Dont worry I'm not giving up, I'm just broke :p

Run 24:

Costs

Amps 3x Level 2 light = 162 ped
6000x probes (300 ORE only drops) = 300 ped
Repairs = 0 ped

Total ped spent = 462 ped

Returns

Double SOOTO 23 ped & 25 ped beacons at start of run (TI Volcanic Edge)

Ores extracted: Belkar, Blaus, Cobalt, Durulium and Gazzurdite

Total Ped return inc MU = 299.70 ped

65% return / 35% loss (-162.30 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 24 = -3356.54 Ped

Changed to TK220 which was paid for by selling my MF-105, figured I would see what differences it makes to what ores I find in my top areas. Also replaced 102 refiner and extractors for the tt versions again no repair costs needed this run.
Another run, another disaster though had it not been for the 82ped of Duru and 64 ped of Gazz it would have been a nightmare run.
Beacon MU below +10 for both now making SOOTO unattractive (I'll settle for a UL amp please MA)

On with the next run :)

Edited & added SOOTO

Last edited:
Apologies will have to edit this run later. Forgot to add on the x2 SOOTO 23/25 double I got at the very start of run @ TI volcanic edge lol

Run 25:

Costs

Repairs = 0.20 ped

Total ped spent = 462.20 ped

Returns

V + VI Kanerium (most I have found of a rare in one run)
X Considerable Gazzurdite
X Considerable Durulium
XIII Abundant Gazzurdite (68 ped Global)

Ores extracted: Belkar, Durulium, Gazzurdite & Kanerium

Total Ped return inc MU = 400.93 ped

87% return / 13% loss (-61.27 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 25 = -3417.81 Ped

If the log is anything to by, a + run should be coming up soon so will it be a good one ?. Time will tell :)

Run 26:

Costs

Repairs = 2 ped

Total ped spent = 464 ped

Returns

X Considerable Dianum
X Considerable Lanorium
XIV Great Alferix (116 ped Global)

Ores extracted: Alferix, Blaus, Cumbriz, Dianum, Frigulite Gazzurdite, Gold & Kanerium, Lanorium, Terrudite and Valurite.

Total Ped return inc MU = 310 ped

67% return / 33% loss (-154 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 26 = -3571.81 Ped

Run 27:

Costs

Repairs = 1.22 ped

Total ped spent = 463.22 ped

Returns

X Considerable Narcasium
XIII Abundant Iron (54 Ped Global)

Ores extracted: Belkar, Blausarium, Durulium, Gazzurdite, Iron, Narcasium & Lysterium.

Total Ped return inc MU = 305.53 ped

66% return / 34% loss (-157.69 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 27 = -3729.50 Ped

Mostly Narc and Iron with little of the other. Another poor run. Next run...........

Run 28:

Costs

Amps 4x Level 2 light = 216 ped
6000x probes (392 ORE only drops) = 392 ped
Repairs = 22.23 ped

Total ped spent = 630.23 ped

Returns

IX Ample Iron x1
IX Ample Gazzurdite x1
X Considerable Erdorium x1
XIII Abundant Durulium (53 Ped Global)
XIII Abundant Lysterium (70 Ped Global)

Ores extracted: Adomasite, Blausarium, Caldorite, Durulium, Erdorium, Erionite, Gazzurdite, Ignisium, Iolite, Iron, Lysterium, Megan & Narcasium

Total Ped return inc MU = 556.86 ped

88% return / 12% loss (-73.37 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 28 = -3802.87 Ped

Run 29:

Costs

Amps 0 = 0 ped
4600x probes (230 ORE only drops) = 230 ped
Repairs = 6.47 ped

Total ped spent = 236.47 ped

Returns

XI Sizable Durulium (32 Ped at start of run)

Ores extracted: Durulium Gazzurdite & little bit of Belkar

Total Ped return inc MU = 156.17 ped

66% return / 34% loss (-80.30 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 29 = -3883.17 Ped

Still running at a terrible 66% return and -3383.17 ped loss (add on the losses prior to this log including hunting and crafting losses) and its safe to say Im down many K of peds. My personal loot pool should be so big that even getting 30% of that back from 2010 would be large enough to make me rich ingame :p

PS. Look at the Entropia Tracker week stats for Hunting Mining & Crafting... look how bad mining is in comparision.

2.2m+ ped worth of hunting globals this week, 1.5 millions crafting and only 600k worth of mining globals.

Last edited:
so much red numbers:drool:

Not sure why getting a butt raping, are you using
http://www.mininglog.com/ranks.php

Has a map function so can make sure have adequate spacing. Also records find/locations etc - which can be good when looking for a specific ore/enamatter at a latter stage.

Try some unamped runs till hit some green numbers. Have done okay in mining in profit after MU(lost all on hunting :laugh:). Unamped boring but should yield some profit after MU

Ps Stop crafting.

Pss I am in no way a Guru at entropia, if it fails dont blame me ;)

With those losses, you might as well mine at HELL or FOMA.

Yep I do use that LBML mapping to pick an area. For example, I've recently been mining up near New Switzerland for the magority Narc/Nik finds, also tend to mine the areas with little or no tax as did with the last run up near NS but still 60% returns ^.^.

If you check my spreadsheet log you'll notice the 10/29 unamped runs I've done. Beleive you me, back in 2010 I always ran unamped.

Rarely craft, and hunting is defo better returns for me but its just to tedious.

Run 30:

Costs

Amps 0 = 0 ped
3000x probes (150 ORE only drops) = 150 ped
Repairs = 6.30 Ped

Total ped spent = 156.30 ped

Returns

Ores extracted: Mainly Narc with Niksarium and a bit of Gazzurdite & Blaus.

Total Ped return inc MU = 99.34 ped

63% return / 37% loss (-56.96 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 30 = -3940.13 Ped

Last edited:
Run 31:

Costs

Amps 0 = 0 ped
7200x probes (360 ORE only drops) = 360 ped
Repairs = 14.72 Ped

Total ped spent = 374.72 ped

Returns

XIV Great Erdorium (98 Ped Global)

Ores extracted: Mainly Narc and Erdo with bits of Adom, azz, belk, blaus,copper, caldorite, cumbriz, gazz, Niks and zinc

Total Ped return inc MU = 303.24 ped

81% return / 19% loss (-71.48 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 31 = -4011.61 Ped

I ran another LA up at New Switzerland. My technique is to carpet bomb a land area providing claims are regular (NRF). My drop range has always been optimal becuase originally, I messured the distance (55m x2= 110m) with 2 vehicles and then counted the seconds to run from one to the other and did the same flying and driving.

Anyway its funny how I always global when I deposit :). The 98 pedder came at the start of the run, before and after that the claims were always II III and the occasional IV and V but nothing bigger.

My rule back when I mine on planet. Never short change yourself and go exactly your search radius. Theres plenty of land but limited bombs. There is no such thing as missing out on area. If you've mined enough you will realise ore does not pre-exist in the ground, hence why the daily mining % on entropia tracker never projects over 20% unless near-ATH hits. MA can never give you more than what they can give. With that assumption, ores and enmatters are generated each time you bomb. So it doesn't matter to you if you run beyond the exact search radius.

This applies to anywhere.

Run 32:

Costs

Amps 0 = 0 ped
Repairs = 3.08 Ped

Total ped spent = 303.08 ped

Returns

3x IV Kanerium was the highlight of this run :p

Ores extracted: Narcasium, Niksarium, Kanerium, Caldorite, Dianum, Blausarium and a bit of Adomasite.

Total Ped return inc MU = 214.67 ped

71% return / 29% loss (-88.41 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 32 = -4100.02 Ped

Claims were a plenty and average MU was high this run but still too many II and III's crippling me. I'm also wondering if I should go back to using enhancer to deepen my average search depth as things seem worse with the F-105 without depth enhancers. Time to look at cashing out on skills soon me thinks :)

New switz used to be great mining area, now it´s inflated with many low mu resources.
Did 2-3 runs there in past 6 months and untill you wont hit lucky narc hof, there is not much to hope for.

And to enhancers - there is really no signififcant difference when you can go 40 metres deeper, dont use them, you are doing bad anyway, why you want to increase your loss even more?

and last advice - just keep bombing, there is nice hof going towards you. I think you lost just enough to pay back your previous duru hof.

Btw your biggest problem still remains low markup (ofc its getting better as time goes, but you are learning very slowly, lol ). Try to camp oshiri for nix/duru, unamped you can do well in shinook even with such a low mu gazz is having nowadays.

gl

New switz used to be great mining area, now it´s inflated with many low mu resources.
Did 2-3 runs there in past 6 months and untill you wont hit lucky narc hof, there is not much to hope for.

And to enhancers - there is really no signififcant difference when you can go 40 metres deeper, dont use them, you are doing bad anyway, why you want to increase your loss even more?

and last advice - just keep bombing, there is nice hof going towards you. I think you lost just enough to pay back your previous duru hof.

Btw your biggest problem still remains low markup (ofc its getting better as time goes, but you are learning very slowly, lol ). Try to camp oshiri for nix/duru, unamped you can do well in shinook even with such a low mu gazz is having nowadays.

gl

Mate thanks for the reply. My Markup is not that bad to be honest. when I get stuff such as belkar its usually low tt value anyway. The magority of the finds markup is always +20 %

The tt values of total ores claimed are what really hits hard, the last run netted 40 Ped tt worth of Niks followed by 38 ped tt of Narcs................. Niks I sold for 129 and the narc for 121.

So the most tt worth of ore was Niks and Narc but because the tt value claimed was low I had a massive hole to fill. It was nothing to do with NRF or finding MU because I only had a few low mu ore finds. I got many claim but most were Tiny narc / niks!

My opinion is that Tiers do help, with Tier 4.9 I had much less tiny claims than using this Tier 2.9 105.

Run 33:

Costs

Amps 0 = 0 ped
4000x probes (200 ORE only drops) = 200 ped
Repairs = 8.57 Ped

Total ped spent = 208.57 ped (tt+0)

Returns

IX Ample Niks x1
IV Kanerium :)

Ores extracted: Narcasium (34.00), Niksarium (42.25), Kanerium(2.50), Caldorite (3.23), Gold (2.00), Blausarium (7.20), Adomasite (5.40) and Zinc (2.20).

Total Ped return tt = 98.78 Ped

Total Ped return inc MU = 119.48 ped
Average MU = 64%

57% return / 43% loss (-89.09 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 33 = -4189.11 Ped

I'm going to add in tt value of ped spend and tt return to my starting with this one. Servers down so will add the MU return and totals later. Returns prior to mark up at 47% so another huge hole to claw back.

Edit: Big hole which didn't get filled leaving me in an ever bigger hole.

Last edited:
Last run up to date now. Cheers.

Coming up to a year since I last played so I'm about to jump in-game and check out the changes since I been gone. Have returns in general improved for miners since my last log or is it the same monetary sink ? Stay tuned :p

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 33 = -4189.11 Ped

Carrying on from here, run 34 coming soon �™

:cool:

still a moneysink if you go over budget or go for low MU stuff

still a moneysink if you go over budget or go for low MU stuff

Nice to see your still going since last year ^^. The only low MU stuff I got was some Belkar. Nice to get a run with 0 Lyst too :D

Run 34:

Costs

Amps 2 LvL 2 Lights = 104 ped
Repairs = 25.97 Ped

Total ped spent = 359.97 ped

Returns

XIII Gazz 52ped Global (Everything else VII and below)
Ores extracted: Mostly Gazz (208.50), Duru (96) and a little Belk (39.72)

Total Ped return tt = 347.09 Ped

Total Ped return inc MU = 411.95 ped

114% return / 0% loss (+51.98 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 34 = -4137.13 Ped

Thanks, and nice to see you back too :). Nice markup you got on that run.

Run 35:

Costs

Amps 2 LvL 2 Lights = 104 ped
Repairs = 27.47 Ped

Total ped spent = 361.47 ped

Returns

No Globals
Kanerium, Duru, Gazz, Belkar, Lyst (only one drop), Frig, Cobalt, Azz, Blaus, Dian, Lanor

Total Ped return tt = 245.39 Ped

Total Ped return inc MU = 301.85 ped (Average MU = 136%)

83.5% return / 16.5% loss (-59.62 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 35 = -4196.75 Ped

From the types of ore mined you can tell I had to move around through many LA trying to find spots. To start with not good with 1 lyst and a few blaus and other shitty ore. What killed the profit here is not the ore types but the many NRF's on the first amp. Once the second amp was used the Gaz, Kanerium and better ores started to drop.

Run 37:

Costs

Amps 2 LvL 3 = 264 ped
Repairs = 6.57 Ped

Total ped spent = 500.57 ped

Returns

Noteable Claims:

X Considerable Belkar
X Considerable Duru

Total Ped return tt = forgot to log it

Total Ped return inc MU = 366.92 ped (Average MU = not calculated)

73% return / 27% loss (-133.65 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 37 = -4413.88 Ped

Run 38:

Costs

Amps 2 LvL 3 = 264 ped
4440x probes (222 ORE only drops) = 222 ped
Repairs = 18.65 Ped

Total ped spent = 504.65 ped

Returns

Noteable Claims:

XI Sizable Narc

Total Ped return tt = 410.99

Total Ped return inc MU = 461.81 ped (Average MU = 113%)

91.5% return / 8.5% loss (-42.84 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 38 = -4456.72 Ped

38 was a pretty sweet run with the majority narc, well until part of the LA turned to Azz/Lyst/Lanor. Moved back towards starting area and ore went back to Narc finds. Had I not ran into the crap stuff, this run may have been a profit (despite narcs having a poorer mu these days).

One good thing. Since my return to the game, Lysterium has only dropped 5 times all in all but Azz and Lanor seem to the ones most difficult to avoid. I'm also struggling to locate Niks on calypso so any tips welcome.

Time for Run 39. :)

Last edited:
Sh!t, Edited run 36 instead of copying and pasting to new post :|

question what extractor / finder are you using? cause your repair bill is huge...
i honestly think the repair is killing you secretly

anyways gl

question what extractor / finder are you using? cause your repair bill is huge...
i honestly think the repair is killing you secretly

anyways gl

Sometimes its extra repairs to armour and fuel. I switched to a another extractor for run 39 so have added 12 ped for repairing it and on this run I took 10ped ammo to clear mobs from mining spots:

Run 39:

Costs

Amps 2 LvL 3 = 262 ped
4440x probes (230 ORE only drops) = 222 ped
Repairs + extras = 28.82 Ped

Total ped spent = 512.82 ped

Returns

Noteable Claims:

None

Total Ped return tt = did not log it

Total Ped return inc MU = 407.45 ped (Average MU = not calculated)

79% return / 21% loss (-105.37 ped)

Total Lost / Won at the end of run 37 = -4562.09 Ped

Whats funny is, that I took 10ped ammo to clear mobs from mining area and used about 4ped worth, the couple of mobs I killed returned 20ped so in the hunting respect it was a straight profit lol.
Thinking of switching to a deeper finder. We will see. Run 40 next. :)

Back