Question: So basically, Rocktropia is just another big LA in the shape of a planet...

AJack10600

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Larios Semai Niva
So basically, Rocktropia is just another big LA in the shape of a planet...

No new content really except the mobs, no new features at all...

And this is what we have been waiting for ... for years...

It's not whining... it's desilusion... :rolleyes:

New items, and some new systems coming I guess...

I dunno, what did ya expect? ;)

New weapons also. Have looted a shotgun. :)

what were you expecting? its the same platform, what can be done with the same underlying system?

At least not another Neverdie LA...

Something different with different professions, different things to do. This is the same thing with different scenery ... and the storyline does not exist and does not fit anyway...

Besides I don't feel like paying 40 Ped to go there... but that's just my problem I guess.. :silly2:

Day 1

Remember that all planets are built on the same platform, backed up by the same systems.

Also, remember this is Day 1 - not even an update yet. Give them some time.

:beerchug:

Miles

Yeah, except for new mobs, a few lowend weapons and surroundings, there's nothing exciting so far.

Where are new ores, professions, tools, armors, faps, skills, etc, etc,??

LOL - Dude you shoulda been paying attention -- then the disillusion woulda set in years ago and you wouldn't be suffering now. ;)

Nevertheless....I feel for ya.

Also, remember this is Day 1 - not even an update yet. Give them some time.

:beerchug:

Miles

Sigh... how much more time do you recon I should give them :silly2:

After waiting for planet for a few years...

Well i suposed what your saying could be true but the excitement of new owners, mobs, new items to collect and new scenery.

You never know now what those red dots are on your radar. That to me is excitement enough. I dont look at it as another "Neverdie LA"

Mikass looted a shot gun. Thats cool cant wait to see what type of weapons are there..I wonder if you can bring weapons from planet A to planet B?

Im sure there will be more features on The Rock then we know. MA will probably have updates every other day to spice The Rock up. Just wait and see what happens

Sometimes new can be good. Sometimes!

At least not another Neverdie LA...

Something different with different professions, different things to do. This is the same thing with different scenery ... and the storyline does not exist and does not fit anyway...

Besides I don't feel like paying 40 Ped to go there... but that's just my problem I guess.. :silly2:

really not a few weeks for free.

Mikass looted a shot gun. Thats cool cant wait to see what type of weapons are there..I wonder if you can bring weapons from planet A to planet B?

I have an idea, why don't you spend 80 ped to find out and let us know how it works out. I would, but I'll be busy with my drones at Jason...

I have an idea, why don't you spend 80 ped to find out and let us know how it works out. I would, but I'll be busy with my drones at Jason...

I plan on it partner!!! soon i get off this rig

I was so happy to find we could still use our skills, weapons, still chat with soc back on Calypso etc. It was a good start I think! :)

I was so happy to find we could still use our skills, weapons, still chat with soc back on Calypso etc. It was a good start I think! :)

Sweet thats what i wanted to know

Well, dont know what future brings us... sounds like a good start this far tho

From the client facing side of the system, I think the OP is correct for the most part.

On the back end of the system, There must be new systems in place that have to track deposits versus payout per partner planet or revenue distribution between planet partners would be as lumpy as our loot.

ND would be an ideal candidate to bring on first because of his history with MA/PE/CND/EU/PC. He's been beaten around enough so as not to be as sensitive to the smaller taps that will no doubt occur as MA grows their system for multi-partner operations.

It's not a concept that convinces me...

Give it some time, hopefully it will come some new features very soon... :D

why always more time ? more time more time... this project has been running for years... If all they can come up with in terms of planets is a different scenery... then what's the point.

You might as well just create a game with skins... skins for the background or the mobs... but essentially same game... wtf :rolleyes:

I wonder why we can use all items there like we can here?
I thought the planets would be more separated from Calypso, new items that you can only use there. Not that you can bring and use everything from here over there too. I thought it would be different worlds...

.. also global messages should not be visible imho and auction too.
or at least a seperate section in both "interstellar auction" and "interstellar global chat" :D

why always more time ? more time more time... this project has been running for years... If all they can come up with in terms of planets is a different scenery... then what's the point.

You might as well just create a game with skins... skins for the background or the mobs... but essentially same game... wtf :rolleyes:

Think I`ve seen a broadcasting terminal inside Neverdie Club(at City of Dreams). I suspect a lot of new features will arise. They`ve just basically got the planet to the stage where users can already enjoy something. I think it`s good they`ve released it as it is instead of doing X more months of closed beta testing.

Even if there are some "skins" better than ones on Calypso actually on buildings and some of mobs, game needed that. Calypso architecture and imagery was absent in most areas. This is a new fresh approach that can only do good.

Also we got yourselves a new dev team working in parallel with one at FPC bringing much more content for us. Think it`s very good and positive news. Will bring much more content and diversity. Even if say there`s new weapon mobs and areas. I`d be pleased with that alone but hardly doubt we won`t see any special features. For eg we know for a fact that Treasure Island will have some time travel feature and some area where people could only use certain weapon types. These are basically 2 new features.

Last edited:
Time, time more time... why oh why...:scratch2:

If all of us were so tight with the "4$ transport fee" as some of you are, then we wouldnt see a new planet in decades, nor cryengine2...

Cheers and try to have some fun! doh.. for free ofc!;)

Robo:smoke:

If all of us were so tight with the "4$ transport fee" as some of you are, then we wouldnt see a new planet in decades, nor cryengine2...

Maybe the "tight" ones don't need, nor want, another planet.

I think a lot of us got the wrong impression by what a new planet would consist of.

The variation between rocktropia and planet calypso (at this stage at least) is almost entirely just different textures/models, the other minor differences being animations and a small collection of different item stats.

These aren't the kind of things we had been looking forward to I suspect. Any new forms of gameplay is what is needed, otherwise every planet will feel largely the same.

Now I understand all the planets are built under the same system, but it's hard to tell how much flexibility the systems have, and after our first look at rocktropia, the major worry is that there isn't much flexibility at all, what we've seen on planet calypso is everything that can be done.

I hope to see further development by MA on this. If not greater flexibility, at the very least, an improvement in gameplay.

It's dissapointing to see Rocktropia be so tacky in some respects, to be the front-man of NDs ego. Especially when it invades the feel of our beloved planet calypso in the form of drunk android vixen and NEVERDIE dragon globals and Bad Ass Mother Fucker present day shotguns.

the planets will only have scenery. There wont be any new features or such as MA provide the platform. The only thing we might see is new types of items, mobs, story and quests. Every other game features will have to come from MA.

Yes

To short

Back