Help: So how many active players are we actually?

Are you active?

• I am active.

Votes: 149 88.7%
  • (Same as the above)

Votes: 19 11.3%

• Total voters
check entropiatracker.com for active players.

lot of players dont check this forum because
1. they dont want too
2. they dont like it
3. Have another forum in their language

I got into an argument not too long ago with an expert that claims his private tracker tracked less than 4000 unique globals(he refused to post proof). So that plus the people that don't global regularly is the low end estimate. If we ignore team hunts I say maybe 7000 to 10000 at most.

kosmos

Edit:

I might have to eat humble pie after reading this moments ago

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...r/175640-yearly-repport-entropia-tracker.html

At least starfinder posts some proof and not just words.

I have no idea what you want to do with the active users here compared to the ones in EU. To make this work you'd need the percentage of people who have an account on EF.

BTW, I didn't global in a while, so count me to whichever group you want :).

Better solution than using the poll option here on forum would be to use Starfinders Api to track the globals in your own DB.

So you get at least the unique globaling avatar for a given timeframe.

To get a ratio between player with tracker records / active globals more effort is required. Gether a group of ppl, look for populated places and note all the avas there. Check if the ava has a tracker record with recent globals.

Do that in different timeframes on as many places as possible.

Determine a ratio between tracked /non tracked avas.

Still not accurate, but you get at least an idea of the ratio.

Now you apply the ratio of globalling avatars to non globalling avatars on the number of unique Avatars globalling and you should get a good estimate about how many active participants are populating EU

Since there are so many wild guesses about how many active players we are in this game

There are many wild guesses, but there are also many very good calculations and estimates done over the years.
And unfortunaly, this thread will go under 'wild guesses' and not good estimates.

I think as others have said here, we do some estimates and calculations every year we get good numbers from ET.

I would say around 20k people who log in at least once a month

I don'T know if the ET hunting ranking includes teams as well or only unique Avatars, maybe SF can clarify here. When it's unique avas, then atleast 12k globalled withing the last 30 days. So Immortal's estimate sounds about right to me

I am active again. I am back after playing maybe 30 hours over the course of the last 6 months, because of some life issues.

It does seem to be a lot more people on EF than playing in the game though. Couple nights ago I mined for 300 bombs and never saw another green dot out there mining.

Also if his list is just hunting globals I have never globaled hunting. Think my biggest loot is maybe 30 peds hunting.

One way to check would be to look at the internet traffic for:

http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/ (The client loader log in page)

If you could find how many unique ip addresses logged into that in the last month, you could have a pretty good estimate of how many people are playing. The households that have multiple avatars playing might balance out well with people that log in from multiple locations...

Anyone know a site that can do this?

4000 since he started tracking?

It was uniqu3 from art of war maybe you can get him to shed some light on his claims.. he never seemed to want to really answer any questions.

Nice thread! If you having fun with it wy not alsow find out at witch MA time most players are online. I can gues it but still. There some forum post about it to. But hey if you're trying to find out stuff wy not find out the hours on a day that peak.:) Well gl with the thread:)

Again a guess but would think that something like 10%-20% of players play from multiple ip´s so maybe like 30k is more accurate?!

Again a guess but would think that something like 10%-20% of players play from multiple ip´s so maybe like 30k is more accurate?!

But you also have to consider households that have more than one player as well, which could be accounted for by the people that play from multiple IP's.

I'd say the 40k number is about right in that case

I got into an argument not too long ago with an expert that claims his private tracker tracked less than 4000 unique globals(he refused to post proof). So that plus the people that don't global regularly is the low end estimate. If we ignore team hunts I say maybe 7000 to 10000 at most.

I think i can answer this ;)

There are no wild guesses - the former EPTracker database had ~6K unique avatars globalling (inluding discovery/tierups) within the couple of months we recorded 24/7.

Add
  1. the traders
  2. low-turnover players that didn't global because the spank snables all day
  3. players that only hunt in teams

Subtract
  1. people that had their first "welcome noob" global and decided to quit thereafter...
  2. duplicate avatars, made for whatever purpose (i.e. people who were too late to have a glance at the NAZ, yet wanted to see it, people who play with their "alt" when loot on the "main avatar" sucks)

... and you end up at ~10K (my personal guess would be a bit less)

And from what i've seen, the numbers on ET confirm this estimation.

/Edit: I don't have access to the EP database anymore, so i cannot "provide proof" - but should you doubt my words are correct, feel free to ask Peter, the data should be still in there.

Possibly. So now i got my answer :D
somewhere between 25k and 30k players :)

Lol, never, maybe all that ever played EU since it went gold.

Last edited:
If you look at my signature... The 12K'some is the unique number of people (not teams) .. who has globalled in the last 30 days (since everyone gets a rank on ET)....

So.. its AT LEAST 12K now by just hunters... :)

Back