So, what now..?

Nivek1098

Young
I've recently started playing about a week ago, i have been sweating and doing some noob hunting with friends, that wasn't such a good idea for my money :rolleyes:
Anyway, i have just gotten full Pixie set, and a new weapon.. but, what now?
I do not really know what i should do or where i should go at this point..
could anyone give me some tips? I would be gratefull

Thanks

Full set of Pixie sounds good for a start.
I assume you want to hunt.
Before i can give you any further tips, which weapon did you get and is your pixie fully repaired?

My Pixie armor isn't fully repaired, but i'd say they are about 80% ish..
And i got a Isib CB5, id say about 45% Durability... But i can't repait it.

Now don't start bashing me , but try getting a full goblin set instead or having both is even better. I remember when I started hunting after my weeks of sweatting , I got pretty decent reteurns on snabblesnots east of fort Argus with an unamped opalo.
To hunt those with some easy you will need the goblin set.
Now , that was 2 years agoo almost and loots have changed greatly from that time so I will and can not guarantie this to be THE solution but it is an option.

GR

Castro

Ok thanks, Guess i might as wel sell my Pixie set then heh, get some money for goblin.
and i'll also go get some tele's, thanks for the info!

I like the Isis CB5 - it's a nice weapon, and a great way to start skilling blp rifle.

True it's limited so you can't repair it, but it's still very economical to use, almost the same as an opalo, and it lasts a long time (decay is very low).

The only drawback is that there is no good amp for it, comparable to the A10X laser amp series.

If you want to carry on down the blp route, stick with it, but remember the opalo which is the equivalent laser rifle available from the TT is not limited, which removes the problem of keep buying new ones. It all depends on which you prefer to skill - laser or blp.

Assuming you plan to start with hunting (and it's a good place to start, since it's useful to be able to defend yourself when roaming the countryside, and gives useful skills for other professions too), and you want to carry on with blp skilling, I would suggest you keep going with your CB5, killing small mobs, at least until you have maxed the hit and damage for it. (ie until the weapon stats say 'not any more' for skill bonus)

In general, killing small mobs probably gives you more skills than big ones, because you seem to get a small bonus for each kill.

Also, I would suggest setting yourself some small targets. Do you have all the TPs on eudoria? If not, you could set yourself the target of getting some more of these. Many can be achieved alone, without someone running you, and it's all the more of an achievement when you get there on your own.

Having all the TPs is really useful, unless you plan to spend the rest of your life in PA, since it's a real pain when you are invited on a team hunt, and they say 'meet at echidna' and you don't have the TP :)

Other than that, I would say, explore, try out killing different mobs to see what you can handle. Do you have any thoughts yet about which direction you might want to go? Any profession that you think you really want to do?

You're right about hunting not being great on your ped card - you almost certainly won't profit at the start unless you are very lucky.

You can help offset this, by hunting mobs that tend to yield higher markup loot. The higher the markup, the less you will lose on each hunt.

Sabakumas are good because they tend to yield lots of paint.

If you can manage them, you could also look at merps, caudatergus and fouls, but you may find your own preferences.

On the other hand, snables are nice for skilling as well.

You may find you can kill smaller mobs without armour at all - if so, take the armour off. Why waste the decay? You shouldn't need any armour to kill young snables or sabas.

If you spend your peds wisely, and hunt economically, you can stretch your money that little bit further.

Have fun :)

To hunt those with some easy you will need the goblin set.
GR
Castro

Not bashing at all but as a 3 week noob i am now hunting snable, exa around Atlas Haven with no armour at all with a breer M1a and i was doing the same with unamped opalo until i maxed that out. :)

Hello,

As you can tell from the previous posts armour choices are quite personal even at this level where affordable and common chioces are limited.

You have basically 3 armour choices -
- none - offers 0 protection (but costs nothing and doesnt decay ;) )
- Pixie - Offers 9 Impact and 3 cut protection
- Goblin - Offers 12 Impact and 9 Acid protection

Now, to choose what, if any, armour you want.
You will eventually want armour so it does not hurt to start gathering a set as soon as you can. Having said that you should consider not using the armour at first. The reason for this is you can sweat for free, dying costs nothing and the attacks you endure during sweating will give you defensive skills (this is important). Most of the noob mobs do impact damage which is why some have, correctly IMHO, suggested that you get goblin. So, for example, if you were to go and hunt Saba with your current pixie set it would offer you 0 protection as Saba do 100% stab damage(goblin will also give 0 protection for Saba). If you hunt Exa then your pixie will give you 9 protection and goblin would give you 12 (Exa is 100% impact). Now if you hunt Combibo (60% Impact, 40% cut) you will still get 12 impact protection from the goblin but 40% of evey hit will go straight through to your ava as goblin does not protect against cut. Pixie vs combibo would offer you 12 protection also but would spread the protect beween the different types of damage (9 impact, 3 cut). Now lets look at snable, they do acid damage. Goblin offers the best acid damage around until you get into seriously high end armour (e.g. expedition, Gremlin, P.O.E.,Rutuba, Serum, Supremecy). So, pixie will give 0 prtection from snables but goblin will give you 9 protection.

Sweating the animals will also give you an idea of how hard they hit you and what type of protection you would need to have to kill one.

As you gain defensive skills you will get hit less often. This is a gradual process and you might not notice the difference for a while. The benefit to getting hit less is that you armour doesn't have to protect you when you dont get hit and doesnt decay.

After you have selected your armour you can think about guns. You curent choice is OK just do some research so you know where your dead periods are going to be in weapon progression (every choice has these periods but some are worse than others). After your gun is selected run out and kill a few of each mob, without armour first, to see how they work out for you and how easy/hard it is to kill them. Then try them with armour. See which ones loot best for you and what you need to kill them. If you dont need armour then dont use it (but do keep it in inventory for emergencys or mid hunt mob changes).

Finally, if you do choose to go Goblin (which I would recommend) dont get rid of your Pixe too quickly, it may still be usefull to you some times. I myself started with pixie, moved to goblin, then plated goblin then plated rascal. I still have my goblin and pixie but only the rascal and goblin still get regular use. (plates will have to be another leason).

Good luck,

Grounder

Not bashing at all but as a 3 week noob i am now hunting snable, exa around Atlas Haven with no armour at all with a breer M1a and i was doing the same with unamped opalo until i maxed that out. :)

Sure , that is off course possible , but when you start hunting exa,daiki,snabble over young and mature I suspect you will be fapping quiet a lot as a newb. From old on an opalo I think it is wiser to wear the goblin.
And in argus you have many olds and a moderate spawn of dominants wich are really fun to hunt as newb.
Why don't you go try hunting the high maturity snabbles (I think N atlas) naked with an unamped opalo and tell me how it went, because I even now have quiet some trouble doing that without fapping and I have 2.7k evade;)

But you are right on low maturity (up to mature) i suppose there is no need for armor.

GR

Castro

Sure , that is off course possible , but when you start hunting exa,daiki,snabble over young and mature I suspect you will be fapping quiet a lot as a newb. From old on an opalo I think it is wiser to wear the goblin.
And in argus you have many olds and a moderate spawn of dominants wich are really fun to hunt as newb.
Why don't you go try hunting the high maturity snabbles (I think N atlas) naked with an unamped opalo and tell me how it went, because I even now have quiet some trouble doing that without fapping and I have 2.7k evade;)

But you are right on low maturity (up to mature) i suppose there is no need for armor.

GR

Castro

I do not agree, in my noob days I shot dozens of old snables and providers after eachother with only my unamped opalo, and I didn't need to fap at all.
Key is to walk backwards and aim at max distance possible.
Also, snables start to miss alot when you get 500+ evade.

I do not agree, in my noob days I shot dozens of old snables and providers after eachother with only my unamped opalo, and I didn't need to fap at all.
Key is to walk backwards and aim at max distance possible.
Also, snables start to miss alot when you get 500+ evade.

Ok , point taken , Guess they just liked me very much back then:D;)

--------------------------------------------------

off topic : From where in belgium ??

Last edited:

Snable domis are quite easily killable naked with opalo+A101 and under 1k evade. No fapping rquired either.

The trick is to kill them one at a time ;)

Also as acronoid says...walk backwards, if they get a bit frisky :D

Hmm , I suppose I have to admit that I just love running around in armor now:D
I am just a bit lazy and prefer not to fap at all:silly2:

That might also be the reason that my storage is filled with useless armor set , hmm makes one wonder.......

Anyway good luck with your hunts Nivek1098, stop reading my posts and listen to the wiser people;)

GR

Castro

I agree that snables area good starter mob.
If you can do it without armor all the better, just try it out.

Only advise apart from that is that you should think hard about which kind of weapon you want to use in the future before you start any serious skilling.
You don't want to find out later that all possible upgrades are way out of your budget and you don't want to switch from hg to rifle or laser to blp because then it will take you longer to unlock coolness (and you want to unlock that)

If i had to start over i would probably start with laser hg because then you can max the Korss 400 pretty soon and that has a good economy despite the markup and it supports laser amps up to A106.
Of course weapon choice is something very personal and others will disagree, so that's just my 2 pecs.

Argus is by far the best Snabble location though it has a drawback in the fact that the eastern direction the good snabble mobs reside in is closer to an outpost than Argus.. so if you die.. you end up a LONG ways from where you want to be.. in a maffoid playground.... very tricky going ....and I use an A&P Brave Mentor edition on them.. not bad ammo use and 2-3 shots to kill so it sorta works out even as in using an opalo for overall ammo consumption. and any crits usually give me an instant kill.drops are quite substantial at times...
I've gone out and brought back nothing at all worth TTing or selling.. other times.. plenty of pixie and goblin parts... makes for a good TT food or trade for other armour such as goblin parts you might be missing.
Equally there have been days where I've gone out on a snabble hunt with 100-200 cells and ended my hunt heading to twin peaks to hunt exarosaurs with 2k ammo not a bad turnover... they are easy to kill economical.. and sometimes pay out quite well.. and on occasions.. you might bag a chunk of paints.Remember.. head out the north east gate and go east along the mountains,everything up to Dominants and Providers there.. all easy to kill.

Just for your interest, in my noob days I slayed 1000's of snables north of camp caravan. Just over the river.
When you skill up, you can hunt the snarksnots south of the river.

Trick is, Caravan (and zeus north of it) are hard tp's to get, since the lay as far as possible from PA.

I've recently started playing about a week ago, i have been sweating and doing some noob hunting with friends, that wasn't such a good idea for my money :rolleyes:
Anyway, i have just gotten full Pixie set, and a new weapon.. but, what now?
I do not really know what i should do or where i should go at this point..
could anyone give me some tips? I would be gratefull
Thanks

For the start, collect all the Teleports on both Eudoria and Amethera. You will get know the Calypso, will find where are the best hunting places for your skills, armour and gun and you will get also some EVADE and so on skills on the way as a free bonus ;)

Don't sell the pixie. Loot Goblin using the pixie. Pixie is always useful ...people plate it and still use it well past n00b days due to it's low repair costs ...mod pixie it's nicknamed.

Atlas Haven, South and North TPs are all surrounded by the mobs you will be happy hunting including Exas and snables that drop FAPs.

Goblin for snables is wasteful sometimes as they can't kill you yet they damage the armour ..they don't if the armour doesn't protect against acid attacks, and that's peds for ammo not going to repairs. You could hunt naked ....but those Dak Olds would be a lot harder to handle with no armour at all.

Atlas and Argus are both nice areas for newer guys to skill up as is Camp Pheonix where you'll find people to hunt with.

There is a really nice list of TPs and some great maps in EF sticky threads...get those to help you.

Just don't get scammed...while you get the TP locations from the forum thread sticky take the time to check out the scams thread too.
Armour can't be upgraded by other avatars..that kind of thing. :)

Best of luck.

t

Back