Solution for graphic problem

dakini

Guardian
Mistress Yogini Yogini
forget about us established players for a minute. think about all the new players who go to try EU out, most will not have this card and will not even give the game a chance due the horrible rubberbanding

You techies out there tell me if this is possible:

is is possbile for MA to release two clients, one for people with the graphics card and one for those without.

that would solve all problems

I don't think the current problems are related to having the physics card or not. That will simply improve performance for the advanced physics effects they will hopefully implement at a later date.

you dont need this physics card (its not a graphics card) nothing is different even when u do have it!

wait, you are telling me that even with the graphics card
there is rubberbanding?

if that is so, then their QA team needs to stop going to amsterdamn for vacation. :rolleyes:

dakini said:
wait, you are telling me that even with the graphics card
there is rubberbanding?

if that is so, then their QA team needs to stop going to amsterdamn for vacation. :rolleyes:

Well I doubt that many players have this card (and as mentioned before it's NOT a graphics card). If MA do introduce features from the new engine that would require this card I expect they will be optional in the same way that graphics features are often adjustable to suit the hardware you have.
This is what MA said on the support news page if you haven't already seen it...

New Physics Engine

Please note that the implementation of the PhysX engine does not require that particpants purchase the AGEIA PhysX Card. This update does however lay the foundation for extra physics features in the future which will benefit from the PhysX Card.

Sry for "hijack", but isn`t already known to techies that this physX card ain`t worth jackshitee?! I mean, I did see some tests about It and the conclusion was that It is a bubble-hype thing. Also the first thing that came to my mind is that "we" really don`t need it.

Pure "gameplay" issues are more important than some "new sponsor" logo in loader... Ahh, enough of my rants...It is a waste of my time and yours also..:laugh:

Regards,
Robo

physX is doing nothing atm. the rubberbanding is all due to lag, and possibly a new running animation (jumping got upgraded).

even with a card, you'd experience the same. and it was impossible for MA to tell, because they dont have a live test world with PC's connected from outside MA at their disposal :)

Back