT 68%
Return MU 71%

Total Win / Lose to Date

Will update with figures soon. Just testing the water again. However, three or four people in RT have just come back to hub having completed runs, some of which were 1k+ ped runs and all of us have had 67-68% TT returns of the last run........

Last edited:
Run 54

Costs

TT 458 PED

Returns

TT 298.84 PED
MU 333.06 PED

Return TT 65%
Return MU 73%

Total Win/Lose to Date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run 55

Costs

TT 478 PED

Returns

TT 512.07 PED
MU 553.33 PED

Return TT 105%
Return MU 113%

+63.33

Total Win/Lose to Date

Notables:

attachment.php